Retarded In Love

Chapter 1

I loaded my bags into the trunk and made my way to the front of the car. After taking a deep breath, I opened the door and climbed in. I couldn't believe it, after almost three years, I was going home. Well, close enough to home. I didn't think I could face my mother just yet. I just hate admitting that she was right.

"Ellie... I'm glad you're back. I've missed you," Maria said from the driver's seat. I looked over at her and smiled. God, I'd missed her...

"Thanks Maria, I've missed you too, and... I'm glad to be home." She smiled that big smile I missed too much, and I couldn't help but laugh and lean in to hug her.

She started the car and I reached over to adjust the radio. I flipped through many stations, and after not finding anything, turning the radio off and sitting back against my seat and peering out of the window. I heard Maria sigh and put in a CD. She pressed a few buttons before Josh Groban started to play. I felt Maria's hand pat my knee comfortingly before returning to the wheel. My eyes never left the passing scenery, and I absentmindedly counted trees as I listened.

I always thought
That it was me
You made it clear
With that last kiss
You couldn't live a life
With maybe's and whatif's


I fought tears now and closed my eyes. I rested my head against the seat and tried my hardest to block everything out. I was supposed to be the strong, mature one. I was supposed to be the one who was unaffected by this. I'm the badass Ellie Margera who doesn't give a shit about anything... What a load of crap...

"Ell... Wake up, hon. We're here." Maria lightly tapped my shoulder, and I was instantly awakened. I looked over at her and smiled slightly before getting out of the car, stretching, and looking around. Maria had stopped at a pretty little house, the kind you would see in children's picture books. I wandered to the back of the car and opened the trunk, but a hand stopped me from grabbing my bags. I looked up and recognized the face instantly. He smiled wide and I threw my arms around him. He pulled me close, smashing my face into his chest, but I didn't mind.

"Oh, David! It's so great to see you!" I said.

He smiled. "You too, Ellie. Gosh, I haven't talked to you in years. All I know is what Maria told me... I can't wait to catch up and hear everything."

I looked away, not looking forward to this conversation. Maria obviously noticed my discomfort, and suggested we went inside. I silently agreed and followed her inside while David grabbed my bags.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read.
Comment.
Subscribe.
Feedback?
Please and Thank You!