Status: Finished ♥

To Love or Not to Love

One

Image


My day started out as usual. I woke up, took ten minutes getting ready, shower and all, then walked down the street to my job at Dairy Queen. "Hey John." John, the manager, looked up from what he was doing and smiled. "Hey Dani, ready for school?" I laughed, "Ready as I'll ever be."

Where I live, everyone knows everyone. And if you don't, then you're either new, or you scare people. My life is sort of like the show Gilmore Girls, except I'm more like Lorelai and my mom is more like Rory.

***


The day went by pretty slow, as usual. After work at 1:30, I walked to my best friend Gabby's house. "So, how are things with Jason?" I asked teasingly as I sat on her bed. She smiled "We're official!" We both squealed and she jumped up and down clapping.

Once she settled down she sat next to me "So, when are you gonna get a boyfriend? Or at least a date. After wards you just tell the guy you never want to see him again." I laughed and laid down. "Oh, I don't know Gabs, I guess it depends on if a guy wants to date me." I said.

"Why wouldn't they? You're hott!" I raised an eyebrow at her. "Ok, now I'm a bit creeped out." She poked me. "You know what I mean." she said, giving me a face. The door opened and her mom walked in. "Yens will have to finish this tomorrow. Dani, your mom just called and it's time for you to go home." I nodded "Kay. See ya later Gabby."

As I walked home I saw a moving van by the house next door. "Hey mom, do you know who's moving in next door?" She shrugged "Not sure, honey. Go wash up, dinner'll be in 10 minutes" I walked up to my room and looked out my window to see two little red head girls running around the yard next door. "Danielle dinner's ready!" My mom yelled up the stairs "Coming!"

***


"Um, so dad, Brian Nikhols is having a small party tonight, and I was wondering if, maybe, I might be able to go?" My dad took a drink of his water then looked to me "I don't see why not." he said and I smiled "Thank you daddy!" I squealed than ran upstairs and got ready. I got dressed then grabbed my black leather jacket and cell phone then ran out the door.

"Why hello there smexy." someone said from behind. I smiled knowing exactly who it was. I turned around and sure enough, it was Brandon Jennison. "Brandon I told you to stop talking to yourself." I teased and he laughed. "Was that an insult or a compliment?" I shrugged "Whatever you want it to be, your royal smexyness!" I curtsied playfully with a laugh then continued walking.

"So you on your way to Nikhols' party?" I smiled "Nothing gets past you does it Jennison?" He should his head with a grin and put his arm around my shoulder. "Nope, nothin!!" I rolled my eyes with a smile as we continued walking. Brandon and I weren't necessarily close, but in a small town like this, almost everyone was your friend.

Once we arrived at the Nikhols' house Brandon automatically removed his arm, not wanting to give anyone the wrong impression. I just shook my head and laughed quietly as I walked into the house without him. "Hey Dani, can I take your coat?" Brian Nikhols' little brother Matt asked. I smiled at the boy. Matt is a freshman at the High School and has had the hugest crush on me since we were kids. "Well aren't you the gentleman." I said as I handed him my coat.

He grinned and bowed low. "Only for you Milady!" I laughed as he straightened. "Nice." He winked then walked off with my jacket and I walked into the crowd. I walked around the crowded house, saying hi to random people as I passed. In my town, yes my town, I'm pretty popular I guess you could say, so I had a lot of people stopping me to talk. Anywho, back to the story.

Just as an upbeat song started someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to see the ever smirking Nick Shilton. "Hey Dani, wanna dance?" I shrugged with a smile. "Sure." We walked to the middle of the dance floor, which was actually just the living room, and danced to the beat.

Once the song ended he grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the deck where I sat on the porch swing, him following suit. "So, you seein anyone?" he asked. "Well," I started, "I'm seeing the dentist in a few weeks, but other than that no." He smirked and said "Good." Then pulled me in and kissed me.

Before I could even respond he was already trying to shove his tongue down my throat. I pulled away quickly and scooted away. "Well. Thanks for that, but I have to go home and barf now." I stood from the swing and darted into the house. "Hey Matt." I called. "Where's my coat?"

"It's in the back, want me to get it?" I smiled gratefully. "Would you? That'd be great. I'll be out front." He nodded and walked off towards the back of the house and I walked to the front of the house. I walked outside to see Nick and some blond making out. "Well you recover quickly." I commented.

He simply waved his hand to shoo me off and continued making out, making me scoff loudly. "Jerk." Matt soon came out with my jacket. "You're leaving already?" He asked as he handed it to me and I nodded. "Yeah I got some stuff to do." I lied easily. Really I was just bored, the party was kinda slow. He shrugged with a smile. "Ok, I'll see you tomorrow at school then!" I smiled and waved "Laters!"
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=47329795 <<<<Dani's outfit

I know this one is kinda short, but hey.
I wrote/finished this a couple years ago, so as soon as I get each chapter typed up, I'll post. Anywho I hope you like it!