Status: On Hold

Lunatics Love Story

Insufferable Silence

I woke up to the annoying sound of my mother pounding on my door. God, why couldn’t she just let me sleep in! It’s freaking summer. I shoved my covers off and staggered out of bed. I flung open my door.

“What do you want?” I spit out.

“Get dressed now, we have a special guest coming.”

I glanced at my clock. It was freaking four in the morning.

“Ma!! Its four O’clock in the morning. What the hell?” I nearly shouted and almost yawned.

Her expression went from sweet to serious in one second. Oops.

“Kylie Gabriella Marcos you will get dressed right now and come down stairs.” Her voice was cold and angry.

I haven’t heard my mothers voice like that in a long time. I nodded slowly and slammed my door in her face. I turned and went to my dresser, pulling off my long sleeved shirt in the process. I caught the sight of the scars of my arms and the freshly made cuts. My eyes started to water but I closed them before tears could escape. I wanted to scream and cry, but I wouldn’t let myself. Just stay angry, it’ll be okay.

When I got down stairs my parents expressions were serious and lacking in emotion. What the hell is going on? Why am I up at four in the morning? I opened my mouth to start yelling at them when my dad silenced me with a glance. I shut my lips and waited for them to explain.

“Kylie, we have a very special boy coming to stay with us. I want you to be nice to him and watch out for him. Do you understand?” My dad’s voice was chilling.

It must be a job. They’re only like this when they have a job. I nodded slowly. I really hoped this time wouldn’t end with someone getting killed again.

“Fine, just let me go back to bed!” I hissed out and crossed my arms.

“Sorry sweetie, the guest of honor has just arrived.”

I rolled my eyes and earned myself another cold glare. Great. It was like my opinion didn’t matter. Like I was speaking but no one could hear the words. The door bell rang and that’s when my life took a turn for the best.

I stayed behind in the hall as my parents opened the door. Two men were standing there with a boy. He looked around nervously, like someone was after him.

“Kylie take him upstairs to the guest bedroom.” My mom told me.

I nodded and turned quickly and started up the stairs, not even checking to see if he was following me. I heard his footsteps and the faint whisperings of my parents. It was most certainly a job. Awesome.

“Here’s your new bedroom, mine is right across the hall if you need anything.”

After that I stormed back into my bedroom and landed on my bed with an oof. Ugh now I just want to sleep all day and not have to deal with this crap anymore. Just as I was about to fall into my dreams there was a light tap on my door. I sat up and found him standing there.

“Kylie, is it?”

“Yes.”

“That’s a pretty name.”

“I know, its my name.”

His lips twitched into a half smile for a few moments and then faded. He turned to go, but I stopped him.

“Wait! What’s your name?”

He stopped and glanced back at me. “Aaron.”

“Just Aaron…no last name?”

“Just Aaron.” He just grinned with a mischievous glint in his eye.

With that he turned and left my room. Huh. I found myself smiling a little as I went to sleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, sorry it took me so long to update this. Here's a picture of Kylie. c:
Kylie