Status: New little loverly story.

Of Heartache and Memories

Prologue

I want the truth.

Quinn Greyson simply stares at the floor, frozen by the words that Will has just uttered. She’s confused as to what to say in response to his request, because honestly, she doesn’t know herself. She’s lied to herself time and time again to the point that now, she has no idea how she truly feels anymore. But looking up at his face, his blue eyes piercing her own brown ones, she finally conjures an answer.

“The truth is that I’m afraid.” She tells him in a voice barely above a whisper. “I’ve never felt this way about anyone before. I don’t understand it and that scares me. I’m terrified that you’ll find someone better, that I’m just not good enough for you. Mostly though, I’m scared to death that I’ll be the one who ends up with their heart broken.”

Will, who had waited silently and patiently for Quinn to finish, steps forward and throws his arms around her small frame, hugging her tightly to himself. His head rests in the crook of her neck, and he breathes her in, lost in her scent that was like the sweetest of flowers. Quinn remains frozen for only a moment longer before returning the gesture, wrapping her arms gingerly around Will’s torso.

The two remain joined for a few seconds before pulling away slightly, looking into the other’s eyes. Staring into the deep orbs of brown, Will is nearly overwhelmed with the desire to kiss Quinn. It flows through him like a river, running from his head all the way to his toes. Quinn notices his change in expression, how his eyes are glazed and half-lidded with yearning, and tries to say something, anything to stop him. But Will isn’t giving her a moment of hesitation. He’s tired of excuses and tired of trying to rationalize what he feels. So, in a movement so quick it allows no resistance, Will leans forward and presses his lips firmly against Quinn’s.

The kiss is so full of passion and emotion, Quinn’s head is spinning as her body is pulled even close to Will’s. Their lips fit together perfectly and everything else falls away. They both forget the time and the place, each solely focused on the other.

After what felt to them like an eternity, they pull away, and Quinn rests her head on Will’s shoulder. Closing his eyes, he speaks to her, in a voice so low one would have to strain to hear him.

“I’m scared, too,” he says. “More than you’ll ever know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is brand spanking new, and I think I'm in love so far. Tell me what you think, and don't be a silent reader! :D

Note: This will be the only chapter in 3rd person/present tense.