‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

My Pleasure

*Bell's POV*
My head suddenly started pounding. "Lizzy," I gasped out. "Something's wrong with Lizzy."
"Bella? Bella, love, what's wrong?" Edward asked worriedly.
"I have a headache. I think that Jane's using her powers on Lizzy,” I explained as we raced up the steps to her bedroom. I should have guessed that it would be empty. Dammit, how did I miss her leaving? “Edward, we have to go find her."
"My best guess would be La Push and we still can't go there."
There was a slight knock on the door before Alice waltzed in. She frowned at me and then peeked into the empty bedroom. “She vanished? I can see you going to La Push but she’s already waiting for you there. I don’t know for sure, but I think if you go then it would be bad for Liz,” Alice said. Her eyes glazed over and I could see the concentration on her face as she searched for something that wasn't there. She could see what would happen to me if I went to La Push but my twin was like a ghost in her vision.
"I can go," Nessie added suddenly. "I'm only half so I’m allowed on Quileute land. Let me go find Aunt Lizzy."
"No," I snapped automatically. "I don't want you anywhere near Jane. Or Daphney, for that matter."
"Mom, please. We can't let anything happen to Aunt Lizzy and her baby and I'm the only one that can help. Please?"
I played nervously with my fingers. "Ness, I don't think that's a good idea."
"Mom, I can do it. I'll be fine, I promise."
Alice frowned in concentration. “Well crap, it all just disappeared. I was seeing things earlier so that means that Nessie’s going to find Lizzy.”
My headache got worse and I had to drop onto my sister’s bed. I didn’t want to risk my daughter but my sister needed help and it looked like Reneesme might really be the only one that would be able to save her.
“Be careful,” I mumbled.
Nessie grinned widely and was gone before I could even say anything. Edward glanced between the open door and me. “I’ll be okay. It’s Liz that I’m worried about right now.”
Oh, god, please let her be alright.

*Nessie's POV*
I raced along the border line trying to pick up some sign of where my aunt might be. I crossed near the beach at a spot where the salty spray wouldn’t mess up my smell and started running toward Jacob's house. I was running through the thick woods when caught Lizzy's scent and took a sharp beeline towards it. It was mixed with the scent of wolves, a vampire, and another bitter smell I didn't recognize.
I followed the smells all the way to the beach where I could see half the pack faced off against what looked like only one vampire. "Reneesme," Blaike called out to me. She and Leah looked to be the only ones that weren't part of the strangely evenly matched fight. Blaike was human and Leah was a wolf but she seemed ready to handle whatever came at her. I rushed over to her and found Lizzy huddled behind Leah on the ground and clutching her head like Mom had been doing when I left. "Jane did it."
I bent down to her level and my cool fingers traced her temple. “Aunt Liz, you need to try to focus on Mom. She should be able to shield you.”
Lizzy shook her head but it looked like the slight motion caused her pain. “No, she’s too far. I’m on my own with this one. It’s my fault. I just want this all to end. I’m so fucking stupid!”
I scooped Lizzy up in my arms and started running back to the treaty line; if proximity was what she needed than I would get her as close to my mom as possible. I could hear running footsteps behind me as I went. Something grabbed me from behind and fell, dropping Lizzy. I twisted around to see Daphney's smirking face. Lizzy sat up and rubbed her head.
"Fuck, that shit hurt," she grumbled. Her gaze zeroed in on Daphney and her voice went icy. "Leave my niece alone.” At least she seemed better than before.
Daphney smirked. “This is cute. You’re having your niece babysit you.”
“ Nessie, go back home."
"But-" I protested.
"Nessie, now," she ordered. "Leave this bitch to me."
Daphney's smirk widened. "It'll be my pleasure."

*Lizzy's POV*
Nessie finally left with one last glance my way and unsure look across her face. The pleasure on Daphney's face when I was left defenseless was evident. "That probably wasn't your best idea, sending the hybrid away. But then again, when have you ever had a good idea?"
"Oh aren't you funny," I said dryly. "Why are you here and not helping your only friend from getting torn to bits? I thought you were heartless before but this is low even by those standards."
She chuckled. "Oh I don't care about Jane. I only helped her so that I could get more power. Now that I have it, and soon Jacob too, I don't need her anymore."
"Oh god, I didn't think it was possible for anyone to be worse than Jane."
"Enough banter, it's time to kill you now."
She used a sudden burst of her magic to send me flying backwards. Her hackling echoed through the forest. "It's my pleasure to get to kill you."
She sent another wave of power at me and my heart started pounding.
♠ ♠ ♠
today kinda just sucked... my college lost its rival game at like the last second which ruined everything and only 2 people commented :( thank you to my commentors: xoxgal404 and JustThinking.... this one's for you guys
anyway, you've got like one more chapter to vote (which'll prolly be posted next weekend) so get 'em in!!
1st- baby (girl) names: Andrea “Drea”, Skyler, Analeigh, Delilah, Hailey, Juliet, Annabelle, Cecilia, Beth, Caroline, Natascha, Hanna, Veronica
2nd- possible sequel or quit while i'm... ahead? if i do write another it'd be from the daughter's pov featuring Alec, Jane's brother. yes? no?