‹ Prequel: Kids With Guns
Status: Active, and updated as much as possible.

The Inbetween

Two.

When I wake up, I’m scared and trying to figure out where I am at.
Everything is cloudy in my mind, like trying to walk through a thick fog with only one functioning eye and you’re deaf in both ears.
I sit up and glance around me, catching my bearings.
I’m sitting next to a mirror and I reach out to touch it as if my reflection is another person. The shirt I’m wearing fit me fine before, now you could barely make out the body beneath it.
Someone walks in and I snap my head in the direction of the padding of their feet.
It’s Ben.
He sits down on the bed and suddenly I’m latched onto him, kissing him and holding onto him. He’s gripping onto me back, putting just as much passion into it as he can.
In my haze, I go to pull his pants off but he pushes me back.

“No, Sierra,” Ben says, and I feel so hurt, rejected and now I want to break into tears.

“Am I ugly?” I ask, hiding behind my hair.

“O’ course no’! Yeh beautiful, but I don’ feel like doin… tha’. Is no’ a good time, righ’ now. I want to do it when you’ll remember.”

I smack him across the face and stand up, “Don’ lie to me!” I snarl, clenching my fists. “Danny!”

Calling out his name again, I barge out of the room sobbing and wondering where he is.
My hands brace me against the walls along the hallway as I push myself off them to move forward.
I’m stumbling, tears blurring my vision as I call out my twin brother’s name.
My body is trembling uncontrollably and I’m not sure where I’m at or where anything is at and I just want to find Danny and feel safe.

“DANNY!” I cry out.
My hands fumble on a door handle and I push the door open, revealing my brother in bed with another girl.

“Danny… Ben… Ben, he-he” I hiccup, and tears are streaming down my face.
There is evident panic in my brother’s drugged stupor and love making.
He pushes the girl off, pulling a pair of pajama pants and pens his arms for me to go to him.

“He didn’ hurt you did he?”

“He- he called me ugly!” I burst out into more tears and buried my face into his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short.... You'll be okay because most of them wont be long anyway!