‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Deja Jealous

Wow, Rick hasn’t changed a bit. He’s still smokin’ hot but he’s also still a complete bastard. I flirted like in high school before I found out he was betting Mike Newton about who I would sleep with first. Rick was too easy to mess around with but I wanted to have a little bit of fun and not be caged up like the mature girl I’d become in the last few years.
“Ya never told me what happened with that kid? Is he the one that knocked you up?”
“What kid?” I purred just as Jacob and Daphney walked into the café. Well speak of the devil and the devil shall appear.
Their hands were linked together and they were looking at each other as they chose a table- one near Rick and me. My jaw snapped shut but I quickly turned my attention back to Rick. His brows furrowed as he glanced between Jacob and then back at me.
“Hey, isn’t that…?”
“Yeah, but forget about it. What we had is way over. Like, post-apocalypse over. It’s just us right now, ‘kay?”
“Sure,” he agreed at the same time Jacob noticed us sitting there.
Jake’s eyes narrowed dangerously at Rick but he didn’t really notice. Daphney tried to get his attention back but after several failed attempts she glanced over to see what he was so busy staring at. She glared daggers at me and I noticed that her nose was red. “What are you doing here?” she snapped.
I rolled my eyes. “I’m enjoying a coffee with a friend. Besides, I was here first.”
“Bitch,” she muttered.
I tried to bite my tongue but I couldn’t. “Don’t even start with me, Rudolf, or else I’ll give you a nice shiner to go with that nose.”
I didn’t notice that I was standing until Rick grabbed my hand and pulled me onto his lap. “Hey, forget it. Post-apocalypse, remember?”
I opened my mouth to argue but his lips crashed onto mine cutting off any argument. I sighed into the kiss for a moment before I was quickly yanked away like a ragdoll. “Ow, what the hell?”
Jacob was shaking like crazy and my eyes widened realizing what was about to happen. He left me, he had no right to get pissed when I kissed someone else. My knee came up between his legs. He winced slightly but at least he stopped shaking. I grabbed his upper arm and started pulling him toward the exit. “Follow me,” I hissed.

*Jacob's POV*
Daphney was in a bad mood so I took her out for some early morning coffee. I held her hand as we walked and she complained about Liz. I listened patiently, nodding occasionally but not really agreeing with anything that she was saying. Sure, I was still mad as hell that she’d punched my imprint, but I thought that she was pretty cool.
“All of your friends hate me because of her. I never did anything to her or any of them and they hate me. I don’t see why they’re all so protective of her. Elizabeth Swan is a big girl and I’m sure she can take care of herself. I don’t know why anyone would want to protect her anyway.”
A low growl built in my chest but I stopped it before she could hear. Somewhere in the back of my head I could hear Embry asking me the same question. My head became filled with her, with Lizzy. I could see her smiling, see her scared, see her pissed off. I felt protective of her, not Daphney.
We walked into the Coffee Hut in Forks and I ignored the strange feeling of protectiveness I was feeling for Lizzy. I tried to focus on my imprint but that lasted only until I turned to the left and saw Lizzy sitting there with someone else.
For some reason, I didn’t like seeing Lizzy with another guy. I felt Daphney lace her thin fingers with mine but I couldn’t focus on her at the moment. Too bad Daph’s more territorial than any wolf. “What are you doing here?” she snapped.
Lizzy simply rolled her eyes, not at all bothered by Daphney’s attitude. Well at least not bothered until she called her a bitch. Lizzy jumped up and it looked like she was about to punch Daphney again. The guy that she was with pulled her down onto his lap. That pissed me off but it was nothing compared to when he started kissing her.
I lost control. I pulled her away from him and could barely hold myself back from phasing. Then she kicked me. I blinked in shock but didn’t have time to dwell on the fact that she’d kick a wolf about to phase before she was dragging me out of the café.
“What the fuck is your problem? You have absolutely no right to do some shit like that. Dammit, Jacob, why can you go be with that slut but I can’t just kiss a guy? That’s not-”
Before I could stop myself I leaned into her and kissed her deeply. She moaned and wrapped her arms around me, pulling me closer. My arms snaked around her waist, pulling her up to me. I was so dead if Daphney found out.
I pulled back and rested my forehead against hers. “I think I’m falling in love with you,” I admitted.
She smiled. “Good,” she muttered between kisses, “because I’ve been in love with you for quite a while.”
♠ ♠ ♠
today was awesome! i got 8 comments. two chapters for you guys cuz they kinda go together. hope ya like. um, i've had a lot of people asking about what the baby's gonna be and i'm leaning strongly toward a girl... i won't update til next weekend so get the names in 'cuz i'm going to have you guys vote. thanks.
thank you for the comments: clearlyconfused, JustThinking, Disenchanted Lies. Nniikkii18, xoxogal404, ShadowArcher, bloodravyn, ducky17