Status: Very much active!

One Last Chance

Twelve.

The boys were behaving strangely the next day. Everytime he and Remus so much as looked at each other they would smirk and everytime they touched they burst out in laughter. He was starting to get very annoyed around seven that night when it had been going on for hours. Remus excused himself to go to the washroom and he rounded on them. "What in Merlin's name is so funny?" He spat. They glanced at each other before bursting out into fits of laughter once again. He watched as they stood up and began putting their shoes on to go out.

"Your not going anywhere until you tell me what's so damn funny." They giggled for a few more seconds before Draco finally spoke up. "Might wanna practice some silencing charms, eh?" It finally hit him. He'd been so caught up in the moment last night that he'd forgotten to silence the room before they'd had sex.

The boys had probably came home in the middle of it and heard everything. He could feel both of his cheeks turing a deep red. He couldn't believe that he forgotten to use the charm. Now all they could think about was how he sounded in bed. He had never been so embarrassed in his life so he was grateful when they slipped out of the door without another word.

Remus came out and looked startled at the redness on his face. "It appears that I forgot to use a silencing charm last night." He mumbled, looking anywhere that wasn't Remus's face. They hadn't talked about last night and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. "Oh." The other man mumbled, sounding embarrassed as well.

When he didn't say another word about the situation after several long moments, he finally spoke up. "About last night..what do you...I mean do you want it to...happen again?" He looked up at his face and was surprised to see him looking confused. "Why wouldn't I?" He asked. Okay, well at least that was one thing out of the way. "I didn't know if it was a one time thing." He immediately regretted saying it as he saw anger on the mans face for the first time.

"Is that what you think?" He spat, standing up. Severus stood up as well and tried to speak. He was cut off by Remus yelling at him. "You thought you were just another one night stand? That it didn't mean anything? Fuck em and leave em right?" He didn't respond, shocked at the mans anger as well as his language. He had never heard the man utter a curse word, not even in his youth. "You obviously don't know me at all, Severus!"

"Remus I-" He reached out to grab the man, but he jumped back to avoid his touch. "Did you even mean it when you said you loved me?" How dare the man accuse him of that. He didn't say something unless he meant it. Expecially I love you. "Guess not." He had taken a moment too long to answer and the man left, slamming the door behind him as he went.

He sank down on the couch, face in his hands. They had just had their first fight and he had been too much of an idiot to resolve it before it got bad. He summoned a bottle of Firewhiskey and poured himself a drink. He downed it and poured another. And another. And another. He sat there for hours, slowly drinking his stupidity away and staring at the fire.

The boys came tumbling in around one in the morning. He didn't even bother to scold them for being out so late or for the fact that they didn't look very sober. They took one glance at him and the half empty bottle of Firewhiskey before shuffling to their room without a word. He heard the door slam shut followed by giggles. He tried to block the noise out as best as he could. He stopped short when he heard a loud crash followed by a moan. He pointed his wand at the door and sent a silencing charm at it. He didn't want to hear that.

He downed two more cups of Firewhiskey before standing up, almost falling over as he did so. He was completely trashed. Managing to walk across the room, he opened the door with his wand and began climbing the steps out of the dungeon, gripping the rail and giggling the entire way. Severus came up in the Entrance Hall and found that he couldn't remember how to get to Remus's quarters. He stupidly turned in every direction, hoping it would come to him. He turned as he heard a laugh behind him.

"Lost Professor Snape?" Nearly Headless Nick asked him. "Yes." He slurred. Nearly Headless Nick raised an eyebrow, catching on to the fact that he was drunk. "Where are you trying to go, Professor?" Severus closed his eyes for a moment, feeling very dizzy. When he opened them again, the room was no longer spinning. "My boyfriend." He said. Nearly Headless Nick chuckled again. "Follow me." He said, slowly leading the way. Severus stumbled up the flights of stairs, clutching the rail as tightly as he could.

A blast of cold air coming from an open window hit him in the face. It sobered him up just enough to wonder how Nick knew who his boyfriend was. "How did you know where to go?" He slurred out. "I knew about you before anyone else did." Severus widened his eyes, but didn't reply as another wave of dizziness overtook him again.

They finally stopped in front of a door and Nick glided away, wishing him good luck. He raised his fist and banged on the door, louder than he realized. A few sleeping portraits awoke with a jolt and began yelling at him for the disturbance. The door swung open to reveal Remus in his pajamas. "Hellooo baaby!" He called, stepping past the man and stumbling into the living room. He was so happy to see him that he couldn't do anything beam around the room. He sat down on the couch, still beaming.

Remus came to sit in an armchair across from him, looking at him strangly. He looked so sexy with his hair all disheveled from sleeping and in his black boxers with a Muggle t-shirt on! "You look sexy baaaby!" He exclaimed, standing up and stumbling toward him. Remus just continued to stare at him. "Your drunk." He said flatly. He raised a finger to his lips. "Shh don't tell anyone." He giggled before remembering why he had came. "I'm sorry for.." What was he sorry for? He couldn't remember. Damn alcohol.

"What are you sorry for, Severus?" He said, rather harshly. "Sorry for hurting me? Sorry for lying to me and saying you loved me so I'd have sex with you? Sorry for showing up here drunk?"

He felt himself starting to tear up as the man yelled at him. He leaned forward to kiss him, but he moved away. "Let's go to bed." He slurred, attempting to stumble to the bedroom. Remus got up and stood in front of him. "Go to bed in the dungeons." Why was he saying that for? He wanted to stay with him! "I wanna stay with you babe!" He whined like a child. Remus's eyes narrowed at him. "Your not welcome here. Go home." He said coldly.

Severus let the tears that had been threatening to fall slip down his cheeks at his words. He was drunk, but he could tell that he wasn't wanted. He began stumbling over to the door, but stopped as a wave of nausea hit him. He puked right on the floor, his insides churning. He felt a hand on his back, but he shrugged it off as he continued to dry heave. Pulling out his wand, he siphoned the puke off of the floor before stumbling out of the room.

He ran into another body as he was trying to find his way down the stairs. "Professor?!" A bewildered voice exclaimed. He was blinded by light from a wand and was actually relieved to see that it was Granger. He knew she would help him back to the dungeons and keep her mouth shut. He felt dizziness again and gribbed the nearest thing to him, her shoulder.

She gasped in surprise, but didn't move. "Professor...are you drunk?" She asked timidly. He knew she could probably smell the liquor on his breath and clothes from where she was standing and could see him swaying. Not to mention see the fact that he was crying. The great scary git of the dungeons must be intoxicated if he's showing that much emotion. "Yes." He replied, trying to get his crying under control. No point in lying.

He felt an arm slip around his waist and he almost pulled back, but then realized that she was trying to help him walk down the stairs. Greatfully, he put his right arm around her shoulders and allowed himself to be led to the dungeons. The portrait gasped in horror as she saw him. "What happened dear?" She asked Hermione. "He's drunk." She whispered back. The portrait scanned him over before swinging forward to allow them access.

He took one step in and the smell of a potion he'd left brewing hit him. Hermione must have seen him turn green because she quickly ushered him to the bathroom. He got on his knees and leaned over the toilet bowl, puking everything he'd eaten that day up. He didn't protest as he felt her hand reach up and pull his hair back so it didn't get any puke in it.

After a few minutes, he stopped puking and flushed the toilet, leaning his head against the rim. He felt his hair being released and heard footsteps echoing out of the bathroom. He assumed the girl was leaving now that his puking was over, but she returned within the next minute.

He felt a cool washcloth being pressed to his face and a glass of water being pressed into his hand. Keeping his eyes closed, he gulped the water down, washing the taste of puke out of his mouth. He wiped the back of his mouth with his hand and leaned his back against the bathtub. "I'll be fine now." He mumbled.

She got up and stood in the doorway. "I'm going to sit in the living room where I can see you. I'm not going to leave and let you drown in your own puke." She informed him.

He must have passed out in the bathroom because when he next awoke he could smell breakfast coming from the Great Hall. The smell alone was enough to trigger his senses and make him puke into the toilet bowl once again. As he puked his guts up, he felt a hand rubbing his back. What the hell had happened last night? Obviously he had been drunk, but what had he done? And who was rubbing his back?

Once he finished vomiting, he turned to see that it was Harry. He was holding out a vial of hangover potion and he took it, swallowing the contents. He waited a few moments and he felt a little better, but not completely. His headache was completely gone, but he still felt slightly nauseous and his head was as fuzzy as ever. He must have been pretty drunk last night for the potion to not work fully.

He glanced at Harry and noticed that he looked hungover as well. That's when he had a memory come back to him. Harry and Draco stumbling in after curfew, looking fucked up. So they had been doing the same thing that he had been last night. "Hangover?" He croaked and Harry nodded. He didn't scold him for drinking, knowing that it would make him the worlds biggest hypocrite if he did. "Why don't you take some potion?" He asked. Harry closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Gave the last to you." He muttered.

Harry didn't have to do that, considering the potion hadn't even worked to the full effect on him. He stood up slowly, brushing his teeth and splashing water on his face before looking in the mirror. He looked terrible. Harry started walking out of the room, waving his hand at him to follow. He made to go in the living room and sit on the sofa, but he stopped as he saw Granger's sleeping form lying there. What the hell was she doing there?

He instead followed Harry into the kitchen and sat down at the table. He watched the boy begin rummaging through the cabinets. The smell of breakfast from the Great Hall was making him feel sick, so he really hoped that he wasn't going to try to cook. He groaned and put his head down at the table, willing this feeling to go away. He felt something being set down on the table and looked up to see that Harry had set down two glasses of ice water and some toast.

He chewed his toast and drank his water slowly, trying not to upset his stomach. Upon finishing, his head cleared greatly and memories from the previous night started to come back to him. He had gone to Remus's quarters. There had been shouting. He had cried. Oh god he had called him baby! He wasn't soft! He didn't use pet names like that! Oh god the man must think that he was a complete idiot! The memories began coming in flashes, not making sense.

He realized that he could only remember a few things. Another flash came to him and Hermione was helping him down the stairs, then as he puked over the toilet bowl. He guessed that he must have told her to stay, or she took it upon herself. At least he'd had Hermione there to help hi-God damnit! Why did he have to start referring to everyone by their first names when an emotional moment passed between them?

"I'll share if you share." Harry said. He glanced up at him, considering it for a moment. "Alright. You go first." He said, leaning back in his chair. "You have to promise not to punish us or get mad." If he was making him promise not to punish them, then it had to be bad. He wanted to punish them if it was something really bad, but he also wanted to know what they had done, so he promised not to punish them.

"We snuck out to a party in Hogsmeade." He said, looking sheepishly at him. "Well go on." He snapped. "We went with a couple of Ravenclaw's. The Hufflepuff's were too scared to go. We got there around nine and stayed until twelve forty five. Drank too much for own own good. Danced a lot. It was fun." He stated. Severus nodded. It sounded exactly like the kind of party that he would hate and refuse to go to. "Your turn."

Severus groaned. He had forgotten that he had promised to tell his story too. "Remus and I got in a fight so I sat on my ass and drank for hours. I somehow ended up in his quarters. We fought again and I'm pretty sure he kicked me out. Hermione somehow found me and brought me down here. I puked and I guess I fell asleep in the bathroom. That's all I can remember." Harry was goggling at him as he looked up. "Since when do you call Hermione by her first name?" Why did everybody always have to ask questions anytime he began calling someone by their first name?

"Since she helped me to not drown in my own vomit last night." He muttered. Harry laughed and launched into conversation about the next Quiddich match. Although no one in his house was speaking to him, save Hermione and the Weasley girl, they couldn't kick him off the team, so he was still playing Seeker. Conversation carried easily for the next few hours and they didn't even argue. As much as he hated to admit it, the kid was really starting to grow on him. He was nothing like his father and had grown up to be a very good person.

Hermione finally awoke around noon, coming into the kitchen rather timidly. He thanked her for helping him and she seemed to become less timid after that, offering to make them all lunch. He told her to go ahead, knowing that she wouldn't burn down the kitchen. Severus was surprised as she began to cook the Muggle way. She really was the brightest witch of her age, so he didn't understand why she was cooking the hard way. He supposed that this was what she was the most used to, considering she was Muggle-born.

Draco finally surfaced thirty minutes later, looking even more hungover than Harry did. There was something off about the two boys behavior. Draco had taken a seat next to him instead of the empty one next to Harry and the two hadn't so much as looked at each other since he entered the room. He didn't know what they had possibly be fighting about this time, but it had to be something big if they wouldn't even look at each other.

They sat in silence for a few minutes before Hermione brought lunch over to the table. She had cooked onion soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, nothing too upsetting on the stomach. After they had all finished, he sent the plates flying to the sink with a wave of his wand and they began washing themselves.

"Severus, could I talk to you in the living room?" Draco suddenly asked, not really surprising him. "Wanna go to the library Harry?" Hermione asked, aware of the fact that this was going to be a private discussion. "Sure." Harry mumbled, slipping his shoes on before exiting through the door with her. He waited until they were gone before walking into the living room with Draco. He took his usual armchair by the fire and Draco took the catch, laying down on it and covering his face with his arm. "What's wrong, Dragon?" He asked gently, using the pet name he had given him when he was little.

Draco didn't answer, just groaned and shook his head. "Does this have to do with why you and Harry are avoiding each other like the plague?" He asked. Draco nodded his head yes. At least they were getting somewhere. "Did you get in a fight?" He asked. Draco shook his head no and sat up. "This is really embarrassing to talk about, but I don't have anyone else to go to." Severus didn't answer, just waited for him to continue. He assumed it had to do with sex, whatever it was. "We...did something last night...that we've never done before...and I'm not sure how to...um..how to talk about it...I don't know if Harry regrets it, I mean we were drunk and..." He stopped, blushing scarlet.

He didn't reply for a minute, trying to figure out what they could have possibly done that he was so embarrassed about. Maybe last night was the first time they had gone all the way? "Was last night the first time you went all the way?" He asked. Draco shook his head. "No. We did that months ago." He blushed again, catching on to what he just said. "I mean um..." He chuckled and shook his head. Why were teenagers so embarrassed about the topic of sex?

"Your gonna have to give me some kind of hint if you do not wish to say it." He said, trying not to let his amusement show. "Um..well..it has to do with your mouth.." Okay, so oral sex. That narrowed it down to two possible things. "Front or back of your body?" He asked. Draco didn't answer for a moment. "Back." He finally whispered, becoming very interested at a spot in the floor. Ah, they had decided to try rimming. He knew some men were squimish about it, but he actually enjoyed it.

"Okay, so one of you didn't like it, or..?" He left the question hanging in the air. "Well we did at the time." He blushed before continuing. "But we were drunk and I don't know if that is the only reason why and I don't know if Harry would want to try it again and I'm so confused." He said this very fast, falling back into the couch cushions after he had finished.

He didn't know what possessed him to do it, but he decided to talk to the boy about his frustrations as well. He didn't know if it was because he wanted his own problems solved at the same time or because he needed to let him know it was normal to feel this way. "I know exactly how you feel." He said, watching as Draco's eyes widened. "You and Remus did that?" He asked. Severus rolled his eyes before answering. "No we did not do that, but we did have sex the other night as I am VERY sure you know." He said, watching as Draco tried not to laugh.

"We got into a fight yesterday because I pretty much accused him of having sex with me as a one time thing. I've never seen him that angry. He cursed at me and asked me if I meant it when I said I loved him. I was pissed off and lost in thought, so when I didn't answer right away, he took that as my answer and said he didn't think so before leaving. When I was under the influence last night, I visited him and he kicked me out, saying that I wasn't welcome there." He finished, looking at Draco.

He seemed to be lost in thought. "Do you love him?" He asked suddenly. Severus didn't answer for a moment, a bit taken aback by the question. "Yes, I do." He said. His feelings hadn't changed. He still loved the man with all that he was. "Then you need to find him and tell him. Don't just tell him that you love him. Tell him the reasons why you love him. Every single one, no matter how stupid or little that they seem."

He couldn't believe that he was taking relationship advice from a seventeen year old, but that's exactly what he was doing as he exited his quarters ten minutes later. He was going to find him and tell him why he loved him. He was going to find him and hope to god that the other man would believe him. That he would listen to him.

Just as he entered a corridor, he heard shouting from somewhere. He stopped for a minute to listen. "Fucking nasty blood traitor." A girls voice said. "Let's show him what being a pure blood is all about, shall we Avery?" The same voice asked. He began walking as fast as he could, pretty sure that he knew who they were talking to. Severus rounded the quarter just as the girl uttered a spell. "Cruci-" She never finished as a jet of light soared out of the air and hit her in the chest, leaving her unconcious. He had a feeling who had stupifed her.

Sure enough, Harry stepped out from under his cloak. "How dare you try to use the Cruciatus Curse on an eleven year old." He addressed Avery who immediately raised his wand. "Jacob, get behind me." He ordered and the Weasley boy did as he said, standing about ten feet behind him. "Levicorp-" Harry was cut off by Avery sending a spell at him. "Oppugno." A small silver knife that the boy had conjurned shot forward and stabbed Harry straight in the chest.

It didn't stop at one stab, pulling back and driving into his chest over and over again. He stood there, unable to moved, shocked to the point where he wasn't thinking. Jacob screamed at the top of his lungs. He tried to jump up and grab the knife, but he couldn't reach.

Blood stains appeared on Harry's shirt and he was horrified to see Avery laughing. Finally coming out of his immobile state, he charged forward "REDUCTO!" The knife shattered into thin air. Avery was standing there, shocked that he had been caught. He started to turn, but Severus stupified him with a nonverbal spell.

He turned to Harry and ripped off his shirt. The cuts were deep and he was quickly losing blood. He muttered the countercurse to Sectumsempra, hoping that it would hold up until he could get the boy to the hospital wing. "Is he going to be okay?" A terrified voice whispered from behind him.

He turned to see that Jacob was as white as a sheet and staring down at Harry's body. "I'm not sure. I need to get him help. Can you go find Professor McGonagall and tell her to come to the Hospital Wing?" The boy nodded. "Once you've done that find Mr. Filch and tell him to come down here and get Avery. Tell him I said to punish him anyway he see's fit until I can deal with him." Jacob nodded and hurried off down the hallway.

Severus turned back to Harry. The spell had helped with the bleeding some, but the wounds were still open and he was quickly losing blood. He needed to get Harry to the hospital wing as past of possible. Without a second thought, he picked him up and began running as fast as he could.

He reached the hospital wing, flinging the door open and running into the room. "POPPY!" He yelled and the mediwitch came running out of her office. She gasped as he lay Harry down on the bed. "Knife wounds. Bleeding a lot." He managed to get out as he struggled to catch his breath. She immediately set to work, muttering spells under her breath and making complicated wand movements in the air. Within a few minutes, all of his wounds were closed and the blood had been siphoned off of his chest.

Before he could ask how he was doing, the door burst open. "What happened?" Minerva asked, her voice sounding frantic. He told her the story, wincing at how bad it sounded. Minerva swept from the room in a fit of rage, headed toward Avery, no doubt. He would have delt with him himself, but he didn't want to leave Harry's side.

Severus turned back to him. He was stable, but there was no telling how long it would last. Harry had lost so much blood. Not thinking about what he was doing, he began stroking the boys hair. "Please be alright." He mumbled, letting his arms rest on his torso.

The doors slammed open again and he turned to see Remus striding toward him. He was so happy to see him, he needed him right now. Severus stood up and moved forward, ready to embrace the man. He stopped short as Remus shoved him in the chest, sending him flying backward onto the floor. "YOU!" Remus yelled, pointing a shaking finger at him. What the hell was his problem? Was he really trying to continue their fight from earlier at a time like this?

"Remu-" He was cut off as Remus began screaming at him again. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?" He screamed. What did he do to who? "What're you?" "TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO MY GODSON YOU HEARTLESS FUCKING BASTARD!" Remus shoved him again and he didn't even try to pull himself up as realization suddenly hit him. For the first time in his entire life, Severus Snape let his jaw drop.