‹ Prequel: There and Back
Sequel: Better Than Revenge
Status: total rewrite, but i will post with 5 commentors!

Memory Lapse

Jacob

The closer we got to La Push, the more nervous I felt until I felt like I was going to barf. Leah tried comforting me by saying that the entire pack would be so glad to see me. I wasn't so sure and started chewing on the inside of my cheek.
Leah parked by the beach and we had to clamber over rocks to the thin line of sand. The bonfire was already in full swing by the time we arrived and my stomach clenched in tight knots at all the people. Leah’s reassurance was almost right- most of the wolves and imprints were excited to see me. Emma, my best friend from when I still lived in Phoenix, knocked me to the ground when she saw me. The only one that wasn't there to say hi to me was Jacob. I saw him sitting with that slut on his lap. UGH! Gag!

*jacob's pov*
"Sorry about all of them, Daphney," I apologized. "Leah hates everyone but that doesn't give the rest of the pack the right to be rude."
"It's okay, Jacob," she cooed. "I just want to be with you so I really don't care what they think."
Daphney was sitting on my lap and smiling at me. We were at First Beach with the pack but they were all trying to ignore my imprint. Even Seth was being a jerk to her.
"Hey everyone, guess who I found," Leah called out.
Daphney groaned so I caught her lips with mine. When we pulled away I saw that Leah was actually smiling, which was strange in itself. She was with two other girls, one of which looked a lot like Bella. It seemed like most of the pack was gravitating toward the trio and even I couldn't peel my eyes off the Bella-look-alike. She was older than Bella with darker hair and gave off the sense that she could eat you and spit you back out without a second thought.
"Hey, Jake, Lizzy's here," Embry yelled to me. Embry's imprint, Emma, had tackled the girl to the ground in a hug and the two were soon rolling in a fit of laughter. Daphney caught sight of them and stiffened.
"What's wrong?" I asked, kissing her cheek.
"Nothing," she answered quickly. "There's just something about that girl that I don't like. Maybe we should get going."
I tried to convince her to stay but she was adamant about leaving. After five minutes of arguing, she got her way. I started to get up and walked with Daphney to say good-bye to my dad. Someone was talking with him but their back was toward me so I couldn't see who it was.
"This is Erica,” a girl’s voice was saying nonchalantly, “she's like my bodyguard if crazy vampire bitches come after me. I'm pretty sure that Jane from still wants nothing more than to kill me. It’s always fun to piss her off but I’m not really sure that I want her to actually get me." Billy laughed with the girl with the melodic voice. Her voice had me stunned.
“It’s nice to meet you, Erica,” my dad said to the smaller girl. "So where are you two going to be staying? With the Cullens?"
"I actually haven't thought that far ahead. Bella dragged my ass here this morning but I'll probably be staying with my dad."
"Charlie has been missing you."
"Hey, dad, we're going to get going," I interrupted.
The girl turned and froze. The smile she'd had fell and her eyes darted frantically between me and Daphney. Her cold gaze hardened when it met Daphney's and her eyes narrowed.
"Jacob, at least say hello to Lizzy."
"We've met," Lizzy said curtly. "Lizzy Swan, Bella's twin. I pushed you in the ocean when we were kids because you were being an ass and throwing mud at me and my sister."
"Are you always so blunt?" Daphney snapped.
"Most of the time," Lizzy answered tightly, her cool glare fixed on Daphney.
I started laughing when the memory hit. "Yeah, you and my sisters were making mud pies, right?"
Lizzy turned to me with a soft smile playing on her lips. "Yeah. You were quite the little shit, you know."
"Here's an idea," Billy said, "why don't you two girls come to our place for dinner and we'll call Charlie."
Lizzy turned to her friend, Erica, and then shrugged. "Sounds good to me. I'm starving and I’m getting really tired of being kidnapped."
"You know you wanted to come!" Leah yelled from by the food table. "You just love me."
Lizzy chuckled and yelled back, "Yeah, yeah. Think whatever you want, bitch." Leah actually laughed at that.
"It's settled," my dad said excitedly. "Jake, you two can go ahead and I'll call Charlie. We'll meet you there in a little bit."
"Jacob," Daphney whined when we were alone, "I don't think this is a good idea. I told you that I thought there was something wrong with that girl."
"Daph, it'll be fine. She's Bella's sister so she can't be that bad."
"Isn't Isabella a vampire?"
"Yeah, but she's still my best friend. Just relax."
I captured her lips when she was about to protest. Daphney was my imprint and I loved her but sometimes she talked too much.
♠ ♠ ♠
woo-hoo! i love comments! well, nothing else to say today.
thanks to: xoxogal404, lifes_life, Art_Flavor, beachbblondea, JustThinking, PixieChick101