The Aftermath

Chapter Two: I Feel Like I Know You

Of course I hadn't slept, my brain had to many questions for that. I just stared out the window, watching the landscape change. It seemed like hours had passed when we finally reached the school. I could barley make out anything in the dark night and I stumbled along behind the man who had driven me here, struggling with my luggage.

I followed him wordlessly through the corridors and up stairs until finally he reached a door which he opened and gestured for me to be quite before walking in.

There where six beds, all where full exept one near a window which I moved towards, setting my stuff down as quietly as I could, I turned back to ask the man what was going to happen next but he was gone.

I frowned and popped into the corridor to see if he was there, and of course he wasn't.

I felt despair course through me, typical. Abandoned in a creepy school in the middle of the night. It seems I', just the kind of person these things happen to.

I quietly moved to sit on my bed, looking to my right I saw a boy dozing peacefully, his bright red hair covering most of his pale face. Hmmmm coed rooms, well that's a first.

I turned my head to the left and almost jumped a foot in the air when I saw a boy staring up at me with green-grey eyes.

"Who are you?" He asked, his voice slightly louder then a whisper.

"Raven." I answered in barley a whisper, he looked so familiar.

He smiled at me in the most dazzling way and I found it hard to breath. "I'm Frank, what are you doing here Raven?" He asked, staring up at me with his stunning eyes.

I shook my head, trying to clear it. "I have no clue. First I find out I've been adopted then I've been sent here by my adoptive parents because they don't have time for me. Its damn frustrating and confusing."

"Wow thats a big fucking mess. Most of us have been sent here by our parents. Or like me and the rest of the boys, you've been sent here because you don't have parents." He gestured around the room as he said boys.

All of them where orphans?

"By the way we aren't supposed to be talking right now but I don't really care for rules. But so your a little less confused I'll tell you who everyone is now." He continued, still smiling at me.

"That," He started, sitting up and pointing at the red haired boy. "Is Gerard, the boy one bed over from him is his brother Mikey. Those to stick together like glue, they're a bit crazy but they're nice." I nodded trying to take in the two brothers faces and remember who was who.

Frank pointed at the other bed where to heads peeked out from the blankets. "The Sophie and her boyfriend Matt. She keeps inviting him over night, ignoring how it makes everything awkward for the rest of us." He rolled his eyes and I couldn't help giggling.

"Frank?" I heard a sleepy voice mutter in the corner, even though there wasn't a bed there.

Frank turned to whoever was in the corner. "Yeah Sonny?"

"What's going on?" The sleepy voice asked, and heard a muffled yawn.

"Sorry did I wake you up? There's a new girl." Frank smiled as he mentioned me and I felt butterflies in my stomache.

I heard feet shuffle across the floor and suddenly a short boy was sitting on the edge of Franks bed. He peered up at my from under a mop of black hair that hung around his pale face, almost entirely covering his wide brown eye. I couldn’t help and thinking I knew him. He just looked….So familiar it was almost haunting. I had to have seen him somewhere before..

He smiled shyly at me, his snakebites glinting in the pale moonlight.

“Raven, this is Sonny.” Frank said, I jumped slightly, I had almost forgotten he was here.

The boy smiled at me again. “Hi.” He mumbled in a shy voice, his pale cheeks turning slightly pink as I stared at him.

“Hi.” I answered him and he muffled a giggle that was almost as cute as his small face, with a pale hand, even though it was quite hot in the small room he wore a long sleeve shirt that was two sizes to big for him, the sleeves reaching far past his hands.

Frank sighed and yawned sleepily, his eyes flickering quickly to Sonny before staring back at me.

“I need to get some sleep and if we don’t stop talking someone will find us, and we don’t need to be walking zombies tomorrow, this room already has a reputation for the laziest people in the school.”

I laughed and nodded, pulling the blankets around me and curling up on my new bed. HAHA no creaking.

I heard Sonny stand up and whisper a quiet “goodnight” before crawling back into his own bed.

I rolled over to look at Frank, who was smiling at me.

“Goodnight Raven.” He mouthed before closing his eyes, his smile still on his face.

I rolled back to stare at the ceiling. Already things where looking up, usually that meant something bad was on the horizon.