‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Blaike

I was only in the hospital for a couple of days but it felt like way longer. Everyone was super paranoid after my accident and with the amount of attention I was getting I might as well have stayed in longer. I wasn't left alone for a minute. When Dad went to work he would drop me of at the Cullens' or one of them would go to the house and pick me up before he left to the station. It was starting to get really annoying. I liked to think that everyone was just worried about the safety of my baby but I knew that wasn't totally the case- they were freaked about me and I hated to feel so helpless.
I liked it when Erica was around because she wasn’t quite as much of a worrywart as the others. The problem was that she spent most of her time in La Push with Seth. I think she was avoiding me because she was guilty for what had happened, althoug I’d told her a ton of times it wasn’t her fault.
"I'm so bored," I complained.
"Lizzy, just relax. I'm sure that all this stress can't be good for the baby."
I rolled my eyes. "Bella, you had one kid and that was a way weird pregnancy so I don't think that makes you an expert on having kids."
"Liz, maybe if you'd paid attention in class you'd know that I'm not making this up. You need to rest and get off your feet."
"Oh, whatever."
"Elizabeth," she said warningly.
"Bite me," I mumbled. Whoops, poor choice of words.
Bella's eyes narrowed. "Elizabeth Margaret Swan, sit your ass down right now."
I immediately did what she said. She was actually very scary when she used her mom voice. And when Bella started cussing then you knew you were in some deep shit. "Yes, mother."
She sighed and a small smile played at the corners of her mouth. "Lizzy, I know that you're bored so I'll make you a deal. You can go to La Push if you swear not to do anything stupid or dangerous."
"I promise."
"Don't worry Bella," Leah said from behind me, making me jump, "I'll keep an eye on Liz. And we'll have the whole pack make sure she doesn't do anything reckless."
I spun around quickly. “When the fuck did you get here? You scared the shit out of me.”
She grinned and pulled me up to my feet. “That’s gross, Liz,” she teased. “You’d better not shit in my car or I’ll leave your ass on the side of the road.”
I laughed a little at that. The sad thing was that Leah abandoning me somewhere along the fifteen miles from Forks to La Push might be the most interesting thing to happen to me in a while.
Leah helped me outside and into her car. I was glad for the change and for a second I didn't notice the other passenger in the car. The tan girl had dark brown hair a couple of shades lighter than mine and hazel eyes. "This is my cousin Blaike Willis," Leah announced.
"Hi, I'm Liz."
"Hello. I've heard a lot about you. I'm glad you're feeling better."
"Thanks."
"Blaike's parents live in London and she was going to boarding school on the east coast. My mom's been home schooling her this year."
"Home school? How old are you?"
"I just turned 17 this past summer."
"Why didn't you go back to your school?"
"Well I can't very well go to a snotty prep school with me turning into a wolf whenever someone pisses me off. And trust me, that happens a ton."
I smirked. I liked Leah's cousin.
"Blaike came to visit over the summer for her birthday and the gene kicked in."
"Thank god, too, or I never would've known about this part of our family's history." It was odd to hear how much Blaike liked being a wolf. It was definitely a far cry from Leah's attitude when I'd first met her. "Being a wolf is the coolest thing ever."
"Oh yeah? What's your favorite part?"
She thought for a moment. "The boys. I mean, think about it. I get to hang out with super-hot guys all day long. How awesome is that?"
I laughed. "Aren't most of them older than you are?"
"So?” She was totally invested into the conversation once she brought up the insane good lucks of the Quileute boys. “I gotta say, Jake's a hottie. I'm so confused how that Daphney bitch got him."
"Blaike," Leah snapped. She glanced at me sideways but I pretended not to notice.
"Oops, sorry. But what I mean is that she totally doesn't deserve him. I think that if Jacob was smart then he'd still be with you. You're the one that really deserves him."
"Thanks, Baike. But no one ever accused Jake of being smart."
Leah snorted. "I'll say. But I think you can get him back. You’re just going to have faith and trust in us and-"
"Pixie dust?" I said in a hopeful tone. I laughed when she scowled at me.
"No, I was going to say kicking that bitch's ass."
"Oh right, pixie dust makes you fly. Kicking Daphney's ass sounds so much better so let's go with your plan."
Blaike started laughing and didn't stop until we entered La Push.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey peoples! so this one is knida just a filler to intro our newest character. hope ya'lls like it :) thanks to my readers and my commentors: beachblondea, xoxgal404, JustThinking, Lovely Sinner, ducky17!!!!!! i luv hearing from you!!!
ps. miss u, 2, twin. THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!!