Welcome in Silence

Listen

TRENT

Suddednly the comforting warmth was gone and I was cold again. I opened my eyes to see why my warmth was gone and saw Embry and Jacob walking out the back door. I looked over to the other guys and saw that they were intently watching a football game. I got up slowly so the guys wouldnt notice and krept over to the back door. It was hard to hear what Jacob and Embry were saying but I could tell that Embry was filled with rage. Jacob's back was to me so I had no idea what he was saying but I could see Embry. He was saying something about me and Jacob together. I could tell that Jacob was saying something because Embry had stopped talking.

I was leaning against the door when Embry yelled, "You what!?!"

It was so loud that for a momment it scared me and in the momment I happened to slip which cause the door to hit a chair and both boys eyes turned to me.

"Trent, your suppose to be asleep," Embry told me in a fatherly tone.

"I got cold," I mouthed to him while rubbing my arms for emfaces.

"I can come and sit with you," Jacob offered earning a glare from Embry but I just nodded.

We walked back into the house and sat down on the couch, I was inbetween Embry and Jacob. The others just looked over at us like they had just noticed our abstence. After awhile I must have fallen asleep because I woke up and I was in my room, laying on my bed. I could still here the boys downstairs so I decided to spy on them. I silently walked across my room to the vent from which I could hear everyword.

"Where did Embry go?" I think Seth asked.

"He is still mad so he went for a run," I recognized Jacobs voice easily.

"oh. What's it like to imprint?" Seth asked another question and this one intriged me.

"There are no words for it, its not something that is easy to explain," Jacob answered.

"So when do you think Embry will get over you imprinting on Trent?" Some else asked and I could barley make out what he had said, I'm pretty sure he had food in his mouth.

"I don't know, hopefully soo," Jacob told them.

At that momment I decided to go downstairs. I quietly walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen. I could still hear them talking as if I was at the vent still. I stopped at the doorway and just stood there as they goofed of, throwing food at each other and pushing one another. After a bit of time had passed Quil noticed me standing there.

"Oh my god Trent!" He shouted.

In an instant all eyes were on me so I just waved. I went to the fridge and started looking for something to eat.

"So, how long were you standing there?" Paul asked and I shrugged.

As I made myself a sandwich I noticed that they had all gone back to their previous actions except Jacob, he was staring at me with a look of disbelief. Our eyes met and I tried to figure out what he could possibly be thinking about, after a second he looked away and I went back to my sandwich like nothing had happened.

I ate my sandwich at the table and the guys barley acknowledged that I existed apart from the numerous glances sent my way by Jacob. When I was about half way done with my chicken sandwich Embry walked in wearing only shorts. He looked around the room, glared at Jacob and sat across from me stealing part of my food. After a second of thinking about what I was going to say I knocked on the table to get his attention.

"Whats imprinting?" I mouthed and in an instant his whole faced changed.

"Where did you here about that?" He demanded as his eyes scanned the boys behind me who had gone silent, they had no idea what we were talking about but my cousins tone wasn't a happy one.

"I'm sneaky like that," I 'told' him, wearing a smirk on my face.

"Embry whats wrong?" I heard one of the boys behind me whisper and I don't think I was meant to hear it.

"Did you guys know that there are vents that connect from Trents bedroom to the kitchen and she can hear every conversation?" Embry demanded and I turned araound to see the shock and horror on their faces, especially Jacob.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took me so long, I had a big test at school. I will get the next chapter out as soon as possible. I finally got over my writers block!

the more comments and subscribers the longer the chapter!!