Status: Completed on December 16, 2011

Someone Like You

Anger Problems

The following morning, Kiowa walked into the guest bedroom that he and Calli were staying at in Taylor’s home. She was fast asleep on her stomach with her face buried in the pillow. Her back slowly moved up and down as she was in her deep slumber. Calli had a hard time adjusting her sleep schedule since she was feeling a bit jet lagged. While he was sleeping, Calli was up waching TV.

Kiowa decided that it was about time go wake her up or else she'd be sleeping the whole day. He sat down at the edge of the bed as he held a hot cup of coffee. He placed his hand on her back and shook her lightly as she tried to gently wake her up. She only stirred in her sleep.

He touched her shoulder and shook her a little harder this time. “Calli, you need to wake up. Taylor made some coffee for you.”

Her eyes slowly fluttered open as she let out a whine, not wanted to wake up. When the scent of the coffee hit her nose, she felt herself wake up more. She rolled over in bed so she could sit up and take the hot beverage.

“Thanks,” she yawned before taking a sip. “Hey, I need to talk to you about last night,” she said seriously, “you were too convincing.”

He gave her a smirk as he watched her push her messy hair out of her face. “Didn't you say that I had to do whatever it took for him to be convinced that we were a couple?"

"Like I said, too convincing," she rolled her eyes lazily.

Kiowa walked over to his bag on the floor that laid on her side of the bed. He unzipped it and pulled out a fresh pair of clothes. “I’m going to go shower. I just came back from a jog.”

Calli scrunched up her nose. “That’s what that smell is. “Don’t take too long. I have to shower too.”

Kiowa gave her a devilish smile, “you want to shower together then?” Calli glared at him which just made him chuckle. "Taylor said she wanted to talk to you, by the way."

"Thanks," Calli yawned. She got out of bed and went downstairs with her coffee. Taylor was browsing through a magazine at the kitchen table. Calli sat across from her and yawned again.

"Look who's finally up," Taylor smiled. "What are you plans for today?"

She shrugged as she drank her coffee, "I'm not sure yet. I'm probably going to show Kiowa around. What about you?"

"I'm meeting up with Ryan for brunch. He's probably going to be talking to me about you," Taylor sighed.

Calli just laughed. "What about me?"

"I have no idea. He was so grumpy yesterday," Taylor rolled her eyes. "How long are you and Kiowa going to pretend you're together?"

Calli looked down at the mug in her hand. She felt ashamed for doing this but she felt like she had her own reasons. “Probably until we leave.”

"Why are you guys even doing it? Do you still have feelings for Ryan and you're just trying to make him jealous or something?" Taylor questioned seriously.

"No, of course not! I just figured Ryan would have a girlfriend,” she mumbled, “I didn't want to seem lonely.”

Taylor scoffed at the thought of Lauren. "Listen, Lauren is not his girlfriend. Ryan is not serious about her at all. Ever since you guys broke up the longest relationship he's been in was only three months." Calli laughed at the way Taylor was acting. She was normally a person who loved everybody, so if Taylor hated someone you knew that it was serious. “I hate to leave, but I have to get going.”

Calli hugged Taylor before she left. She grabbed the magazine Taylor was previously looked at and browsed through it herself as she tried waking up. Ten minutes later, Kiowa came down from his shower and sat across from her. He took the magazine and looked at the headline. It was a gossip magazine, so he just ignored it.

“So, what are we doing today? I’m hungry,” Kiowa said as he ruffled his wet hair.

"You're always hungry.” Calli laughed, “I'll go get ready now so we can go and get something to eat before we head out."

Kiowa called out after her, “let me know if you need help in the shower!”

Calli rolled her eyes and didn't say anything. She couldn't always come up with a good comeback so she just decided to shut up instead of saying something stupid. She went upstairs to go and shower. She took a little longer than she expected to pick out an outfit and didn’t care if Kiowa was bored as he waited for her. After she settled on an outfit, she got dressed and headed downstairs.

“You ready to go?” She asked as she put on her sandals.

Kiowa nodded and followed Calli out the door. They walked over to Calli’s favorite breakfast spot that she and Taylor used to go to all the time. Kiowa was talking the whole time, making her laugh the whole way over. She almost fell over from laughing so hard. That's why she loved him; they never had a dull moment together.

"Okay, so tell me," he said, putting his coffee mug down. "What's going on with Ryan?"

Calli let out a groan as she tossed her head back. She didn’t feel like talking about him since she just had this conversation with Taylor. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she shrugged.

"He looked like he wanted to kill me yesterday when you sat in my lap," he smirked.

"Just ignore him," she said as she stirred her orange juice with her straw. "There's nothing going on between us."

He thought for a moment before saying, "You know, I think he likes you. I mean who gets jealous like that after four years? Maybe he’s even in love with you.”

"Please tell me you're kidding!” Calli scoffed, “Look at Lauren and look at me. We're completely opposite from each other. Ryan goes after girls like her, not me.”

Kiowa was already tired of her stubbornness and it was only the morning. “You guys dating for over a year. I heard him and Lauren have only been dating for a month or so. I’m pretty sure that he likes you more. Besides, that girl is too skinny.”

Calli laughed, "You’re mean."

He shrugged, "I don't care. I mean, I was talking to her and she's pretty dumb. You're smart and you don't look like you starve yourself. I don't get why he dumped you in the first place. Then again it's a bonus for me."

“How is this a bonus for you?” Calli was afraid to hear the answer.

Kiowa leaned back into his chair and said, "I get to kiss and touch you in front of him and I know it's pissing him off. It's making him jealous no matter how much he denies it. I also know that you like him back as well."

Her eyes widened. "What? No I don't."

" Yes you do," he mocked her tone. "There's a reason why I'm your best friend, Cal. I know these things."

"Ki, you don't know what the hell you're talking about." Calli objected. She grabbed her orange juice and took a sip of it as he gave her one of those, "you're kidding me, right?" looks. "Don't give me that look. You really don't know what you're talking about."

Kiowa had never seen her so stubborn before. It was a miracle that he hadn’t killed her yet. “I think I do know. I saw how jealous you got when you saw them together.”

"Would you just stop?" She laughed, "You’re wrong."

"Whatever, I know I'm right. You just don't want to admit it because you're afraid of getting hurt again, aren't you?" He asked. She didn't say anything. Instead, she kept her eyes focused on the table. "One point for Kiowa, zero for Calli!"

----------


For the rest of the day, Calli showed Kiowa some of her favorite spots that she used to love going to while she lived in California. He had been to the area few times, but it was only because of the Twilight movie premiers. He wasn’t able to enjoy a nice sunny day out like today.

Calli showed him the park she used to go to as a child, her favorite ice cream shop, and even the board walk. Kiowa had even won her a stuffed animal, which took him almost half an hour to do. They had spent the rest of the day eating cotton candy, funnel cake, and many more indulgences one would eat. After a long day out, they returned to Taylor’s home.

"There you guys are!" Taylor smiled, "I see someone went to the boardwalk."

Calli had a stuffed yellow elephant in her arms while Kiowa munched on the rest of the cotton candy. "Yeah, he's never been in this area before so I figured I'd show him around," she shrugged.

"Well it's a good thing you guys came. We're all going to the beach to hang out, you wanna come?" Taylor asked.

"We'd love to," Calli jumped up and down in excitement, "I haven't been to a beach here in such a long time!" She grabbed Kiowa's hand and ran up the stairs so they could change into their bathing suits. She tossed her elephant on the bed and went through her suitcase to get her bathing suit.

"Someone's a little too excited," he laughed. She chose to ignore his comment and went into the bathroom to change. He grabbed his own trunks and changed in the bedroom. He threw on the shirt he was wearing earlier as he waited for Calli to get out of the bathroom. He turned around when he heard the door open. "Dear lord, you should wear that more often."

Calli rolled her eyes. “Shut up, Ki.” She slipped on the dress that she wearing earlier to cover up her bathing suit. She packed a few extra clothes in case in a bag, along with Kiowa's things.

Kiowa and Calli went back downstairs to meet up with Taylor and the three of them headed to the beach. By the time they got there, Casey already started up a fire and was sitting around it with April as Tony, Shane, and Ryan were surfing. Calli smiled not seeing Lauren around.

"Where do you think you're going?" Taylor asked Calli. She pointed to the water and thought it was a stupid question that she had just asked. "You need sunblock!"

"Tay, it's almost six and the sun is practically gone," Calli whined. “Why do I need sunblock?”

"Put it on," Taylor ordered, "you'll thank me when you won't have skin cancer when you're older." Taylor smiled in accomplishment as Calli walked back over to get the sun screen.

She lathered the sunscreen on her arms, legs, and stomach area. But she had to ask Kiowa to put it on her back, which he had no problem doing. Ryan looked over from the water and froze when he saw Calli.

"Ry, what's wrong?" Tony asked.

Ryan didn't answer. He was too busy watching Kiowa touch Calli all over. His hands went all over her curves, rubbing the lotion into her body. He would touch her bottom a few times and she would always push his hands away. He was too busy being jealous to notice that she was laughing and smiling.

He swam to the shore and ignored Tony and Shane as they called out for him. They quickly swam after him, afraid of what Ryan was going to do. Once Ryan got to the shore, he threw his board to the side before Shane did the same.

"Ryan," Shane got in his face, "calm down!"

"Yeah dude, they go out. He's allowed to do that," Tony mumbled. "Why are you mad?"

He shrugged, "I don't know."

"You need to calm down, you can't snap at him like that," Shane rubbed the water off his face as he spoke to Ryan. "Just ignore him, alright?"

Ryan just nodded as Tony patted his back. "How about we get some grub?"

"Sure," Ryan nodded.

Ryan picked up his board and hoped that he didn’t damage it too bad. He carefully placed it in the sand so it would stand up right as Shane did the sam. They took off their body suits and sat by the fire in their swim trunks. Taylor and April decided to join Calli and Kiowa in the water as the other guys ate.

He tried to enjoy his burger and not pay attention to all of the laughter he heard from the water. Every time he looked over Kiowa was always touching Calli in some way. He couldn't stand it, but there was nothing he could do about it.

"Ry if you keep staring at him like that you're going to burn a hole through him," Casey laughed.

"Maybe that's what he wants to do," Shane smiled, "ain't that right?"

Ryan ignored the two of them as he continued to stare at Calli and Kiowa. Everyone felt uncomfortable being around Ryan and his attitude.

"Here buddy, drink this, you'll feel better." Tony said handing him a beer.

Ryan normally didn't drink so much, but tonight he felt like he had to. He took the beer and began to drink it. He tried not to drink in front of Shane, even though he was only a few years younger, he still felt like he should be a role model for his brothers. He felt like he needed the beer just to take the edge off of things. He hoped that he would be more relaxed once the alcohol got into his system.

"What's with you, man?" Casey asked, "Taylor told me you've been acting weird."

Ryan just shrugged in response. Casey rolled his eyes already getting tired of Ryan attitude. He already knew this night wasn't going to end well, especially since Ryan already grabbed his second beer.

"Well someone has some anger issues," Tony mumbled quietly, "Tonight is going to be so awesome."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this one isn't that good, but trust me, the next one will be.