‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Daphney Whinters

*JACOB'S POV*
What the hell was her problem? Lizzy's the one that always wanted to travel but we were stuck waiting for her to finish school. We could've gone around the world by now if she wasn't going to UNLV and I wouldn't still be working at the shop. I mean, I wasn’t complaining, but I was trying to do something nice and then she had to go all bitchy and throw it right back in my face. I loved Liz for than anything but sometimes she really just pissed me off.
I sighed and kept running through the desert. Living in the city, it had been a while since I'd been able to phase into a wolf and run so much. I reached Lake Mead in a matter of minutes. I phased back and just sat on the rocky shore of the lake in just my shorts and looked over the inky black water. Sometimes I missed La Push but I could never just leave Lizzy like that.
Liz should have been happy that I got the tickets. She's been working so hard lately and deserves a break. She shouldn't have gotten so pissed off at me. Why was she so mad anyway? I mean, Liz can get pissed but not that easily. Maybe something's wrong.
I got up and got ready to phase back so I could run home. I turned to make sure no one was around. I paused when I saw the girl standing behind me and staring at me. She had high cheekbones that made her cheeks look a little thin, long, light brown hair fell in waves down to her shoulders and her brown eyes were locked on me.
"Um, hello?"
"Hi," she breathed. "I'm Daphney Whinters. You look a little sour. Anything I can help you with?"
"Eh, no, I'm good," I answered.
"Is it trouble with the girl? I'm a good listener if you want." She was inching closer to me.
I took a step back. Vampires, I could handle easy, but creepy girls, no thanks. "I think I can figure it out, thanks."
"Well, if you're sure. She's really lucky to have you," she commented, her voice husky.
"Actually, you've got it backwards. I'm lucky to have her. She makes me whole."

*LIZZY'S POV*
Jacob had been gone for hours. It was almost midnight and he still wasn't back. I know that I had no right to get on his case like that but he still should've been home or at least called by now. UGH! Why is everything so difficult? Worrying like this is probably not something a pregnant woman should be doing.
Yuck, pregnant. I wasn’t sure if I liked that word. I was pregnant, pissed off at Jake, and the stupid werewolf in question wasn’t around for me to be mad at. This so wasn’t like Jacob, I was usually the one throwing temper tantrums.
I lay on the couch watching some mindless show but not really paying attention. The door creaked open. I turned swiftly. "Oh Jake I'm so- Who are you?" I demanded of the tall, pale woman with wavy brown hair.
"Jacob's new girlfriend."
I shot the girl a glare. "What the fuck do you think you're talking about? How did you get in here?"
"Look, Elizabeth, I'm just here to give back Jacob’s key. You see, he doesn’t want you anymore. Jacob's with me now. I’m his real imprint. You always knew that this would happen, Lizzy. He doesn't even remember who you are. It's funny how the mind represses horrible memories." Her full lips pulled to a smirk.
"Who the hell are you?"
"Daphney Whinters. Well, Daphney Black now." She held up the ring finger on her left hand. An elaborate diamond on a gold band that I would recognize anywhere shone in the light. "It was nice to meet you, Lizzy."
She was gone in a flash, leaving me staring wide-eyed at the space she’d just occupied. Only once in my life had I seen someone disappear like that. This stupid bitch was a witch and did something to my Jacob.
Tears flooded my eyes. I was crying so much I made myself sick and had to run to the bathroom to throw up.
Well this sucks!
♠ ♠ ♠
first of all: i am SOOO sorry that i couldn't update sooner but my sister had nationals for softball (which they WON!) so i haven't been near a computer since i hacked my bff's facebook on thursday.
second, i know that my chapters have been suckishly short, but i'm rewriting this one so hopefully they get better!
last but most important: thank you to my AMAZIN' commentors- JustThinking, PixieChick101, mischief managed (lol, love the name- mostly cuz I love those twins!), Ducky17 (I heart you twin!!), beachblondea