Status: Finished ♥

To Love or Not to Love

Twenty One

Image


"I'm nervous Gabs." I said as we walked from her house to mine. She wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Don't worry, you have a great voice!" she said and I sighed softly. "I'm not sure that's why I'm nervous." She smiled and nodded all knowingly. Or so she thinks she is. "Ah, I see. Well, all I have to say is, if something doesn't happen tonight, I'm going to slap both of you." I laughed then looked to the ground bashfully. "I don't know Gabs." She stopped walking to look me straight in the face. "Well I do. So just be the lovable Dani I know and everything will work out." I smiled at her with a nod then we continued walking.

***


To say so myself, I look damn good. Gabby had curled my hair into soft ringlets and added a small white bow. I also had on sparkly white-ish green eye shadow that went perfectly with my dress and shoes. "Lovely." Gabby said in a funny accent with a smile. The doorbell rang and I gave her a funny face then ran down the steps. I took a deep breath then opened the door to see Rupert in a light green shirt, white tie, and black dress pants. "What? No dress robes from hell?" I asked with a smirk and he laughed. "No, not tonight. You ready?" I nodded with a smile. "Yep. Let me just grab my jacket." As I walked to the closet I looked up the stairs to see Gabby giving me a thumbs up. I waved to her then threw on my jacket and walked out with Rupert.

"You look really pretty." He said, his cheeks and ear a light red. I turned to him with a smile and a blush of my own. "Thanks Rupert, you look pretty too. Er, well, you know what I mean." He let out a small laugh. "Yes I know what you mean. So, do you want to get something to eat? We're pretty early." I nodded. "Food sounds yummy. How about Charlie's?" He extended his arm towards Charlie's and I walked to it with a big smile. "Oh Charlie my love!" I yelled in a high pitched voice as I sat on a bench at the counter.

Rupert sat next to me as Charlie came out of the back, smiling. "Hello, Dani my love. What will it be?" he asked. "I'll have the usual of course." He nodded then we both looked over at Rupert. Poor guy looked to me with a hopeless expression and I laughed at how cute it was. "He'll have the same." I said. Charlie winked then walked back into the kitchens and Rupert turned back to me again. "So what's 'The Usual'?" he asked, using air quotes, and I smiled. "A double cheeseburger, no cheese, mustard, or mayo. Extra ketchup and extra fries on the side."

"Sounds good." he said and I nodded. "It is!" I replied then took a sip of the Pepsi Charlie had just set in front of me. Rupert took a gulp of his then asked. "So, are you nervous?" I shrugged. "A bit. I'll be fine when I get up there though." He smiled, nudged my arm, then started singing in a bad Jamaican accent. "Don't worry, about a thing. Cuz every little thing, is gonna be alright!" I laughed and playfully pushed his arm. "You're insane." I said. He flashed me a cheesy smile. "I learned from the best."

I poked his arm. "You had better be talking about me."
"Yes you, weirdo." he said then stole on of my fries when Charlie sat our food in front of us. "Get your own!" I yelled and he pouted. "But yours are so much better!" he whined. We looked at each other with serious faces for a second then burst out laughing.

***


A kid named Bobby Brice was trying, and failing, to do stand up comedy as I watched from backstage. "Danielle, you're next!"Mrs. Shelds said. I nodded, even though she had already walked away. "Hello." Rupert said as he rested an arm across my shoulders. "Butterflies, Roo. I've got butterflies." He gave me a sort of one armed hug. "You'll do great, love. Just look at me when you sing." I finally looked up at him, smiled, and kissed his cheek. "You're up Dani!" Someone yelled. Rupert gave me one last smile, kissed my cheek, then walked back out into the crowd.

I took a deep breath then walked onto the stage. The spotlights came on me and the crowd cheered as I made my way to the middle of the stage. The cheering died down as the music started and I smiled at Rupert then began to sing.

Hey!

Ready for the big time, ready for the small
Whatever's comin' to me, I'll be ready for it all
Sometimes it ain't easy, sometimes its not polite
Some days I don't get it, some days I get it right

It's in my heart, it's in my head
That's what I said

Hey Boys are you ready for the shock
I'm living proof, the girls can rock
Spread the news around every single block
Hey boys, the girl can rock

Standin' in the spotlight workin' up a sweat
Givin' all I got and lovin' what I get
I can't hold back what I feel inside
And if I make you nervous, you better step aside

Hey Boys are you ready for the shock
I'm living proof, the girls can rock
Spread the news around every single block
Hey boys, the girl can rock

The girl can rock
Don't say maybe or call me 'baby'
I ain't crazy at all

Hey Boys are you ready for the shock
I'm living proof, the girls can rock
Spread the news around every single block
Hey boys, the girl can rock

Hey Boys are you ready for the shock
I'm living proof, the girls can rock
Spread the news around every single block
Hey boys, the girl can rock

I'm gonna live it up
I'll never give it up
I'm gonna spread the news around the block
It ain't no shock...the girl can rock

Yeah, Rock!


As I was singing everyone, including me, was dancing and when I finished they burst into cheers. I laughed and gave a bow then ran back stage. "You were brilliant Dani!" Rupert practically screamed as he walked up to me. I laughed as he pulled me into a hug and spun me around. "Thanks Roo!" I said when he put me down. "Eh, I've seen better." Someone said from behind. I began to turn around with a glare but it quickly turned into a grin when I saw Dan and Emma's beaming faces. "Oh my God!" I yelled as I pulled them both into a big hug.

"I pulled away and quickly smacked Dan's arm. "That was so not funny. I was fully prepared to kick your ass." Suddenly I thought of something then turned to Rupert and smacked his arm too. "Why didn't you tell me they were here?" He laughed as he rubbed his arm. "It's called a surprise." I stuck my tongue out at him then turned back to the other two. "There's someone you have to meet." I grabbed Dan's hand and pulled him, he grabbed Emma's hand, and she grabbed Rupert's hand. So in all I was pulling three people.

I'm going to need a nap after this one. I pulled them over to James and his red headed date Lily. Dan, Emma, you remember James?" I said. The three said their hello's and I smirked. "And this is James' date Lily Evans." Dan and Emma's eyes widened. After a moment Dan turned to Emma."Do you want punch? I want punch. I'm thirsty." he said quickly then power walked over to the punch bowl. Emma let out a little laugh then ran after him. Rupert and I burst out laughing and James and Lily just stared at us confused. "What is so bloody funny?" James asked.

I rolled my eyes at him then turned to Lily with a smile. "It was very nice to meet you, Lily. I'm Dani by the way." I said then grabbed Rupert's hand and pulled him away. "That was so weird." Dan said after he chugged a glass of punch. Emma nodded in agreement. Rupert and I just laughed until I spotted Gabby walk in with her boyfriend Jason. "I'll be right back." I said to the three then walked over to her. "Hello there. I'm afraid you've missed the best part. Might as well go home. Go on now, off with you."

"I'm so sorry I missed it!" she exclaimed and I giggled. "S'alright. Rupert and I can rein-act it for you later. Hullo Jason!" Jason chuckled "Hey Dani." I grabbed one of each of their hands. "Come on, I've got people for you to meet." I pulled them over to Dan, Emma, and Rupert and held out my arm, quite like Vana. "Dan, Emma, this is my bestie Gabby and her boyfriend Jason. Gabs, Jay, this is... well you know who they are." I think Gabby's face would have broke in half if she smiled any bigger.

"I grabbed Rupert's hand and slowly started backing away. "No gushing." I said quietly to Gabby then addressed the whole group "Chat amongst yourselves."I pulled Rupert to a corner of the room and grinned. "I am such a good person." We both looked to the stage as the DJ started a slow song, then looked back to each other. "May I have this dance?" Rupert asked, holding up our still entwined hands. I smiled up at him, blushing slightly. "I thought you'd never ask." He led me towards the middle of the dance floor, twirled me a bit, then pulled me into his chest as we began to dance.

I listened to the lyrics of the song as we danced silently. 'What if I told you, it was all meant to be...' The more I listened the more nervous I became, the more nervous I became the more I noticed how close we were together, which in turn made me even more nervous. I was trying to think of something, anything to say when I heard Rupert's voice. "Dani listen, I -- Well I just want you to know-" he babbled then sighed, stopped dancing, and looked me in the eye. "I want to be the Ron to your Hermione."

I stared up at him with my head tilted slightly, not really sure what he was saying. "What?" I asked and he sighed again. "I want to be the Han to your Leia, the Luke to your Lorelai. You are the wind beneath my wings!" I bright smile crept onto my lips as he continued on. "I can even sing it for you if you'd like-"

"Just shut up and kiss me, silly ginger." I said then stood on my tiptoes and kissed him square on the lips. When we pulled away he looked down at me with a smile that lit up his eyes. "Will you be the Leia to my Han?" he asked and I laughed. "If it will get you to kiss me again."

He nodded and I shrugged then grinned as he kissed me again, this time with more urgency. "Will all the contestants for the talent show please make their way to the stage." Principal Marsh's voice rang through the speakers, totally ruining the moment. I pecked Rupert on the lips one more time then started walking off. Rupert lightly smacked my butt and I winked at him with a giggle then continued walking. Once all us contestants were on the stage Principal Marsh began again. "Now you've all done a fantastic job, but only one of you will receive the prize." He opened an envelope and smiled "And the winner is..." he paused for a moment, for dramatic effect I suppose. "Danielle Brookes!"

My eyes widened and I punched the air very unlady like. "Booyah!" i yelled then cleared my throat and walked over to him. He handed me an envelope then placed a plastic tiara on on head. "Congratulations Dani." he said. I grinned at him then turned to the crowd. "Thankies and huggles to all of yinz. You're all on my Christmas card list!" I yelled, giving them all the rock on sign. I climbed off the stage then ran back to Rupert and hugged him tightly. "I freeking can not believe I won!"

"I can." he said with a smile. I giggled. "That's because: You are the wind beneath my wings!" I sang jokingly. "I think I hear our first karaoke contestants!" Brandon, who was apparently in charge of karaoke, yelled. The spotlights fell on me and Rupert. We looked to each other, shrugged, then walked up onto the stage together.

***


"And I can fly higher than an eagle." Rupert sang. "Cause you are the wind beneath my wings." We finished together then kissed, receiving even louder cheers from the crowd. "Bout time!" Dan, Emma, James, and Gabby all yelled over the crowd. "Not cool!" I yelled, pointing at all of them, but smiling nonetheless.

***


"Okay, Dan and Emma stand together." I said. Dan pulled Emma up to him and wrapped his arms around her waist and I took their picture. "Ok! Now me and Dan." I handed Rupert the camera then stood next to Dan, giving him bunny ears as Rupert took the picture. "Now Rupert and Dan." I took their picture then stood next to Rupert again. "Now you and me." He raised an eyebrow at me, but his smile never faded. "We already did ours." I wrinkled my nose. "This one is for our Christmas cards silly!"

As I started to take the picture he kissed my cheek. I looked at the picture and laughed. He was kissing my cheek, while I was laughing and giving him bunny ears. Rupert wrapped his arms around me and smiled at the picture. "Perfect."

La Fin
♠ ♠ ♠
IT"S THE EEEND D:
I hope you all loved reading this as much as I loved writing it!!!!!

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=47601644

This is prolly a good time to say that anything you dont recognize is mine, everything else belongs to their various owners. AND the song Girl Can Rock is by Hilary Duff. :3