Retarded In Love

Chapter 12

I started to walk away, and suddenly felt light-headed. I stopped, wobbled, and hunched over, setting my hands on my knees. My feet seemed to spin underneath me. Everything seemed loud, and my heartbeat seemed to grow louder and echo throughout my entire body.

"Hey... Whoa, Ellie!" Bam's arm gripped my shoulder as I wobbled once more. I fell into him. I heard more footsteps and another arm around my shoulder, holding me steady. I shook my head and blinked a few times.

"Are you ok?" Dunn asked.

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm ok." I looked up, squinting at the sun. "Just stood up too fast. Head rush."

I forced myself to take a step, and pushed the dizziness into the back of my mind.

***

Eventually, most of the people left when started to get dark. Dunn, Bam, Maria, and myself were sitting cross-legged in the front yard laughing and carrying on. We relived old memories, told stupid jokes, embarrassing stories, and just relaxed. I loved it. I would miss it. But hopefully, the people I ended up working with would be somewhat friendly and relaxed like this. I wonder what they're like...

"Ellie... Someone is here to see you." Maria smiled and woke me from my stupor.

I looked over and saw David's car pull into the driveway. I was excited, but my heart still sank. I loved David with everything I had. We were supposed to get married, high school sweethearts, the all-American dream was supposed to be ours, but... The next morning I was going to leave for who-knows how long...

He stood in front of me and I looked up at him, smiling slightly. He extended his hand, and I took it, pulling myself up from the ground. He kissed me quickly before lacing our fingers and leading me back to his car. I turned and waved to my friends before climbing in the passenger seat and watching David walk around the car. Once he was seated, he leaned over and kissed me again, tenderly. His fingers touched my face delicately as he slid his tongue across my bottom lip slowly. I sighed, and he pulled away, smirking as starting the car.

We drove for a while in silence, and I have to admit it was awkward. I suspected he was feeling the same way I was about the situation. To be honest, I thought he was going to leave me. It would be a sad thing, but maybe it would be better off for him not to worry about me when I'm gone... I stared out the window at nothing and contemplated both situations when David stopped the car in a familiar driveway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read.
Comment.
Subscribe.
Feedback?
Please and Thank You!