Status: previously entitled This Could Be All That I've Waited For

Lost & Found

please open your eyes

I felt my heart racing in my chest; I swear, if it could have gone any faster it would've burst out of my chest. I ran down the hall right behind Stiles, our fingers laced together as he slammed the classroom door behind he, Allison, Scott, Lydia, Jackson and myself. The boys moved a table in front of the door to block off whatever it was that had chased us through the school at such a late hour.

I found myself leaning back against one of the painted brick walls, sliding down to the floor as I hugged my knees, finally feeling the fear set into my body completely.

Stiles was at my side instantly, our eyes meeting as I felt the tears form in the corners of mine. "What the fuck was that?" I hissed, quickly wiping away the few stray tears that had already escaped. A conflicted look crossed the young man's features, his hand instinctively running over his very short buzz-cut.

"I..I can't tell you..." He mumbled, giving me a very sad yet sincere look. "I really wish I could Francine, but just.. You wouldn't believe me if I tried."

Sniffling and wiping away the freshly fallen tears with the sleeve of my sweater, I bit my lip, deciding that it was either now or never. We could die anytime soon, that crazed killer out in the halls could burst into the room at any moment, and I would die without ever telling or showing Stiles how I really felt.

I cupped his cheeks with a lightning fast motion, pulling him closer to my seated figure and pressing my lips firmly to his, knowing that if I opened my eyes and gazed at him, he'd be wide-eyed and confused.

Stiles pulled away from me abruptly, a rather terrified look on his face. And that hurt. Because he looked even more frightened than he had five minutes ago when we were running from some psycho killer.

Everyone's head snapped toward Scott the very moment he spoke, all of us realizing that we'd been caught up in our own little conversations rather than focusing on the matter at hand.

"I think I know how we can get out of here."
♠ ♠ ♠
hello, all. i've decided to take one last, final shot at this story. the last two times seriously just weren't doing it for me, and i feel that now, as i've seen how much my writing has matured, i can finally produce a truly fantastic storyline and carry on with it.
so, thoughts so far? questions? ideas? don't be silent!