Status: The Sky Is Blue and I'm Alive So All Is Well. :)

That Girl.

1/1

Kennedy stood solemnly in front of her door. He tightly closed his eyes and released the breath he had been holding unknowingly before pulling it open. There lie her body covered in sheets. The room was empty and silent, it was weird for her to be in a room so quiet. The monitor beside her lifeless body made a constant beeping sound. Everything felt out of place.
It was hard seeing her still body lying on a bed. She was always raising hell, but now she had no strength to even try. Her lips were pale and chapped, Her body was frail, and her eyes were lifeless. She wasn't his bad ass rebel anymore.

He could still remember how much everyone hated her and how much she hated them, the memory was still clear and fresh in his mind. The first day he met Braxton Bradley.

"Yo Kenny! Check it out, there's the new girl everyone's talking about."Josh said to a young Kennedy Brock as he pointed at a girl who sat alone rather rudely.

"Dude didn't your mom tell you not to point at people like that." He said with a laugh slapping his friends hand.

"Nah man and if she did I probably wasn't listening." He shook his head at him before looking over at the girl.

She was something. She had her studded boots propped up on the table, blonde hair was poking out from her letterman hoodie, and her shorts showed off her long tanned legs.
Before his eyes could leave her body she looked over at him with her piercing blue orbs. Kennedy stood and walked over to her table before taking a seat right beside her.

"Hi, I'm Kennedy."

"That's nice." She said rudely pulling her head phones off of her head causing the hood to fall in the process.

"Are you gonna tell me your name?"

"Nope."She said popping the 'p' and Kennedy's confidence faltered a bit.

"Your different." He stated as he scrutinized her and she sighed.

"Is that why you keep bothering me? Well I guess I'm gonna have to be like every bitch in this town."She said sarcastically and he laughed.

"Are you always this straight forward?"

"Are your jeans always that tight?"She stated bluntly.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes." He said mostly to himself and she stood.

"Have a nice day, Kennedy." She said with a wink before strutting out of the small coffee shop.


Kennedy found himself smiling at the memory, her mouth always got her in so much trouble in school and basically everywhere else with everyone.
Braxton was always a challenge for everyone and Kennedy was the boy who took the challenge on. He was always told he tamed the beast, but he knew she could never be tamed.
Kennedy arose from his seat and went to here side, he wrapped his large calloused hand around her slender, rough fingers. Her hands reminded him of why he was in a band in the first place.

"I didn't know you played guitar." Kennedy said as he spotted the mysterious girl under the tree in a park.

"You don't know me." She stated not even bothering to look up at him.

Kennedy plopped down next to her and watched as she strummed the strings to her guitar in a beautiful melody. He took note that she was wearing the same jacket, the same boots, and her lips were still coated in pink lip gloss.

"My name's Braxton."

Her voice surprised him and his snapped out of the trance he had been in. Braxton was staring at him with a brow raised as if she was waiting for a response.

"That's an awesome name." He grinned ad she just rolled her eyes.

"I figured you wouldn't stop stalking me until I told you my name."

"Nope. I won't stop until you tell me something about you."Kennedy began to smirk at the frustrated girl.

"I'm not a lovely person."

"Everyone has something someone loves about them." He assured and she just laughed bitterly before shaking her head.

"Trust me I'm not lovable and I don't plan to ever be that way."

"Who told you, you could plan life."


It was odd how right he was that day because whether she knows it or not, kennedy fell deeply in love with every little detail about that girl. With few words she taught him many things and she stressed they importance that life was short so people should say and do whatever the fuck they wanted. She helped him decide what he should do about wanting to be a singer; compromise. Now he couldn't stress the thanks he had for those words, being the guitarist for The Maine was the best decision of his life. She was there for him every step of the way.

"Braxton! Were going on a headliner tour! i can't believe it babe!" Kennedy jumped around the room while Braxton sat staring at him with a humored expression.

"That's awesome, Kenny. I'm sorry to have to kill your hype, but i have to tell you something." Kennedy stopped jumping and he began to worry.

"Have you noticed my bruises, my tan's fading, and the random sick days?" Kennedy's heart speed up.

No, No, No!.

"Kennedy, I came out of remission."


That was the day everything went wrong, that day was three days ago and now she basically on her death bed lying before him. A bitter laugh left his lips and he shook his head.
Kennedy snapped out of his thoughts as the monitor began to speed up. His eyes widened in shock as her eyes opened revealing the piercing blue orbs he had fell in love with. She looked around the room before smirking at him.

"Well I guess my fights gonna be over soon huh?"

"Braxton you can't give up." He begged eagerly and she sighed shaking her head.

"I'm tired Kenny. This cancer is killing me slowly and I'm just ready to be out of misery."

Tears filled his eyes and he collapsed beside the bed placing his head on her stomach. He felt her sigh softly before running her fingers through his messy hair.

"Kennedy, I want you to know one thing. I love you, I've loved you since that day under the tree. You made me feel more free than I've ever felt in my entire life and I'm glad you loved me when no else wanted to. Don't ever forget me kid."

"I could never forget you Braxton. I'm glad to have ever had the chance to love you."

She smiled and the monitor began to slow down rapidly. He grabbed her jacket off the chair and walked out as nurses began to charge into the room.

Braxton Bradley; She sure was something and maybe everyone did hate her, but he had always loved her. She was a bitch, and it's likely she won't be missed, but in his mind a great person had left this world. Hell raiser, punk rocker, and loud mouth; There'd never be another like her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Braxton

So I'm crying now :'( this is honestly the saddest thing I have ever written :((, but at the same time it was sweet and yeah..
Comment and tell me what you think! Also join the contest! it's fun! :D

Love&Rock,

Gabriella :) <3