‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Confession

The waterworks that I'd been trying to hold in spilled out. "Jacob's gone. We got into a fight yesterday and he ran off. Jake never came home last night but some chick came and told me they were married."
"And you believed her?" Rosalie scoffed.
"She had the ring. The one Jake picked for our wedding."
"What was the fight about?"
I blushed a little. "Well, uh, he got us tickets to go on a cruise in seven months for our honeymoon. I got mad because he didn't even ask me about it. He sort of just assumed."
"Are you kidding me?!" they both nearly screamed. "You got mad 'cause he didn't something nice?"
"It was hormones," I mumbled.
"Hormones? You mean...?"
"Yeah, Leah. I'm pregnant."
"And Jacob still left?" She was shaking like crazy now. I could tell that she wanted to murder Jacob. Which, considering how mad I was, might not have been the worse idea.
"Well, I just found out yesterday and I was going to tell him but then we had that fight and he sort of doesn't know yet," I admitted.
Leah stopped shaking and gave me a confused look. "You haven't told him?"
"Well I was going to but he never came home. And then that stupid bitch came and told me that they'd gotten married right before she vanished."
"Wait," Leah said suddenly, "was she a tall bitch named Daphney Whinters?"
"Yes."
"They're in La Push. They showed up early this morning and Jacob looks like a love sick puppy. It's disgusting. No one even knows who the hell she is but the two of them act like he imprinted on her. Damn slut."
I ran a hand through my black hair. "It doesn't even matter anymore. If he wants her then he can have her. I'm not going to be like Bella when Edward left her. I'm too independent for that. I didn’t even want to be with Jacob to begin with so it’s better this way."
"Lizzy, he imprinted on you , not her. Jacob loves you."
I shook my head and my hand fluttered to my stomach. "I don't even care anymore," I lied. "I'm just worried for my baby. I don't want it to grow up without a father."
"Come with me," Leah said. "We're going to La Push."
“No,” I said stubbornly. “The only reason I even came back to Forks was because Bella made me and I don’t feel like being coerced twice in one day.”
“Wow, look at you using big words,” Rosalie said sarcastically. “Look, Liz, I don’t really care for the mutt but you do love him, no matter how much you deny it. Go with Leah to La Push.”
“Bit me.”
“Don’t tempt me,” she muttered darkly. “Liz, it’s time for you to grow up, put on your big girl panties, and go fix this.”
I turned quickly to walk back into the mansion. Too bad I was only human and both girls were much faster than me. They stood in front of me with arms crossed and eyes narrowed dangerously. They mirrored every move I made to get around them. I finally just sat on the ground like a sulking child.
“C’mon, Lizzy, stop acting like this.”
“You can both just kiss my ass. Why won’t either of you just leave me the fuck alone?”
Leah grinned. “Because we’re your best friends. Now, if you don’t get up and come with me, we’ll just have to make Bella drag you kicking and screaming to La Push’s border. We all know that you’ll listen to her but I don’t want to have to resort to that.”
I glared up at them both. “Fine, I’ll go but I don’t want to see Jacob. I’ll go hang out with everyone else at the beach but things are going to get very awkward if either Jake or Daphney shows up. And you have to promise not to leave me if they come.”
“Fine, whatever. Let’s just go now.”
I sighed. "Hold on. I think that Erica should go with us just in case Jane shows up. Although, with how I’m feeling right now, that might not be the worst thing in the world."
Leah rolled her beautiful brown eyes. “You’re an idiot, Lizzy. Let’s get going before you change your mind. Go get your magical bodyguard. Rosalie, I’ll see you later. Can you guys tell Tony that I’m taking the car?”
Rosalie and I walked into the huge white house on the edge of the river and I quickly said that I was going to spend the day at First Beach with Leah. I invited Erica to go and she immediately agreed; I think it was because she wasn’t totally comfortable in a house full of vampires. Bella pursed her lips for a moment but let me go without much protest.
In a matter of a few minutes, the three of us were racing down the road toward the Quileute's land.
♠ ♠ ♠
random thought: so doing riddles and playing scattergories with drunkards is pretty funny... and i have a riddle for you- some months have 31 days; some have 30 days... how many months have 28?
anyway, onto the thank you's. thank you to my awesome readers, especially those of you that comment. life’s_life, PixieChick101, xoxogal404, JustThinking, ducky17.... love you!