Retarded In Love

Chapter 42

"Ellie... Ell, we're here..." Dunn mumbled and lifted his head from my shoulder. I grunted softly and lifted my head off Liz's shoulder, who had her head on Bam's shoulder, who had his head against the window. I could hear soft snores coming from his direction. I looked over at Dunn who was rubbing his eyes roughly, staring out the window at the approaching runway. I shook Liz lightly, and she woke with a start, causing Bam to jump and hit his head on the window. I giggled slightly as Liz apologized, holding back giggles.

We got off the plane and made our way through the terminal, me still half asleep. Liz locked her arm in mine as we headed toward the baggage claim with the mob of other passengers. I looked over at her, and she smiled weakly as she pulled me to the other side of the carousel, away from Bam and Dunn.

"I'm nervous, Ellie," she said as she looked for our bags, never looking up.

"Why are you nervous?" I turned her to face me.

"Well... It just hit me that I don't know Bam that well. We've been together for like a week, and here I am across the country with him. I'm afraid we're moving too fast, and your friends and parents won-"

"Elizabeth, dear, don't be silly. My mom will adore you, and so will my father. As for our friends, that's one of the stupidest things to worry about. Bam likes you, and I adore you, so will they. And, so what if you haven't known Bam that long? Everything happens for a reason, whether it experience or future. It's all in the stars, it's all about fate..."

"Elanore, you read too much Shakespeare... But thanks." She giggled and gave me a quick hug before grabbing her bags off the carousel, before Bam, who had came over to help, took one of them in his free hand. I grabbed two of my bags, and Dunn took my third. We headed off toward the front of the terminal where our ride was waiting. I had no idea who it was, though.

"Why do girls have so much shit?" Bam asked, pushing me slightly.

"Don't even start, Bam, I will kick your ass right here in the airport."

He chuckled, then Dunn chimed in. "Yeah, it's like... They need twice as much shit as us."

"Just because women like to look their best, and we actually bathe and change clothes." Liz pushed Bam back for me as we approached the front of the place.

I looked around at the people holding signs with names scrawled across them. I didn't see anyone I recognized, or our names. We wandered around for a while, looking around aimlessly for anyone we knew. I looked at Bam who had a goofy grin on his face, I looked to the other side of me at Dunn who was dumbfounded, and then I looked at Liz who had a worried expression that clouded her confused eyes. I looked back over at Dunn, who grinned at something in front of him.

I turned, and saw someone in a black hoodie, sunglasses, and an olive green beanie who was turned sideways, glancing out the window at the people walking the street. I couldn't quite tell who it was at first, but when he turned to face us and took off his sunglasses, I dropped my bags and sprinted at my big brother.

"Jess, oh my God!" I squealed as I jumped into his open arms.

"Ellie, oh my God!" He hugged me tight and imitated my tone.

"I thought you were off with the band doing something!" I screamed into his chest. I was so excited, I hadn't seen Jess in months.

"I was, but did you honestly think I would miss an opportunity to see my little sister again?" He spun me around quickly, lifting my legs from the ground. I was still clinging to him and I giggled.

"Ah, I love you Jess!"

"Love you too, Ells." He set me down and let go, because Bam, Liz, and Dunn had caught up to me. Dunn's arms were shaking under the weight of our four suitcases, and I quickly took them from him. I spotted Novak standing by a blue Suburban that was probably borrowed from one of our countless friends smoking a cigarette. I dragged the bags towards the door, and some nice person opened the door for me. I thanked them, and Novak jogged toward me to take the bags.

Once we had them in the truck, Novak pulled me into a loose, one-armed hug and smiled wide. "Welcome home."

I took the cigarette from his fingers and took a long drag, feeling the smoke fill my lungs slowly. I exhaled and handed it back. "Thanks."

"Since when do you smoke?" He chuckled.

"Since now."

He smiled, shook his head, and opened the passenger door for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read.
Comment.
Subscribe.
Feedback?
Please and Thank You!