Status: Completed on December 16, 2011

Someone Like You

Plans

Calli held the door open for Ryan as he carried a heavy box that held the replies to their wedding. He followed Calli to their wedding planner's office since this was his first time being there. The door was open as Calli knocked on the door, still trying to be polite.

"Calli!" Marissa smiled, standing up from her desk. "This must be Ryan, I'm so happy to finally meet the groom!"

"Yeah, I figured I had to come since I was in the wedding," he smiled lightly.

"Oh, are those the invitations?" She asked. Once Ryan nodded, she smiled wider. "Great! Let's get started, we have a lot to go over now that you're here."

Ryan and Calli sat down across from Marissa as she typed a few things into her computer. Marissa would type in the information as Ryan and Calli read off who the guest was and if they were coming or not.

"Kiowa Gordon," Ryan read off. "Plus one."

"Wait, he's bringing someone?" Calli asked.

"Yeah, the plus one box is checked off. It's probably his girlfriend or something," Ryan shrugged slightly. "Is there a problem?"

Calli felt her heart sink a little. "Sort of. He never told me about her."

"We'll talk about this later, okay? We still have a lot to get done the wedding," Ryan suggested, squeezing her leg in comfort. "But this is the last invitation, I'm sure we'll get more later on this week."

Calli just nodded as Marissa typed in a few more things into the computer. She took out a binder and began going over details with the couples. To Calli's surprise, Ryan actually seemed interested into the plans they were talking about. He even made a few suggestions that Calli and Marissa didn’t even think of.

She was the one who was actually getting bored. She didn't really care for little details, but she knew they had to be done. Once they tied everything up together, they made a schedule with Marissa and Gretchen to meet up with the caterers once more to make sure they have the menu down perfectly.

Ryan grabbed Calli's hand as they made their way to his car. They decided to grab something to eat for a late lunch since they spent almost two hours with Marissa. They settled on Ryan's favorite restaurant that sold his favorite tacos.

"Is it really bothering you that he's bringing someone?" Ryan asked before he bit into his fish taco.

"No, it bothers me that he never told me. I mean, we've been talking on the phone once a week and she never came up.” She frowned, barley touching her food. “Maybe she is just a date and nothing else, but what if she's not?"

Ryan smiled, "What's the big deal? He could be afraid you don’t approve or something."

She sighed, "It’s nothing, really. I'm just stressed out, that's all. The wedding is in two months and things just have been crazy."

Ryan grabbed her hand and kissed it. "Don't stress out so much. Marissa is taking care of everything and so are our mom’s. We're going to have the most perfect wedding ever."

"And the most crazy reception ever," she rolled her eyes. "I can't believe I'm letting you put a half pipe in the reception hall. Actually, I can't believe they're letting you do it!"

"I'm paying a lot of money for that place, it's the least they can do," he chuckled. "At least we're getting something we both want."

She smiled and nodded in agreement. Even though their personalities were different, they settled on a decision for their wedding. The actual wedding would take place in his father's backyard. It was very spacious and it was going to be very intimate; only very close family and friends were invited, just like how she wanted. But the reception was where Ryan took over.

It was going to be a huge party where all of their other friends were going to come. A few of her work friends were going to be there, along with his famous skateboarding friends. She knew how crazy he could get when he was with Casey and Tony, let alone guys like Rob Dyrdek, Bam Margera, and Paul Rodriguez.

"Just promise me one thing," she said as he held her hand.

"And what's that?"

"At the end of the night, you won't have anything broken, sprained, or bruised. Oh, and no black eyes either.” She laughed, “I can't have that. I need you to be able to see on our honeymoon," she said with a little smile.

"Oh, because you want me to see you in what your friends bought you for your bachelorette party," he said with a devilish smirk.

"Well don't act like you don't want to see it! I had to hide it at a friend's because I caught you multiple times trying to look at them. You're like a little kid on Christmas."

"Seeing you in those outfits would be way better than Christmas."

----------


Everyone held up their glasses and cheered to the toast Shane just had made at Ryan and Calli's rehearsal dinner. Calli was a nervous wreck at the moment. She was afraid to eat or drink anything in case it would come back out. She didn't understand how Ryan was so calm and cool about everything, but she tried to be like him.

"You okay, baby?" Ryan asked before he kissed her forehead. "You look really worried."

"I'm fine, just nervous about tomorrow," she explained. "I'm afraid I'm going to fall or I'm going to end up spilling something all over my wedding dress."

He chuckled lightly, "you'll be fine, babe. I'll be back in a second, I have to talk to my mom, okay?"

Calli nodded and kissed Ryan's lips before sitting alone at the table. She took a sip of her champagne as her eyes gazed around the restaurant.

"Do you mind if I sit here?"

She smiled and quickly stood up to hug Kiowa. He hugged her back just as tightly while they both had goofy grins on their faces. "I didn't know you were going to be here!"

"Ryan talked me into it," he shrugged. "You look great, Calli."

"Thanks, you do too," she nodded, "um, where's your date?"

"Oh, she's in the bathroom," he answered. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about her. I just wanted to make sure she and I were serious before asking her to fly with me to a friend's wedding."

She shook her head, "It's fine, really. I don't get to see you often and I'm not going to let this become a fight between us," she smiled, holding his hand tightly. "What's her name?"

"Samantha," he bit his lip, hiding his smile. "I think you'll like her. You guys are a lot alike."

"Hmm, I'll be the judge of that," she scoffed playfully. "If you will excuse me, I must find Ryan and thank him for inviting you. You guys can sit here with us and we'll be back in a few."

Kiowa nodded and Calli walked away to go and find Ryan. Thanks to his mother, she found him outside talking to Casey. She wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed his back, even though he couldn't really feel it with his shirt on. Casey took that as his cue to leave the couple alone.

"Thanks for inviting him," Calli said, cuddling to the front of his body. "It means a lot to me."

"You're welcome, baby," he cooed in her ear. He moved the hair away from her neck and began kissing it lightly.

"Stop," she giggled. "We're at our rehearsal dinner," she reminded him, "tomorrow night is when you get to have me."

"I can't wait another day," he groaned. "A month was hard enough. I don't understand why you women think holding off sex is a good thing before a wedding."

"I just really like teasing you," she smiled. "It'll be worth it, I promise."

"Can't I just get a little sneak peak?" He asked as his hands slid up her dress.

"No," she said, pushing him away. "You can wait until tomorrow. I have a few surprised up my sleeve for you tomorrow night."

He wiggled his eyebrows before pulling her into a kiss. "You better be right." He said, trying to threaten her.

"Oh yeah? What if I'm not?" She couldn't help but have a smirk on her face.

"You'll end up not being able to walk for weeks." He whispered in her ear, "that will be a promise I'll be able to keep either way."