Status: Finished ♥

To Love or Not to Love

Two

Image


"Danielle Rose! Get up!"
I sat up in bed and stretched with a groan. "Alright, alright I'm up." I mumbled. I walked over to my stereo and smiled when the music started blasting through the speakers. I sang along as I got dressed and fixed my hair, grabbed my things, then ran downstairs. "Bye mom, love you!" I called and she waved as I skipped out the door.

I walked down the street to my favorite diner in the world, Charlie's! I walked up to the register with exactly $3.25. "Hey Dani!" Charlie called from the kitchen. "Just leave it on the counter."

"Thanks Charlie!" I called back as I laid the money on the counter. I grabbed the large coffee and giant, fresh baked, blueberry muffin that was set out for me then left. I ate the muffin while walking and by the time I finished I was at my school.

Coulter High. Very original name no? I walked to my locker and made sure to put my phone in my pocket then shoved my bag in. I started walking to the office to get my schedule when the intercom beeped on. "Danielle Brookes to the principals office." I let out a pretty loud laugh. "Wow. Back for ten minutes and I'm already in trouble. Must be a record!" I walked to the principals office and knocked on the door when I arrived. "Come in!"

I walked into the room to see the principal, Mr. Marsh, and a cute red headed boy. "Am I interrupting something?" I asked politely as I poked my head in the door. "Not at all." Mr. Marsh began. "Have a seat please, Danielle." He motioned me into the room and I sat in the remaining chair next to the red head. "Danielle, this is Rupert Grint. Rupert this is--"

"Danielle Brookes!" I interrupted, sticking my hand out to the guy. "But you can call me Dani." The guy shook my hand with a smile and Mr. Marsh continued. "Now Danielle, I've called you here for a favor." I raised an eyebrow at him. "Okay?"He shook his head lightly with a laugh. "The favor is, Mr. Grint here needs someone to show him around, keep him up to speed... protect him..." He muttered the last part and I laughed with my head tilted slightly.

"Why does he need protection?" I suddenly gasped dramatically, put my hand to my hand, and looked at Rupert seriously. "You don't listen to the Backstreet Boys do you?" He laughed "No I don't." His accent was super cool! I let out a dramatic sigh "Well that's a relief!"I winked at him and he and Mr. Marsh laughed. "So you'll do it?" Mr. Marsh asked. I smiled wide with a nod "Sure!"

***


After we got Rupert a locker and his schedule matched to mine, we went to Chemistry class. I sat on top of a desk in the back and he sat in the one next to me. "So where do you live now?" I asked. "Um. 324 Redwood." I choked on the giant gulp of coffee I'd just taken. "Really? You're my new neighbor!" He smiled brightly, making his blue eyes crinkle a little. "Cool!"

"Alright class settle down." Miss Albright said as she walked into the classroom. I moved so I was sitting properly in the desk as she continued. "Please turn to the person on your right and say hello." I turned to Rupert with a grin "Hiya."

"Hi." he responded with a laugh. "You've just greeted your permanent partner for this class. Now, I'm giving you an assignment. You and your partner have to create a DNA scale. You have until next Monday to finish it."

***


On the way back home Rupert and I stopped at Charlie's. "Hey Charlie! Two coffee's to go please!" I all but yelled, even though he was standing at the register. He let out one of his laughs that seem to come right from his belly. "Two? Going a little heavy on the caffeine there, Dani?"

"No!" I replied quite childlike. "One for me and one for my new friend Rupert here."
"Oh ok." Charlie winked and I rolled my eyes at him as he got us the coffee. I handed him the money, grabbed the coffee, then waved. "Bye!" he sang cheerily.

Rupert and I talked all the way to my house, mostly about school and how he thought he did on the first day. I started searching for my keys as we reached my house, but came up short. "Shoot!" I yelled. Rupert looked at me with wide confused eyes "What's wrong?" I sighed and slumped my shoulders. "I forgot my keys... Gosh Darnit!" I pounded hard on the door then looked at my hand with a small pout. "Ow." Rupert laughed at my insanity. "You can stay at my house until your parents get home."

I tilted my head at him. "Would your mom mind? My parents wont be home until like nine tonight." He waved a hand in the air to dismiss the thought. "Nah, she wont mind. She's been nagging me to meet the neighbors since we got here. She'll be simply beside herself!" I shrugged "Okey dokey." I said then pointed a finger at him with one eye closed. "But no funny business, capisce?" He laughed and shook his head "You're weird you know that?"I pushed his shoulder playfully "Flattery won't get you anywhere, friend."

Once we walked into his house a little red headed girl ran up to us excitedly. "Hi Rupert! How was school? Did you miss me? We made cookies today! Who's your friend?" I laughed "Well she's a bit hyper now isn't she?"

"This is Dani our new neighbor." Rupert explained to the girl. "Dani this is my littlest sister Charlotte." Before I could respond a tall dark haired boy, almost identical to Rupert, walked up, and Charlotte ran off. "Oh ho! Who's your lady friend eh?"He asked. I snorted loudly then quickly put my hand over my mouth and laughed even harder.

"This is Dani from next door. Dani this is my brother James." I calmed down and held out my hand "Pleased to meet ya!" He kissed my hand with a playful wink "Pleasure's all mine." Rupert pulled me away. "Great, now she has to burn her hand and she wont ever be able to do homework again." My eyes went wide and I pulled away from Rupert to throw my hands towards James.

"Quick, James! Kiss the other one!" James laughed "Sorry, love, wouldn't want to deprive you of homework." he said then turned to Rupert with a grin. "So big brother, what makes you think that if she fell for you she wouldn't fall harder for my devilishly charming good looks?"

I snorted again, but didn't try to hide it this time. "Dudes, chill. So are yinz British?"
"No, just really good actors." Rupert said smiling like he knew something I didn't. I looked from him to James then back. "Right." They laughed then James suddenly yelled. "Oi, Mum! Rupert's gone and brought himself home a lady friend!"I sighed. "I have a name you know." James smirked. "Right. What was your name again Dani?" He winked at me still smirking and I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Oh I don't know I seem to have forgotten." I turned to Rupert and put on a really bad British accent. "You, good sir. Could you possibly tell me my name? After-wards can you point me to the loo? Oh, and maybe he can watch something on the telly with us. Well pip pip, cheerio, and-" I dropped the British accent in defeat. "Aw screw it."I heard laughing behind and turned to see Mrs. Grint.

"Hey Mum." Rupert said with a smile. "This is Dani from next door. Can she stay til later? She forgot her keys." Mrs. Grint smiled a very motherly smile "Of course she can!" she said cheerfully. Rupert smiled gleefully. "Thanks Mum! We're going to my room." James stood up smiling mischievously "And don't worry, I'll chaperon them."

We walked up to Rupert's room and the first thing I noticed was the black karaoke machine in the corner. I squealed happily as I ran up to it. "This is freeking awesome!" Rupert grinned. "You wanna try it?" I stroked my chin, pretending to be deep in thought, then shrugged. "I suppose. But I warn you now, I suck." They laughed and said in chorus. "Suuuuure."

I picked Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne and started to sing and dance. When I finished both boys jumped on the bed clapping and yelling "Encore, on core!" I laughed and bowed playfully "Thank you! Thank you very much!"

***


Rupert, James, and I sat on the couch watching The Benchwarmers with both boys occupying the ends and me sitting between them. I laid my head on Rupert's shoulder and drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/rupert_dani/set?id=47072068
YAY!!!
BTW I know Rupert has 3 sisters. LOL