Status: Barely active, but still alive

Complications Between Mythical Creatures

Herbal Purchases

Scarlet


“Good morning,” the petite woman behind the counter greeted Abby and I with a warm smile. The small bell above the door rang again as it closed shut. “Good morning,” we replied before splitting to take a look around the small store. Baskets of dried herbs lined the largest wall to the left, while small displays, tables, and shelves were spread throughout the rest of the store.

My feet carried me across the hardwood floor slowly as I scanned through the baskets of herbs. There are little plaques in front of each basket. The name of each herb is hand written in beautiful cursive, followed by the uses of the dried plant. I look from one end of the wall to the other, “There are so many here...”

“Need any help?” the small woman peered around my shoulder, her smile bright. I turned to her and smiled, a little embarrassed, “Uhm.. yes, please?” I reach into the purse hanging off of my right shoulder and pull out the small leather book. “My name is Scarlet and my mother, Whitney Loralay, wanted me to come by and pick up a few things?”

I watch as my mother's name registers on this woman's face. She looks down at the book then back at me. “Is everything okay with her? Is she alright?” Unsure of what to say or how much this woman knew, I just smiled and said, “Yes, she's okay. She just wanted me to pick up some herbs...” She takes this in for a second, deciding whether or not to believe me. Judging by the look in her eyes I can see that she knows something... but instead of saying anything, she looks at the book one last time and her face stretches into another smile and her eyes shine a bit. “Right, of course. And what does she need?” I quickly flipped through the book until I found the page with the potion, “Alright, let's take a look see...” her small hands shakily took the book from mine. She places a pair of glasses that are hanging on a dainty chain around her neck on the bridge of her nose and takes a good look at the page.

“I thought you said that she was alright?” she peers at me a bit upset. I look at her in a bit of shock, “Uhmm... she is..”

“Sweetheart, this is a healing potion. I know a potion recipe when I see one..” the old woman's finger points at me. “Well... Uhmm...” I can feel my face getting red. I look up and find Abby. She looks back at me, not sure what to do either. “Well...?” I look back down at this old woman, completely lost on what to say... “She's okay.... just sick in bed...” I stumble. The right corner of her mouth pulls back and I can tell she doesn't like what I just said. She turns and looks over at Abby then back at me.

“Do you girls know who I am?” she leans all her weight on one foot, places on hand on her hip and points at us with the book. Abby and I glance at each other then shake our heads no. The old woman shakes her head at the floor, “I'm hurt... I can't believe you don't know who I am...” she turns and begins to make her way to behind the counter. Abby and I follow her.

“I'm sorry....?” we glance at each other at we reach the counter. “I'm Lacie,” she looks at us. “Lacie ?!?” we look at her wide eyed, “You were our mother's potions master ??” Abby and I say in unison. Seeing the look on her face we could tell that what we just said was music to her ears. “Why yes, I was,” Lacie touches the back of her left hand to her forehead as if posing for a camera. “And still am,” she winks, her smile bigger than ever.

Abby's mom and mine have been friends for years, since high school I think. It's tradition for a witch's mother or father to teach them the basics and “fundamentals” of witchcraft. But since our mother's wanted to know more about potions, Abby's mom tracked down a Potions Master so that they could learn more.

A Potions Master is a witch who has dedicated their life and magic to potions. They can still cast spells and whatnot, but their strongest attribute is potion brewing. We were told about Lacie and what our moms learned from her. If I remember correctly, Lacie's also a Healer. This type of witch is born with no “active” or harmful powers. They are only given “reparative” or healing powers. Sometimes these reparative powers are only autoreparative, meaning that their powers can only work on themselves, while others are only allowed to be used for others and not for themselves.

Lacie is a reparative Healer, she can't use her power on herself. She is only able to use it on other people. If I can remember correctly... she is able to mend wounds. By wounds I mean like cuts, punctures, gashes, and even severed body parts. But she cant heal diseases, infections, burns, sicknesses, etc. For some reason I can't remember the exact name of the power, but all I know is that she's only able to kind of put a persons skin “back together” in a way...

Image

Jacob


"We're leaving!" I called out behind me as Embry and I walked out the door. "Okay!" was all I heard before the door closed shut. "So," Embry jumped in front of me and grinned as he walked beackwards. "What?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Some dream you must have been having.." he wiggle his eyebrows. I just shook my head and pushed past him, "I don't know what youre talking about." There was no way I was going to talk to Embry about that dream. It was so stupid. He'd end up just telling the pack and I'd never be able to live it down. Besides... I don't even really understand it myself. It was just a dream right? It couldn't be anything else. It can't mean anything.. can it? It was just a dream. But why does it feel like it's more than that. Like it means something...

"Oh come on!" he ran up behind me. "I saw the look on your face when you woke up!" I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. I stopped and looked at him, "And what would that be?" He grinned widely, the kind of look a person gets when they're having a dream that they don't want to end." "Get in." I yanked open the drivers door and got in. Embry let out an annoyed groan and walked around to the passengers side. I immediately stuck the key in and turned on the engine.

"What were you dreaming about?" Embry pressed on. I just kept silent. I'm not going to get into this with him. Taking off the emergency brake and putting the car into reverse, I began to back out of the driveway. "Jake," Embrys eyes stared me down. "What?" I replied annoyed.

"What were you dreaming about?" he said each word slowly as if I was slow.

"Nothing, I was dreaming about being a wolf." Embry raised his eyebrow.

"Liar. You were dreaming about something else," he leaned back trying to guess. "It was about that girl you met yesterday, wasn't it?" Scarlet's face surfaced in my memory... I shook the image away and did my best not react. "It was ! wasn't it!" I scoffed, irritated.

"I knew it! She really turned you around yesterday. One second you're all grumpy and hating imprints, saying that you'd never be one of them. Then the next you're all doe eyed with a girl you imprinted on!"

"I didn't imprint on her."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah." The simple idea of imprinting irritated me all over again. Those love sick puppies acted more like zombies than couples to me. Imprinting has got to be the worst part of being a wolf.

"Well at least Im honest with myself," Embry breathed.

I couldn't help but scoff in response, "And how are you honest?" I eyed him.

Sitting up straight he looked at me and said, "I'll admit that I imprinted." Out of the corner of my eye I could see the huge grin he had on his face. "I imprinted on the most beautiful girl.." Embry trailed off. He started going on about how great and funny she was. How she was sporty too. Listening to him made me want to punch him in the arm. What's so great about imprinting? You basically find a person that you're stuck with the rest of your life. I started to remember the look on all the imprints faces on the beach yesterday.

They were all leaning against each other. The girls were mostly laying on the boys, wrapped in blankets. "You can't lie to me," Embry's voice broke my thoughts. "I know you imprinted on Scarlet." Scarlet... The name filled me with warmth. Suddenly I remembered the feel of her soft hands in mine. Her small frame against me when I hugged her before she left. I wonder what made her have to leave so suddenly.. I hope she's okay..

Suddenly Embry was quiet. I looked over and saw that he was staring directly at me. "What?" I asked confused. "Your face," he grinned, "I said her name and your face..."

"I didn't imprint on anyone, Embry!" I snapped, "I haven't imprinted on anyone and I will never imprint on anyone! I will never become one of those love sick puppies!" Embry recoiled in surprise, "Alright, man. Chill out," he looked out his window.

"We're here." I said throwing the car into park and shutting it off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter ! I know is waaay late. But at least I'm back in the game!

Please rate, subscribe, and comment !
Another dedication to justinlove for being my always faithful reader!

No silent readers please !