Status: School has started,so I'm writing as much as I can!

White Lady

Practice

Johnny was late. Again. I started to get antsy and started to pace around the cold concrete ground. He knew how important this was! Some talent scouts would be at the local theater auditioning people in less than a week,and we had to practice everyday for hours,until we got everything right. We had to be perfect. We wouldn't have time to practice after today,because school would be starting again from Christmas break.

If we wanted to be something other than a group of teens in my parents basement, we had to practice until we were the best band of all.

"Would you chill out? He'll be here. God, its like your on crack or something." Rina said.

Rina has been my best friend forever. We just clicked the moment we met. We were both passionate about our music,me maybe a little more. Rina had dyed electric blue hair and bright blue eyes to match. All though she looked like she would be edgy and loud, she was actually quiet and awkward at times. She was also really short and a little pudgy but not much.

I looked at her,and chuckled at the thought."I'm not on crack," I answered,tapping my fingers restlessly on my leg," he just makes me so....ugh!" I couldn't even think.

I grabbed my breathtaking black cherry Driskill Diablo. It was my life,that guitar. I got it two years ago for a birthday present from my grandma. It had a cocobola neck with three P90's and a piezo trem. I pressed the metal strings against my already callused fingers and began playing chords that sounded good together.

I felt calmer when I heard the chords play one after another, creating a beautiful tune. I smiled and slammed on the strings harder,and faster and I couldn't hear anything but the spectacular sound coming from the guitar.

I do this a lot. I play when I'm nervous,sad,happy, etc. The music made me feel alive, almost like it was my purpose in life.

My parents didn't think I was much,just one of those teenagers that wouldn't succeed in life, because I hung out with the "bad kids" and I dressed a little edgy and was in a band. We ignored each other,which was pretty awkward considering I was the only child.

The only sounds in the house were from the basement. My parents, Anna and Mark Ash, thought the rock music I played was crap.

How could they think that? Music was my life. It was the air I breathed,what my dreams were about, it was who I was. If it weren't for music, the world would be completely dead.

"Hey!" I heard a deep voice scream.

I looked up,dazed and looked behind me. Johnny. He and Rina were laughing. "Your weird when you do that,ya know? Just play and ignore everything else." he said.

Even though I know how to play the guitar,Johnny Marks was the guitarist in our band,Rina had the drums, and that left me with vocals. I loved to sing, but not as much as playing the guitar.

I stood and handed Johnny my guitar. "Forgot your guitar again?" I asked irritably. Johnny grabbed the guitar and smirked. He loved to tease me that way,by pissing me off,but we've been friends for a long time too,so I knew he didn't ALWAYS mean to.

"Where were you? We said we would all meet at 2 o'clock." I reminded him adjusting my mic as Rina found her drum sticks and Johnny fixed the strap around him.

"Would you quit bitchin'?'" he mumbled,then quickly smiled when I threw him a glare."Ready?" Rina asked lightly pounding on the drums. I nodded.

We practiced for hours and then finally stopped.

"Can we please take five? My fingers are about to bleed!" Johnny whined. My voice was starting to crack a little,and my throat was dry. "Fine," I said cracking my neck."Let's go to the diner, but when we get back,we are gonna start practicing again and again until we sound absolutely perfect."

Johnny groaned as he threw an arm around me. He playfully kissed me on the cheek,something he did every day."Baby,you are OCD with this music thing. We are kick ass! You know those people are going to like us." Johnny hugged me closer to him and I leaned my head on his shoulder as we all walked to his car.

My stomach knotted together. The thought of playing for those snobby Hollywood people made me nervous. I never get nervous! But this could be my chance to become something in this world.

I took in a deep breath from the chilly air outside. At least Johnny was keeping me warm."Shotgun!" Rina yelled,skipping to the beat up black mustang.

Before I got in,Johnny turned me to him and stared at me with his dark eyes."We'll be fine. Stop stressing." he smiled. I kissed him lightly on his red nose."Thanks,Rudolf." I teased,ruffling his shoulder length brown hair."Now,come one. Since you were late. Your paying for the food."
♠ ♠ ♠
They will get longer and better. This chapter wasn't amazing,but they will be better! Please comment and Subscribe if you like this story. :)