Retarded In Love

Chapter 18

Conversations started up, and I found myself snapping pictures. I went down the line, taking a snapshot of everyone. After a while of sitting to myself, camera in hand, I felt someone come and sit on the other side of me. I set my camera down and turned to face the body now sitting to my left.

"Hey... I didn't mean anything by the girl comment." Ehren said with a small chuckle.

"You weren't lying or anything." I couldn't help but giggle.

"Yeah, but thinking back it seemed kinda rude, and I didn't want you to think I'm some asshole."

I smiled. "Don't worry. I don't think you're an asshole."

He smiled back. "So, anyway... Ha. This is kinda awkward, huh? Sitting in a room with mostly strangers. Knowing you're going to spend a lot of time with these people?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Bam actually told Jeff I would do it without asking me. I just found out I was on the cast two days ago."

"Wow. Bam's a character."

"That he is. I love the shithead. I couldn't ask for a better brother."

We both laughed and talked to each other for a few minutes before Dunn joined in the conversation. We went over old childhood memories and injury stories and ideas for stunts and things we were looking forward to doing. With all the conversations, it started to get really loud. My head was pounding. I felt a familiar sickly feeling deep in my stomach and tried my hardest to fight it. I started to shake. I looked over at Dunn and he immediately knew what was going on. I stood up without warning and sprinted for the door.

Since we were on the second story of the building, I threw my body against the railing and started to dry heave and shake violently. I was shaking, because I hated vomiting. It always scared me. And I didn't know why I was getting sick. I felt fine a few minutes ago. I could hear everyone in the room a few feet from me asking what was going on. I heard footsteps and then felt someone brush my hair away from my face and lay it behind my shoulder before rubbing my back softly.

"You ok, Ell?" Dunn asked.

I tried to answer, but all that came out was a gargling sound. He patted me gently before turning and walking into the room, saying, "Everything's ok. She just hasn't felt well lately."

I could hear small conversations start back up as Dunn walked back in the room and shut the door. Soon, I stopped gagging. I stood up straight and took a few deep breaths in. The air was warm and humid, and it didn't make me feel any better. I heard the door open and close. Footsteps. Then Steve-O appeared beside me.

"Here. Bam told me to give this to you." He said, handing me a bottle of water. He took a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and lit one up.

I took the cap off the water and drank half the bottle quickly. I was really thirsty, but i hadn't vomited. There was nothing in my stomach to throw up.

"So." Steve-O said, exhaling. I watched the smoke spiral up from his cigarette.

"So. That was embarrassing." I put the cap back on the bottle and looked over at him when he started to laugh.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure someone will top that." He laughed some more. I loved his low raspy voice...

I nodded and looked out at the parking lot. It was silent for a while.

"So, you've got a boyfriend, huh?" He asked.

I turned to face him, and he was staring at me with that same intent look from before. "Yes." I tried to give him that 'back off' look, but apparently failed miserably.

Without looking away from my eyes, he took a step closer to me. Then, he looked me over slowly, obviously looking down my top. He smirked. "That's too bad." And then he turned and walked back into the room.

I stood there, stupefied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dedicated to tono2221 and Tiffy Christ; Thanks for your comments! I appreciate it. <3

Read.
Comment.
Subscribe.
Feedback?
Please and Thank You!