‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Til Death

*Erica’s POV*
“Wh-what do you mean?” Lizzy stuttered.
My eyes softened. “Daphney doesn’t like it when people try to fix the mess she’s made. You trying to make Jacob remember could have some serious drawbacks. I’ve told you that Daphney is what we call a mentirosa, and those kinds of witches generally like to get what they want, especially if that causes chaos for others. She’s going to retaliate and I’m afraid you’re not going to like it.”
“I want her dead, Erica, I hate that she’s got so much power over my life.”
She burst into a round of tears and rested her head on my shoulder. I patted her back awkwardly, not exactly used to having to comfort anyone. After a while she found her way back to the piano but I could tell that she was still on the verge of another depression. She might not be able to kill Daphney but I could.
I snuck out quickly and drove the 15 miles to La Push going nearly 100 the whole way. I found her alone at First Beach pacing along the thin white sand and looking incredibly pissed. I tackled her to the ground.
A look of shock passed quickly over her features. "Well look who’s finally deciding to do the job her mother assigned her. Did you enjoy your time with the wolf cub?"
"Shut up."
Daphney smirked, "Is it my fault that you’d rather pay attention to that bay than to your charge? Maybe you should be fired."
"You are a traitor, Mentirosa. My mother did everything she could for you and you go and work with a vampire?"
"Ouch, that stung," she replied sarcastically. "Listen, kid, I only look after myself and working with Jane definitely has its benefits." She kicked me in the chest unexpectedly and I went flying into a tree. "Oh, poracita. Did that hurt?"
"You'll get yours soon, Puta. Just you wait."
She laughed. "Really? I'd love to see you try."
I kicked at her but she dodged it easily. I tried to land a hit on her but I kept missing. Daphney punched and kicked, getting me easily. I was breathing hard while she looked perfectly at ease. How had Daphney gotten so strong? I knew that she was no fighter so I was worried that she was actually beating me.
"You might want to tell your mother not to train witches that aren't in her line," Daphney suggested as she kicked me again. "That is, if you live long enough."
I felt myself getting weaker as the seconds ticked by. Daphney was stronger than me and if I didn't do something soon, she might actually win this fight. I pulled myself off the ground and leaned against a tree. "My mother would never teach you to fight like this; she’d only teach you to harness your powers better. Where’s Jane and why are you helping her?"
She walked up to me and grabbed my hair, pulling my head toward her. "Why would I tell you?" she hissed.
Daphney underestimated me and I took that opportunity to strike. I ripped a branch off the tree and shoved it in her chest adding a burst of power to strengthen the blow. Daphney stumbled backward away from me. "I'm sorry," I muttered as I gathered the last of my power to finish her off.
Before I could strike I felt a sharp, burning pain at my neck. I could feel the blood leaving me as I died.

*Daphney's POV*
"You let the fight get too close. You would've been dead had I not come along," Jane chided as she wiped her mouth clean of Erica's blood. "Blech. Witches tasted disgusting."
I yanked the branch from my chest and turned to face her. "I hope you're not expecting a 'thank you' because I don't give those."
"Of course you don't. I didn't come to save your scrawny ass anyway. You were planning on killing Elizabeth now." It wasn't a question.
"Jacob is starting to remember things," I defended. "I saw them this morning and he was kissing her and now she’s trying to make him remember, trying to break my spell. I want her out of the way now because I'm not going to lose him."
Jane giggled. "Silly girl. Even if he remembers and goes back to her, she'll be dead soon enough for you to get him back."
"They’re starting to figure it out. It's ov-" I argued.
"Who is he going to believe? You or them when he thinks you're his imprint?" she cut me off. "Just keep doing what I say and you'll get your little mutt back."
I nodded once. "What do we do with the body?" I asked motioning toward Erica's lifeless form.
"Leave it. We've got more pressing matters to deal with."

*Lizzy's POV*
I was in a bad mood when I got home. I’d tried to get a hold of Erica but she was nowhere to be found. Bella insisted that someone needed to stay at the house with me so she, Nessie, and Edward were with me. We sat watching TV and I drew for a while.
Then Seth came over. I answered the door and he walked in crying. I tensed and my face drained of color. "I found her. Lizzy, Erica's dead," he sobbed.
I froze. Dead? There was no way Erica could be dead. She was only eighteen and it would be all my fault if she was. "W-what do you mean?" I finally choked out.
"She was bitten. It was a vampire."
I couldn't breathe. My breath was coming in short gasps. "Lizzy, calm down. It's not your fault." Edward's voice was coming from far away. There was a buzz of conversation trying to get me to relax but it was nothing more than background noise.
"It was Jane. I know it was. Dammit, I'm gonna kill her."
"Lizzy, breath. Think of your baby."
"Don't act like my mother, Bella," I snapped. "I'm going to kill that bitch."
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm dead, i'm dead, i've died, i'm dead. how sad. oh well!! onto more pressing matters:
you've got a couple of more chapters to vote so get 'em in!!
1st- baby (girl) names: Andrea “Drea”, Skyler, Analeigh, Delilah, Hailey, Juliet, Annabelle, Cecilia, Beth, Caroline, Natascha, Hanna, Veronica
2nd- possible sequel or quit while i'm... ahead? if i do write another it'd be from the daughter's pov featuring Alec, Jane's brother. yes? no?
finally, thank yous! thanks commentors: ShadowArcher, JustThinking, Disenchanted Lies. Art_Flavor, xoxogal404, soccerlala i <3 u!