Status: Completed on December 16, 2011

Someone Like You

The One

"I hate him so bad," Ryan whispered to Tony as he leaned on him. "Why is he here?"

"Ew god, your breath smells like alcohol.” Tony waved his hand in front of his face to get rid of the smell. “He’s Calli's boyfriend, remember?" Tony sighed, "No more beer for you."

Ryan rolled his eyes, "I'm not even bad when I'm drunk."

"Yes I know but once you get mad there's no stopping you." Tony said seriously, hoping that Ryan wouldn’t be too much trouble that night.

Ryan sighed, knowing that his friend was right. He got up from his seat and went to the cooler to grab some water to drink to sober up a bit. The cooler was on the table that the beach provided. And next to the cooler were Calli and Kiowa.

"Stop touching me there," Calli glared.

"Oh come on, I'm not even doing anything bad!" Kiowa ignored the dirty look he was getting from both Calli and Ryan.

Calli groaned as she pushed Kiowa’s hand away again. “Please, just stop.”

"Do we have a problem here?" Ryan asked, stepping closer to them.

Calli looked over and saw how close Ryan was. He looked a little drunk but she couldn't really tell since it was a little dark out and the fire that they built was a few feet away. "We're fine, Ryan. We were just messing around." She said with a sigh.

Ryan glared up at Kiowa. He didn't feel like arguing with Ryan because he knew he was drunk. But Ryan didn’t care. “Are you sure about that?”

"You heard her. She said we were fine," Kiowa sternly spoke.

"I heard what she said! It doesn't sound like she's fine," Ryan's cocky attitude began coming out.

"Well she is. She's my girlfriend and I would know if she's really fine or not," Kiowa began glaring himself.

Ryan smirked, "she was my girlfriend before yours."

"Dude, that was over four years ago," Kiowa got off from the bench and walked over to Ryan. "Get over it, she's with me now."

"What are you gonna do?" Ryan's words began to slur a little. "You gonna get your movie star friends and beat me up?"

Calli ran over and shoved herself in between Kiowa and Ryan. "You guys are kidding me, right? Back away from each other and stop acting like assholes!"

Kiowa stayed where he was and continued to glare at Ryan. Ryan backed up a few inches and noticed Kiowa didn't move. "Didn't you hear her? She said back up. Oh wait! You don't know how to listen to her!"

Kiowa shoved passed Calli and got in Ryan's face. "What the hell is your problem?"

"You," Ryan spat.

Before Calli or Kiowa could even do or say anything, Ryan's hand tightened into a fist and punched Kiowa in the face. Kiowa fell on the sand with his nose bleeding. Calli ran over to him and crouched down to check if he was okay. He quickly got up and tackled a drunken Ryan to the floor. He only punched Ryan in the face once before Casey and Tony pulled him off of Ryan.

"Oh my god your nose," Calli quickly grabbed something from her bag and ordered Kiowa to sit down. She pressed the shirt to his nose, making him wince a little in pain. She tilted his head back as she glared over at Ryan. "What the hell is your problem Ryan?"

"Why are you mad at me? I was trying to stick up for you!" Ryan yelled. Taylor walked over with ice in her hand from the cooler. She pressed it to his eye but he shoved it away. "You were yelling at him and now you're all okay with it?"

"I wasn't even yelling, Ryan! That's just how Kiowa and I mess around with each other! There's no reason for you to act like an asshole!" Calli spat before turning her attention back to her injured friend. "I think you should go to the hospital, just in case."

"I'll be fine," Kiowa shrugged. "It feels fine to me, just bloody."

"Come on, I'll take you guys home." Taylor said grabbing her things.

Calli gave Kiowa a new shirt to press up against his nose. She helped him walk to Taylor's car as everyone else just decided to go home for the night as well. Tony told Shane that he would take him home while Casey took care of Ryan.

"You were way out of line tonight. You can't get in their business. You aren't dating her anymore!" Casey sighed. "What the hell is wrong with you? You've been acting like an ass ever since she got here yesterday. Oh and don't say "I don't know" because I know you know."

Ryan stayed quiet as they walked over to the car. He slumped into his seat and looked out of the window. "I really don't know what's going on. I've been so jealous and angry these past two days and I don’t know why.”

"I think you still like her," Casey said quietly. "We all think that, even Shane. Calli is the only one that doesn't think that though."

Ryan looked over at Casey and could only see him through one eye. "So you're telling me Kiowa things I like her too?”

"Duh," he rolled his eyes.

Ryan rubbed his good eye as Casey pulled into the driveway of the home they shared. When they got into the house, Ryan got an ice pack and pressed it to his eye.

He winced, “I gotta admit, he hits pretty hard.”

"He has like four inches on you, dude," Casey laughed. "He fucked your eye up, I can tell from a mile away. But you did mess up his nose pretty bad."

"I did, didn't I?" Ryan smiled, feeling a little better about the whole situation.

“Yeah, but that line that you used about his movie star friends was so lame,” Casey laughed harder.

Ryan laughed back, “shut the hell up! I was drunk! It was the best thing I could think of!”

Casey smiled, "Getting back to a serious note, I think you need to get your head straightened out before you guys do anymore damage. And don't do that whole trying to make her jealous thing they do on TV."

“What jealous thing?” Ryan glanced up at Casey.

Casey leaned back into the kitchen chair. “Where you and Lauren act like the perfect couple in front of Calli. This is real life and Calli isn’t one of those dumb girls that would fall for that crap.”

Ryan didn’t know how to respond to what Casey had to say. Instead, he silently got up and grabbed something to eat before going up to his room. He flicked the lights on in his bathroom and removed the ice from his eye. No matter how much he wanted to deny it, Kiowa really did get him good.

He winced slightly as he touched his eye to see how bad it was. He knew he had messed things up with Calli. If he continued to get his anger get in the way of things, he knew that Calli would be gone for good.

----------


Calli cleaned up Kiowa's nose as soon as they got back to Taylor's. Kiowa sat on the counter of the bathroom and the two remained silent the whole time. She felt bad for what had happened because she felt like it was all her fault. Once she was cleaned up, Kiowa slipped off of the counter and left the room. They ignored each other for a few hours as they got ready for bed. After she returned from the bathroom, she saw Kiowa lying in bed.

She crawled into bed next to him and rested her head on his stomach. "How much do you hate me right now?" She asked quietly.

"I don't hate you. I could never do that," he smiled sweetly. "I hate Ryan."

She was happy that Kiowa didn’t hate her. "I’m glad you don’t hate me. But I’m really sorry I dragged you into this. You’re the sweetest guy on Earth and you don’t deserve this at al.”

"It's not your fault, Cal. I know you didn't mean to do all of this," he said, putting his arm behind his head. "But you need to talk to him."

Calli scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "Are you serious? Do you not remember what happened earlier?"

"Of course I do! My nose is still throbbing! But I think he needs you more than I do right now." Kiowa said seriously, making her rolled her eyes. She sat up and tried to leave her bed but he grabbed her wrist to prevent her from leaving. "Listen to me, you need to go and talk to him."

"No I don't,” she said, feeling very frustrated.

"Yes you do," he argued. "I'm tired of getting those dirty looks from him for no reason and I got punched in the face for you. You owe me, so go and talk to him!"

She grunted loudly. "What the hell am I going to say to him?"

"That's not my problem," he smiled. "All I know is that Ryan could be the one for you, and you're being the stubborn person like you always are."

She didn’t understand where he was going with the conversation. “What do you mean by ‘the one’?”

"You know…that cheesy soul mate thing.” He laughed, “Where that person is your one true soul mate and you’re destined to be together.”

She sighed and thought about what he was talking about. There was no way that Ryan was "the one" for her. If he was, then they wouldn't be apart for so long. They wouldn't have even broken up in the first place.

"Why aren't Ryan and I together then? If he's "the one" then we'd be together already," she said in that "as a matter of fact" tone she always used.

Kiowa sighed and got up from the bed. "Just because you're not together now doesn't mean you two aren't perfect for each other. It just means it's taken the both of you four years to realize how much you really care about each other."

“The four years just prove that Ryan and I aren’t good for each other,” she sighed, “we’ve been here two days and already we caused trouble.”

“That’s because he thinks we’re together!” Kiowa reasoned, “once he finds out we broke up, you’ll be all his.”

He walked away with a smile on his face. She let out a groaned as she fell back into the bed. Love was too complicated and she liked being single. Her only problem in life was how her OTP weren’t together anymore. She didn’t need Ryan and all the complicated feelings that came with it.

She had to admit that Kiowa was right about one thing. She had to talk to Ryan and straighten everything out. She was still angry with him, but she knew she couldn’t stay mad for long. One thing she was going to make sure was that they weren’t going to get back together. Ryan broke her heart and almost broke Kiowa’s nose. He didn’t deserve to be with her.

Ryan Sheckler was a jerk, but he was a jerk that she loved deeply.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second half is a little short /: Oh well.Feedback is always appreciated <3