Status: Still Writing

Anything can Happen in Disney World

"And the Most Miserable"

Chapter One:
"And the Most Miserable"


>>>>

“Single rider? Single rider anyone?” one of the ladies who were operating the ride asked.

“Come on Tazer- go up there- you’re single.” Patrick Kane said.

“I don’t think that is what she means.” Tazer replied, looking serious.

“I know it isn’t. Of course it isn’t- and leave it to you to be serious in Disney World. But come on- cheer up! Besides that chick up there sitting by herself is absolutely smoking.”

“Any single riders?” the lady asked again.

Toews raised his hand, “I am!” he shouted above all the noise.

“Great!” she exclaimed and then she motioned everyone to back up against the wall so that the brown haired, brown eyes, fit hockey player- Jonathan Toews could walk to the beginning of the line.

“Please go to row one.” Another lady instructed.

Jonathan did as she said and wound up in the front row next to a pretty, dark brunette. “Hey.” Jonathan said, trying to make conversation.

“Hello.” She said and turned to look at Tazer. She had amazingly bright blue eyes that seemed to pierce right through him.

Jonathan paused for a second, “Uh, is this your first time on this ride?”

She shook her head, “Nope- not at all. Is it yours?”

“Yea.”

“Awesome- you get to ride front row on your first time ever. That’s pretty awesome, eh?”

“Yeah, it is. How many times have you been here?” he asked, the ride was about to start, but he wanted to know.

“Quite a few times.” She told him matter-of-factly. “I’m going to guess this is your first time. Correct?”

Jonathan nodded.

“Cool, anyways what pose would you like to do for the picture?”

“Excuse me?” he asked, surprised and then he realized they were making their way up a giant hill. The girl he was talking to had put both her hands up and Jonathan followed her example.

“Pose.” She said again. “You know when they take the picture. Like, uh, for example- jazz hands or…” the girl thought for a moment, “Or like a superman pose.”

They were almost at the top of the hill now. “Let’s do a superman pose.”

The girl laughed, “OK.”

Jonathan went to pose, but the girl didn’t and when the huge hill turned out to be only a little bump, it was a major shock.

“You’ve got a few more of those, but I promise I’ll clue you in when the time comes.”

“All right.” Jonathan said, not exactly believing her which she must have seen on his face because she rolled her eyes.

There was another fake out and by the time they were somewhat close to the actual hill, their seat was wet and water was dripping down their arms.

“I’ve never gotten wet on this ride-especially after this hill.” The girl said.

“How can that be?” Jonathan asked. It was after all a water ride.

She shrugged and looked at the guy next to her, but then broke out into a grin, “That could be because this is really only my second time in the first row. But still. Now get ready.” She told him and put both her arms up as they slowly went up the hill.

When they reached the top and started going down, Jonathan looked over at his ride buddy and saw her smiling as she struck the superman pose Jonathan and her had agreed on. Jonathan followed suit and when the lights flashed and both of them were completely drenched, they laughed.

“This is about the most fun I’ve had all week.” The girl said.

“How long are you staying?” Jonathan asked his new found friend.

“Another week.” She frowned.

“It’s Disney World- we’re in the happiest place in the world.”

“And the most miserable.”

“You’re a downer.”

“No, I’m simply a realist.” There was a pause and someone started to talk on the loud speakers.“Well it was nice meeting you…”

“Jonathan.” He said as they started moving again to get off.

“Well, it was nice to meet you Jonathan, but it looks as if we must go our separate ways now.”

“Wait,” Jonathan said as he got out of his seat, “What’s your name?”

The girl turned around and seemed to consider him before smiling, “Chloë.”

“Well Chloë would it be OK if I asked for your number?”

“Only if you promise that you’ll actually call or text.”

“Promise.”

“Good- here give me your phone and I’ll put it in for you.”

Jonathan quickly pulled his phone out of his, thankfully, dry pocket and passed it on to Chloë. She quickly programmed her phone number into the IPhone.

“That’s a really nice phone. Do you-”

“Yo Chloë! Come on! We’re getting on Thunder Mountain now so we can dry off. We might get on a few times actually.” A boy yelled.

“Well my cousin is calling, I’ll see ya later maybe.” Chloë said winking and ran away before she could get his number.

Jonathan watched her walk out and then looked down at his phone and smiled in triumph.

“I hope I do see her again.” He said to himself. It was nice that someone didn’t know who he was for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright- new story idea. I've actually had this written in one of my notebooks and I was flipping through and I saw it, so I decided to post it after I finished typing it up.
I got this idea when I was in Disney World and I tried to shut out my cousins from bothering me. I think it's a pretty good beginning so far. What do you guys think?