Status: just started, comment please? <3

Believe It

Clean

We sat together, talking about nothing much, and everything, too. We talked about her friends; Brad, Cassidy, Drake, and Katy sound really cool. She told me about the crazy things they've all done together, like going straking though the school yard at lunch, or how all of them went cliff-diving. I tell her about my friends back home--Monte, Kris and Issac. We laugh when I share the story of how Issac went to school dressed as Cher, and the time Monte and I got in trouble for shoplifting at Hot Topic. I really miss them. Maybe one day I can go see them again. I sigh. That'd be nice.

"Hey, Adam." Allison pipes up randomly, interrupting my thoughts. "How long have you been in Burbank?"

"Three days." I say, shifting in my seat.

She nods. "And how long have you been in those clothes?"

I pause, thinking. Way too long. "Uh...I think...maybe six months or so?"

"Six months?" She says, grimacing. "Jesus Christ! Ew!" I blush, looking down. It's not sanitary, I know, but it's the best I could do. I don't really have the money for new clothes, and these were the only ones I could get my hands on.

"We really need to fix that. That's just...oh my god! Ugh. Follow me." She stands up, walking down the hallway to the bathroom, going in and pointing to the hottub. "Shower. Now. I'll bring you some new clothes." She walks to the door, then pauses, turning back to face me. "When you're done, we're burning those...rags." She crinkles her nose in complete disgust, then swiftly disappears out the door, locking it behind her.

I go up to the tub, not quite sure how to work it. When was the last time I bathed? I can't remember. Isn't that awful? Hesitantly, I turn a knob on the tub, and, thank god, it bubbles to life. Water cascades out of the spout, rushing to the fill tub.

I put my hand under the spray, feeling it warm on my dirty skin. The hot liquid drips off my fingers, cleansing my hand of the dirt it once had. It feels so, so good. It's so way too long!
I tug off my shirt, sighing in relief as the clean air touches my filthy skin. Being free of it is heaven. I immidiately tear off my pants and boxers, kicking my tattered shes away and cannon-balling into the tub.

Oh. My. God.

Fuck! It's indescribable. The hot water burns against m weathered skin, washing away it's impurities and renewing it. The grime and dirt that;s layered on me rinses off the current of the water. I grab a hand towel from a little holder on the wall and scrub everywhere. My skin is red and raw, but clean. Clean. It feels so good! I'm never, ever, going without this ever again.

I reach for a bar of soap, rubbing it all over me, even in my greasy cherry-red hair. I take a deep breath, close my eyes, and submerge myself in the bubbling water. It's calm, peaceful. The sound of rushing water fills me, the warmth of the tub the only thing I focus on. For one minute, give or take an eternity, I felt human. I felt normal. I want to stay like this forever.

Can I?

Knock!

I jump up, head out of the water in an instant, the trance totally diminished now, totally lost to me. "Yes?"

"You all right in there?" Allison calls, voice muffled by the door. "You've been in there for a whle."

Has it really been that long? "Oh, um, yeah. I'm done. Sorry!" Reluctantly, I slowly step out of the soft water, into the brisk, cold air. Hurridly, I palm for a towl, wrapping it around myself.

"No, it's no problem." She says, the smile evident in her voice. "But hurry up! There's someone I want you to meet!"

Someone she wants me to meet? I shrug it off, gripping the door knob and opening the passageway, towel firmly around my waist. Allison stands outside it, her big eyes immidiately running over my body.

"Adam," she smiles widely, "you look great!"

"Um, I'm naked."

"Exactly!" she giggles, my face surely turning bright red. "I mean, when you're not completely dirty, you're sort of hot."

"Uh....thanks?"

She shakes her head, sighing, red hair flying everywhere. Her hair is even more flaming than mine. "Adam, you're so awkward!" She grabs my hand, pulling me toward her room, nearly making me drop my towel. She slams the door behind us and locks it, throwing clothes at me.

"Okay, get dressed."

"Okay." I agree, waiting for her to move. She didn't budge. "Um, can I have some privacy?"

She gives me a confused look. "Why?"

Why? "Because I'm going to get changed."

"Okay, and?" This is a little strange...

"Don't you think it's a little weird to watch me change?" Yes, it is.

She shakes her head. "No." She laughs. "Adam, just change! We have company, and you're not going out there in just that towel."

"But-" I sigh, interrupting myself. This isn't going anywhere. "Fine. But can you turn around?"

"Adam! Get over yourself and change!"

"Okay, okay! Geez." She rolls her eyes, not moving an inch. Okay, fine. Whatever.
With a sigh, I drop my towel, relectantly exposing myself. My face burns bright red, totally embarassed. Couldn't she just leave? Allison lets out a low whistle and I shoot her a dirty glare. Thats so awkward! Quickly, I slide up my underwear, trying to ignore Allison's laughter. I pull on the shirt--a plain black teeshirt--and look around. "Um, Allison? Can I have some pants?"

She giggles loudly. "I don't have any that fit you. Those are Drake's clothes. He left them here last time he was over. You're lucky to even have those!"

My eyes widen. "What?" You've gotta be kidding me. "So, what should I do?"

She laughs a little louder. "Well, um...I have a skirt you can borrow." I glare at her and she cracks up, leaning against the wall to hold herself up. Come on, it's not even that funny.

"I am not wearing a skirt! No way in hell!"

"C'mon, you're gay!"

"So? That doesn't mean I wear girl clothes! You're lesbian, do you wear boxers?"

"Yes. And they're fucking comfy!"

"Well I'm not crossdressing!"

She smirks, giggling quietly. "Sweetheart, I don't think you have a choice!"

"Don't you have jeans or something I can borrow? Or, like, a robe?" That would be so much less weird than wearing a skirt. She walks over to her overstuffed closet and grabs a pair of jeans, throwing them at me. I try to fit my leg through, but it's way too tight.

I look up at her, waiting. She shrugs. "I don't have a robe." Fuck! "So..." she starts, smile growing steadily on her face as she pulls something out of a drawer, "how about that skirt?"

"No!" I run to the other side of the room, away from her. She bounds behind me, skirt flapping in her hand.

"Just wear it! C'mon it's no big deal!"

"No!" I keep running away from her, but she just follows behind me.

"C'mon! He's waiting!"

"No!"

"Please? C'mon, if I had pants that fit I'd let you wear them!"

"No, no, no, no, no!"

"Adam! Stop running and put on the damn skirt--"

A knock on the bedroom door reverberates through the room.

"Uh, everything alright in there?"