‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Enough

Trying to sneak away from a family of vampires is extremely difficult. Good thing that I was a pro at it. Dad was in the living room with Bella and her family so it wasn’t too hard to sneak out the window and into his police cruiser. I bit my cheek nervously for a second- I’d done a shitload of bad things in my life but stealing a police car went even beyond my limits. It’s for a good cause,] I silently reminded myself. I put it in neutral and let it roll silently down the block. At the end of the block I started the car and drove to La Push.
I drove down the highway with more speed than I meant but I was in a hurry to go the fifteen miles to La Push. I almost missed the turn down the nearly invisible driveway right on the edge of the border of the wolves’ territory. The tires squealed to a halt when I slammed the breaks.
Leah poked her head out the window on the second floor at the front of the house. "Lizzy? What the hell do you want?" she hissed.
“Come down,” I ordered.
She growled slightly under her breath but the front door was opening in no time. She slipped on some flip-flops and stepped into the porch light with Tony right behind her. “Killing Erica was the last straw. I’m done waiting around for Daphney to strike. This time, I’m taking the fight to her.”
Tony frowned. “Lizzy, that’s not a good idea. She can kill you easily.”
I met his gaze steadily. “Tony, do you remember in Italy how you showed me Jacob and Bella together? Do you remember how fucked up I was after?” He winced but nodded anyway. “Well no he’s with that bitch and it’s a million times worse. I would gladly take being stuck in Volterra with Victoria and Jace over seeing them together every day.”
The hybrid sighed. “Fine, you win. Just both of you please be careful.” He pulled me into a hug and gently kissed my forehead.
I turned to Leah who was still staring at me like I was crazy. "I need your help," I admitted. "Please?"
She glanced back into the house. "Fine. But you frickin' owe me big time." In a matter of seconds she was rushing out the front door to the cruiser. "I cannot believe you stole your dad's car," she muttered as I pulled a U-ie and zoomed down the drive.
"I'm sick and tired of Daphney and I'm going to bring her down if it kills me. But I need your help."
Leah looked at me with sad eyes. "Liz, as much as I agree with that, I'm not sure it's such a great idea. There's more than just your life at stake."
"Don't you think I don't fucking know that?" I snapped. "Leah, this has to end now before someone else gets hurt. What if they come after you, or Bella next? I don't think I could live with myself if anything else happened. It would be my fault and we both know that. Now where is she?"
"Lizzy," she sighed.
"I know it's selfish and the stupidest thing I've ever done. But please, Leah, don't try to talk me out of it, because you're not gonna."
She was silent for a long moment. "If she's not at Jacob’s then she’s probably at the beach. Liz, if that vamp chick is the one helping her then we’ll need more of the packs help for this one. I’d rather not get caught off guard against the Volturi if they’re as badass as you say."
I gave her a small smile. "Thank you. Erica was bitten by a vampire so it’s gotta be Jane. Don't worry, she’ll be there. She wants me dead just as much as Daphney does."
I parked the car at Emma’s. She didn't seem too happy that the pack was going up against such an important vampire and she seemed to like the idea of me going up against Daphney even less. Embry promised that he, Quil, Blaike, Seth, Leah and I would all come back, no matter what. I hugged her quickly then led the five wolves we'd gathered out the door.
We waited at First Beach as the sun started to set. The sun was starting to set but the atmosphere didn’t carry any of the romance you expect from movies but felt more like noon at the OK Corral. Everyone was anxious and I felt absolutely nauseous.
Leah let out a long howl at the full moon. It wasn’t long before Daphney should up with her eyes narrowed tightly at me. "What's going on here?" she asked haughtily.
I kept my gaze locked on her, not letting the terror gnawing in the pit of my stomach to show. "Where’s Jacob?”
She smiled evilly. “Oh, he’s taking a little nap. I had to recast my spell after you started trying to get into his head. Don’t worry, he’s fine for now.”
“Enough. This shit ends tonight"
She smirked. "If you insist, little Elizabeth."
Her eyes flickered to the trees to my left. My jaw clenched as Jane stepped out wearing the same smirk as Daphney.
My breath caught in my throat seeing both of them there- I mean, it was one thing to know that they were together but another entirely to see the two people that hated me most standing at attention ready to kill me. My hands instinctively fluttered to my swollen stomach in a protective fashion. Time seemed to stand still for a lifetime before my heart started hammering in my chest. After what seemed like forever I was able to suck in a breath of air.
"What do you want?" I demanded, my voice stronger than I felt.
Jane's childish laugh rang out. "Do you really have to ask that, Lizzy? I'm just in it for revenge."
"I'm just stealing your boyfriend," Daphney announced happily.
"Bitch," I mumbled, subconsciously taking a step forward. Blaike, who was still in her human form, grabbed my arm to stop me. Her wide, hazel eyes darted down to my belly and back up. I was six months along but still surprisingly small, probably due to the shit I’d been through lately. But, there was still a baby in there so I should probably not try to antagonize the vengeful vampire.
Jane laughed. "Oh, this is priceless. So not only do we get to kill you, but your unborn child as well. This is going to be so much fun."
"Not if we kill you first," Blaike snapped and Leah growled in agreement.
"I have score to settle here."
It was then that something strange hit me. "Wait a minute. Where's the rest of the Volturi? I'm sure they hate me as much as you do. I was Aro's, what? fourth prize that got away?"
Jane went positively livid. "Thanks to you, I am no longer a part of the Volturi because it was my fault you got away."
I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing. "Are you shitting me? You got outsmarted by a human and they kicked you out? I guess you're not as important as you thought."
Her face was furious. "Let's see who gets the last laugh," she sneered.
Jane's eyes narrowed and went hard. I could feel the pain in my head that made it feel like it would explode. I fell to the ground and it took me a minute to realize the screaming was coming from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
myeh, not my favorite chapter but hopefully y'all likes it
you've got a couple of more chapters to vote so get 'em in!!
1st- baby (girl) names: Andrea “Drea”, Skyler, Analeigh, Delilah, Hailey, Juliet, Annabelle, Cecilia, Beth, Caroline, Natascha, Hanna, Veronica
2nd- possible sequel or quit while i'm... ahead? if i do write another it'd be from the daughter's pov featuring Alec, Jane's brother. yes? no?
thank you my lovely readers/ commentors. forbiddensecrets, ducky17, xoxogal404, ShadowArcher, JustThinking
ps: twin, you were already part of my stories. lizzy's middle name is margaret, memmer? lol