Something Pretty

a friendship snafu

- May 10th 2012 -

Okay so I have this friend who had been bothering me to play Runescape for months, to which I always said because it had never been my thing. Finally, about two weeks ago, they bribed me to go on with 10 Habbo coins. I accepted and made an account. I spent 2 hours trying to figure it out and get out of the training mode. Finally I just gave up for the night.

Then, in the days that followed, my friend kept pestering me to go on. But it was always at bad times. I'd either be making lesson plans for Herbology, watching my shows irl, eating, or be wrapped in something else entirely. I kept saying I'd go on, which I planned to do because, well, they had given me 10c after all, but everytime they asked it just put me more and more off, until finally they started saying that I HAD to because the paid me. And while that was technically true, it was the tone and the way they said it that pissed me off. But I didn't say anything.

Finally, last night I was in their new room, and I asked for rights, and they said "Why should I you haven't even come on RS yet." And I got annoyed and snapped, saying that I was never going to go on because it was a shitty game with graphics that made my eyes hurt. Because honestly, them bothering me had started leaking into every. single. damn. conversation. we. had. It was just so tiresome. So they bitched me out via IM, to which I ignored.

Today I tried talking to them, trying to... I don't know. Mend the argument, and I asked "What's up?" To which they said "I'm RS with **** because they actually go on." To which I said "Don't even start." And they said "Why not?!" So I said that I had enough and that this was fucking ending. I went on Habbo, bought a damn gold coin (Which now makes it impossible for me to renew my VIP in 3 days) and tried to give it to them as a re-payment so all the stupid Runescape drama could end.

Lol this is where it just gets fucking dumb. APPARENTLY, I'M RUDE BECAUSE I GOT THEM A GOLD COIN INSTEAD OF 10 BRONZE COINS EVEN THOUGH IT WOULD HAVE COST ME 10 EXTRA COINS BECAUSE OF THE EXCHANGE TAX. YES. I'M RUDE FOR THAT, AND FOR SAYING EXACTLY THAT WHEN THEY BROUGHT IT UP. Fucking hell. End of story, they took the gold coin and I just left. Finally free.