Retarded In Love

Chapter 4

I woke up suddenly, and looked to my left. No one. Nothing. The familiar sting of tears hit my eyes in an instant, and I fought them. Getting up from the bed quickly, I rummaged through my bags quickly. After finding my cigarettes, I made my way to the big glass sliding doors. I walked across the balcony and leaned against the railing, lighting a cigarette. Taking a drag, I wiped my eyes with my free hand. I had never felt this low in my entire life. There was just one little fact I could not get over, and it wasn't a little thing at all. I loved him. I loved him with everything I had and all I was to him was a good time. And believe me, they were good times, but I want more in my life than drunken escapades. I want to love and have it returned.

I dropped my cigarette to the floor and stamped it out slowly, then stared out at the trees for a while before making my way back inside. I grabbed my photo album then walked down the stairs slowly. I saw Maria in the living room, sitting on the sofa, reading quietly. She must have heard me, because she looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back weakly and sat down next to her. I was just about to say something when a big shaggy dog appeared in front of me, tail wagging furiously.

"This is Simon. He's harmless." Maria laughed, patting his head.

I smiled and rubbed his ears gently as Maria took the photo album from my lap.

"Look at those crazy kids." She giggled, opening it to a picture of herself, David, and I on graduation day. She flipped to a page closer to the front. "Oh! How cute! Little-kid Bam and his sister... You two look so much alike."

"Shut up, I'm going to hit you!" I laughed.

"No, you do! Think about it. Same blue eyes, dark hair... The only difference is he's taller and your hair is straight."

I rolled my eyes and watched as she flipped the page again. We went on reminiscing for quite a while, before she closed the book and looked at me. "Ellie... Tell me what happened. I want to hear the whole story."

I simply nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so the next part on is going to be Ellie's story. It's not written like she was talking to Maria. Just thought I would let you know, it's going to sound odd.

Read.
Comment.
Subscribe.
Feedback?
Please and Thank You!