‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Speak Now

I was practically walking on air as I made my way back home. It was kinda late when I got there but I stayed quiet just in case anyone was still sleeping. I guess I didn’t have to worry about waking anyone because the living room was totally empty. I curled up on the sofa and took a notebook and pencil from the coffee table and started sketching. The drawing quickly transformed into Vegas and home.
“Hey, looks pretty good,” Bella said from behind me, making me jump a mile high.
“Shit,” I hissed. “Bella, you scared the crap outta me. Where is everybody?”
“In the kitchen eating breakfast. C’mon.”
My twin yanked me up and dragged me into the crowded kitchen. Emma immediately looked up and grinned widely at me. “Well, it’s about time you’re back. What happened to you? You’re all smiley. I don’t think you’ve ever been this smiley.”
“Oh? I didn’t even realize it.”
Rosalie’s eyes narrowed. “She’s right. What are you so happy about?”
I tried to control my features but my grin only grew wider. “Jacob kissed me.”
There were several screeches and wows. A house full of girls, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that they all started fussing over me kissing Jake. I let them have their moment of girlyness but even with my bitchy attitude I was on the verge of joining them.
After the moment passed, Erica bit her bottom lip. “Liz, I’m happy for you but I think there’s something you should know.”
Blaike’s head snapped toward the young witch. “Wait, what? I thought we weren’t going to tell her.”
The pit of my stomach dropped out. “Tell me what?”
Erica’s brown eyes dropped to the floor. “Well, while you were gone we were talking about that scent that Jacob never told you about. Blaike was able to pick it up and I think we know who it belongs to.”
“Yeah? Who?”
Bella shook her head. “Not here. We’re going home to talk to the rest of the family about it. I think the others need to know what’s going on.”
The drive over there was quick. The wolves and Emma went back to La Push so it was just the Cullen clan, Erica, and me at the white mansion but maybe that was for the best. I waited patiently for someone to explain what was going on but most everyone looked as confused as I was.
“Well,” Erica started, “Blaike was able to pick up the scent that no one else was able to get. We didn’t want to scare you but I think you should know. Lizzy, it was Daphney. She’s the one helping Jane.”
I gnawed the inside of my cheek like I always did when I was stressed or pissed. “Why doesn’t that surprise me?”
Edward’s forehead furrowed. “But didn’t you tell us that it was a scent Jacob didn’t recognize?”
I frowned. “Yeah, but she’s a witch so maybe she covered it somehow. If we all know that it’s Daphney, why can’t we just go kill her now?”
Alice grasped my shoulder to stop me. I glanced up and saw her eyes glazed over. When her gaze cleared she wouldn’t meet my eyes. “Alice, what did you see?” she kept her tiny hand on my shoulder but wouldn’t tell me anything. “Dammit, Alice, spit it out!” Still nothing. I turned my attention to my brother-in-law. Edward? I know that you saw it. Please just tell me because you’re freaking me out.”
“You won’t survive a fight with her. Daphney is just waiting to pick a fight with you but it won’t be much of one.”
My hands fluttered to my swelling stomach. If it was only my life at risk, I wouldn’t give going after her a second thought. Well shit.
I quickly dismissed myself to go sit at Edward’s gorgeous piano. My fingers slowly played along the ivory keys for a few minutes and I got lost in the gloomy melody I was playing. The quick vibrating of my phone shocked me back into reality.
“Hello?”
“Hey, Lizzy, we need to talk,” Jacob’s voice said from the other end.
“Yeah, yea. What about?”
“Well, us, sort of.” Whoa, déjà vu moment. I felt sick all of a sudden. Is this how Jake felt when I first broke up with him? “Look about what happened this morning, I’m sorry. It shouldn’t have happened.”
“Why not?” I scoffed.
“Because I’m with Daphney. Daphney’s my imprint.”
I gritted my teeth and a low growl started in the back of my throat. “Fuck, Jacob, you still don’t remember?”
“Remember what?”
“Me!” I shrieked. “You need to remember me! You’re the stupid guy that left me. You imprinted on me four fucking years ago! Daphney’s messin’ with your head, dumbass! Goddamn, you went all the way to Italy to save me from a vampire. How can you not remember any of it?”
The phone was ripped from my hand and snapped off. I looked up to see Erica staring at me with wide, horrified eyes. “What did you just do?” she whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
hiya peeps! so whats gonna happen next is kinda up to you so i need people to vote. you've got a couple of more chapters to vote so get 'em in!!
1st- baby (girl) names: Andrea “Drea”, Skyler, Analeigh, Delilah, Hailey, Juliet, Annabelle, Cecilia, Beth, Caroline, Natascha, Hanna, Veronica
2nd- possible sequel or quit while i'm... ahead? if i do write another it'd be from the daughter's pov featuring Alec, Jane's brother. yes? no?
anyway, thank you may amazing readers/ commentors: clearlyconfused, forbiddensecrets, ducky17, xoxogal404, JustThinking