‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Visit

Leah drove up to a little cottage-like house. The plain white door was open and the porch swing was swaying lightly in the wind. It was a pretty cute house and reminded me of something an old happy couple would live in. "Hey, who's place is this?"
"Emma's and Embry's. They bought it like last year and just finished fixing it up not too long ago. Embry had practically the whole pack helping. It turned out pretty nice."
"I'll say." This kind of place wasn’t what I’d have expected Emma to live in but things had definitely changed since the two of us had lived in Phoenix.
I was trying to get out of the tiny car when Emma ran out onto the porch. "Lizzy! Oh, I'm so glad you could come." She rushed over to my door to help me out. "Look at you. You've already got a little baby bump."
"Tell me about it. I'm not even that big yet and I'm already having trouble getting out of Leah's Nissan. I'm gonna look like a cow in just a matter of weeks."
Emma giggled. "I'll still think that you're the prettiest bitch ever."
"Thanks," I muttered sarcastically, which only made her laugh even more.
The inside of Emma's house was just as cozy as the outside. She, Blaike, and Leah made me sit down on one of the overstuffed couches. I protested that I was fine but my arguments fell on deaf ears. I settled into the chair and pulled my legs up under me while I stole the remote from her. "So what, I can't have any fun?"
"That's pretty much the deal. Nothing stupid or reckless or Bella'll kill us," Emma said with a laugh.
I rolled my eyes. "Bella doesn’t even have to know. And I’m not always stupid and reckless." I started channel surfing for lack of anything better to do.
"Yes you are. And what about Edward's and Alice's powers?"
I settled on the ASU football game. "I'm not going to think about it when Edward's around. And as for Alice, she can't even see me."
I stopped suddenly. Something was really wrong. I had been told that physical powers didn't work on me just like mental powers didn't work on Bella. Yet somehow, Alice had had a vision of me after I'd 'cut' myself and saw me holding the razor. Someone had to have panted that vision in her head but I knew that Jane didn't have that power
"Lizzy, what's wrong?"
"Someone's working with Jane," I said carefully, but my instincts told me that I was right.

*JACOB'S POV*
"You comin' over to my place, Jake?" Embry asked when we were done running patrol. "Emma's cooking some lunch."
"Sure, sure. I just have to run home and see if Daph wants to come too."
Embry and Quil both groaned. "Jake," Quil complained, "She's got you whipped. Can't you do one thing without her?"
"She probably won't go but I at least have to invite her."
They both complained when I asked her but it was all for nothing because Daphney wanted to go to Port Angeles anyway. The three of us ended up going to Embry's house right as Emma was pulling out a pan from the oven.
"Smells good," Embry commented. He went up and hugged her from behind. She turned in his embrace so that she could kiss his nose. It reminded me of Sam and Emily.
"I hope you boys are hungry. I made plenty."
"That's good 'cause we're starved," Quil said.
"Shut up," Leah hissed. "Lizzy's sleeping."
"No I wasn’t," Elizabeth said from the swinging door to the kitchen.
Leah’s eyes narrowed at Bella’s twin. “Well you were supposed to be.”
Liz snorted. “Yeah, right. ASU was playing and I wasn’t going to miss it. Besides, I’m not scared of my sister even if she does want to throw a bitch-fit. Em, I haven't been to a game in so long. We should go when they play in Seattle. I will bet anything that the devils kick some huskey ass."
I laughed. "I'd take that bet."
She smirked but there was some spark of sadness in her eyes. "Trust me on this one, Jacob, you wouldn't want to do that."
Something in the back of my head knew that she was right but I couldn't seem to remeber what it was.
She turned to the other human in the room. "Mmm, what smells so yummy?"
"Lasagna."
"Oh, sweet. Forget what I ever said about New Yorkers eating too much Italian food."
Liz started reaching a fork to the pan but Leah stopped her. "It's not for you. You need to be eating healthy so we've got some carrot sticks for you."
She stared at the stick Leah handed to her. "You're shitting me, right? I'm gonna need some, like, vodka or something to wash this down."
"Nope," Emma replied slyly. "You drinking, danger days are over. There is some ranch if you want."
Liz pouted and I couldn't help but smile. "Joy," she muttered sarcastically. She went to sit by me. "Hey, Jacob, you should give me some of that food."
"Don't you dare, Black," Blaike warned. "Lizzy's not eating any of that cheesy lasagna."
Lizzy stuck out her tongue. I saw that even when she was totally pissed, she was beautiful and I realized that I was thinking of her more and more.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, sadness. only two people commented on the last chapter :/ well, thanks to JustThinking and xoxogal404 for commenting!!