Status: Barely active, but still alive

Complications Between Mythical Creatures

First Beach

“Bye, Mom !” Abby and I raced down the stairs toward the front door. I made it down first pushing Abby out of the way to pull open the door. My fingers wrapped around the doorknob and pulled it open only to have it slam shut again. “What the heck ?” I struggled with the door trying to get it open. “Abby, do you want to go or not ?” I turned to my best friend, fists on hips. “Scarlet,” instead of meeting the face of my sister I look up to meet the face of …..

My Mother.

Whitney Loralay. My loving and caring mother. “Yes .. ?” I replied hesitantly.

“Why are you two in such a rush ?” the lips of the woman before me remained shut making me to turn around to follow the sound of my mother's voice. Beside me, the image of her slender figure faded into a purple shadow, her astral form returning to her physical body.

My mom's powers are basically Astral and Molecularly oriented. She is able to Astral Project, which means she can literally project her astral self to the physical world. Her molecular powers are Temporal Stasis and Molecular Combustion. What this means, is that she can either speed up (Molecular Combustion) or slow down (Temporal Stasis) molecules in an object until they effectively combust or stop entirely (freeze).

“We want to go to First Beach !” Abby jumped up.

“Mhm ..” the sound of Mom's heels were muffled on the light carpet as she made her way toward us, “And why exactly would you two be in such a rush ? The beach isn't going anywhere !” An amused look laughed at us in Mom's eyes.

“Oh … Mom ! It's a beautiful day today ! No clouds !” I threw open the door and gestured to the front yard where it was bright and sunny.

“Hmm … I hope that a couple of fledgling witches didn't cast a weather spell,” she cocked an eyebrow at us.

“We swear we didn't ! Please, Mom ! It's beautiful outside !” Abby clasped her hands together, pleading.

“And how are you two feeling today ?” she taunted us.

“Great ! Can we go now ?” I jingled my car keys in the air. Mom only laughed in return, “Oh alright.”

“Yes !!” Abby and I high fived each other and turned for the door, taking off again.

“Wait ! I made a picnic basket for you two !” she shouted after us through the open door, “Come and get it ! Abby ! Scar-” Before she could finish yelling our names, the basket of goodies floated through the air above her head and made their way out the door into the car on Abby's lap.

“Thanks, Mom !” I revved the engine a couple times before taking off down the road. “Drive carefully, Scarlet !” was the last thing she yelled after us before she shut the front door.

Abby and I laughed to ourselves as we coasted down the open country road, “What did she pack for us ?”

“Uhm ...” Abby was silent for a moment while she rustled through the basket, “Daaaaaang !!!”

“What ?” I glance over at her trying to get a peak into the basket but her fat head was blocking my view.

“You're mom packed a ton of food for us !” Abby pulled out 5 turkey sandwiches and three bags of chips.

“Is that it ?” I asked looking between the road and what Abby was pulling out.

“Nope ! There's waaaay more !”

“Well, get your nose out of there before you inhale it all !” I teased using my powers to push everything back into the basket.

“Awhh … I just wanted a bite !” she pouted making me laugh again.

Image


Jacob


“Maybe they'll say she was in a car crash ..” I muttered, picturing Bella in an all white dress in a dark wooded coffin, Charlie staring at her cold body. “Or tripped and fell off a cliff ...” Seth and Embry glance each other, uneasy. I sit shirtless on the sand of First Beach, my pack brothers playing a friendly game of soccer a few meters away. My face is grave, worried and hurt that I have lost Bella to Edward completely. They are on their honeymoon as I speak, I'm imagining the worst.

Beside me, Seth and Embry are letting me vent. Seth is shirtless as well, but Embry has on a blue button up. All three of us have short black cropped hair and dark heated skin standing at a towering height. “At least I'll get one thing out of it ..” I imagine myself tearing off Edward's head as soon as he returns. The thought of it almost makes me happy about it, almost.

“No you won't,” Sam, the Alpha of the pack, chimes in. My grin falters. The soccer ball bounces in Sam's hands, he's playing goalie. The look I give him is of pure hate now, the satisfaction of ripping Edward's head off now apparently unreachable.

“But -”

“No, Jake,” Sam boomed, “I am the Alpha Male, what I say goes.” My head drops in shame, disappointed that I won't be able to kill Edward.

“You know ..” Embry chimed in, “if you want things different, you should have become alpha male.” The thought of giving up the alpha position seems so silly to me now, Embry was right.

“It seemed like the right thing to do at the time.”

Image

Scarlet


“Alright,” I carefully pulled into a parking spot, “we're here !” I sang. Abby clapped excitedly in here seat, “Yes ! Oh my goodness ! It's so beautiful today !” We sat there for a moment taking in the beach before us. The salty air blew in strong through our windows, the ocean breaking on the shore, seagulls swooped through the air searching for some food. Large oak and pine trees rustled behind us, the brush coming to an immediate stop at the sand. Once again, the sun baked the creatures below it warming their skin.

Abby and I opened our doors and began to pile all of our things together on the pavement sprinkled with sand. We only hand a couple bags, one each, plus the food basket, our umbrella, and some sand toys that we left in the back seat. We'll get them if we need them. “Got everything ?” I asked over the roof of my car. “I think so ?” Abby flipped her hair behind her trying to tame the mess the wind was creating. “Alright, let's roll !” I declared locking the doors.

Image
Jacob


The sound of car doors slamming shut sounded through the air, “Looks like we have some company today.” I looked over to my right past Embry and Seth, seeing if I knew the person. Two girls our age walked down the sand carrying an arm full of bags and various beach goods. I looked harder at the two girls a few dozen feet away, they looked a bit familiar but didn't ring any bells.

Both of the girls were tall and slender, one blonde and one brunette. The brunette was wearing a black loose tank top that flapped in the wind with dark jean short shorts while the blonde wore the same outfit but with an off white tank top and lighter wash shorts. I could hear them laugh as they set up their things.

“What cha looking at, Jake ?” Seth asked.

“Nothing, just looking to see who those girls are,” I said evenly looking back down at the sand. I picked up a long thin stick and started twirling it between my large fingers.

“What girls ?” Embry perked up turning around, “Oooh ...” he raised an eyebrow. Both Embry and Seth took a moment to check out the two girls, obviously liking the view. “Hey, do you guys think that maybe one of them could be my imprints ?” Embry winked back at Seth and I. Seth laughed with him while just scoffed, tired of all this love nonsense, “What ?”

“Now that I think about it, imprinting is the stupidest thing that comes with being a werewolf,” my eyes wandered over to the left of us where the rest of the pack sat with their imprints. “You act like you know all about imprinting,” Leah sat down a few feet away from me. “Shut up, Leah,” I spat at her snapping the stick in half in my hand, throwing one piece at the sand.

“At least they look happy,” Seth tried to lighten things up. Once again, I scoffed in disgust. “Some of us are just lucky that way,” Embry said quietly.

“Lucky ?” my eyes traveled over to where Quil was playing with Claire along the break of the waves. I pitied him, “None of them belong to themselves anymore,” my jaw clenched when I looked back at my two buds, “And the sickest part of it, their genes tell them they're happy about it.” The two boys looked down, unsure of what to say.

“At least if you imprinted on someone you'd finally forget about Bella,” Leah chimed in. I looked at her, still upset but understanding what she was saying. I looked back at the remaining piece of the stick in my hand. “I mean,” she looks away from me and at the group of imprints, “being any kind of happy is way better than being miserable about someone you can't have.”

Of all people that could understand me, it had to be Leah. I mean I guess we can really relate to each other, but that still doesn't change how I feel towards her.

Image

Scarlet


“All done !” I high fived my sister, proud. We just finished setting up all our things, our large umbrella was opened up, stabbed deep into the ground to shade our things so nothing would get too hot, our bags were neatly placed underneath in the shade, a little battery powered radio was nearly blasting at the head of where our beach towels were laid out.

“Great, I'm hungry. Can we eat ?” Abby asked hooking her thumb over at the basket of food. I smiled in approval, “Hell to the yeah !” We both plopped down on our towels as I pointed at the basket full of goods and brought it closer to us. Abby took off her off white tank top and gasped, “Scarlet !” she slammed my hand down causing me to drop the basket.

“Hey !” I caught the basket just half an inch off of the ground and lowered it carefully. “What was that for ?” I looked at my best friend but she wasn't looking at me.

“There's other people here,” she she nudged her head behind me. I turned around to see at least a dozen and a half of people a few dozen meters away, “Oh.” “I don't think they saw you,” she said turning around and picking up the picnic basket. “Thanks,” I sighed, I need to be more careful. I forgot to check if there were other people around before doing that. You're getting careless, Scarlet.

“No problem,” she smiles at me before handing me a sandwich and small bag of chips. “Relax, I seriously think that they didn't see you,” Abby reassured me. I sighed in relief looking over at the group of people.

“Do you know any of them ?” I asked Abby.

“I don't know, they're too far to tell,” she said through a mouth full. I looked hard at them, for some reason I felt as though I had to go over there but that obviously wasn't about the happen. I wonder who's over there, the sound of plastic crackling interrupted my thoughts. Looking back at my best friend all I see is her face buried in the picnic basket once again, “What are you doing ?”

“I'm looking for something else to eat !”

“What about the sandwich you were just eating ?”

“I finished it ..” she said sheepishly.

“You what ?!” I gaped at her.

“Don't look at me like that ! You know I eat a lot, and you shouldn't talk ! You eat just as much as me !” she evil eyed me.

“Not that fast !” I started laughing at her. Both Abby and I love food, we're always eating. Mom says that it's because of all our training, that we're constantly burning adora so our bodies are in constant need of food. We've been known to be constantly eating but Abby inhales her food faster than me, I'm not really sure why I'm still surprised though.

Image


The hot blazing sun beat down on our bodies, Abby and I lay on our beach towels soaking it all up. Through the little slits between my eyes I watched the group of people a little aways from us. Most of the guys were playing soccer while maybe five girls sat down on a bunch of blankets and towels and talked. Only two guys weren't playing. One of them was playing with a little two or three year old, he was carefully watching her as she played in the sand. The other was sitting off by himself a few feet closer to us.

From where we were, the guys seemed to be huge. They all had to be at least six feet tall minimum. They all had short cropped black hair, majority of them were shirtless and I was not complaining. They all had amazing bodies.

My eyes wandered back over to the one guy sitting by himself. He watched the other guys with what seemed like anger. “I wonder what's up with him ..”

“Who ?” Abby turned her head towards me.

“Huh ?” I rolled on to my stomach and looked at her through my dark sunglasses.

“You said 'I wonder what's up with him'. Who's 'him' ?”

“Oh, I was thinking aloud again wasn't I ?”

“Obviously,” she cracked a smile at me, “so who's 'him' ?” Abby pushed her sunglasses on top of her head and got up on to her elbows looking over at the pack of guys.

“Abby, don't stare like that !” I whispered yelled at her. “No, I wanna know who you were talking about,” she looked over my head at the group of guys.

“Damn, they're pretty hot,” she raised an eyebrow making me laugh a little. “The one that's sitting all my himself,” I said knowing that she won't top openly staring until I told her. “Oh, damn ..” she trailed off.

“We should get them over here,” she sat up beside me.

“And how do you suggest we do that ?” I got up and walked over to our little cooler grabbing us each a drink. Abby thanked me as I handed her the bottle of water. Pushing up my sunglasses on to my head I twisted my bottle open and took a drink, watching the group of people the whole time.

The guys that were playing soccer was slowly dispersing toward the group of girls while two walked over to join the one boy sitting by himself. Abby and I watch them, curious. The boy that was there first's mood didn't change. He still seemed so upset about something. The other two boys punched and smiled as if they were trying to cheer him up. Sitting back down beside Abby I pull my glasses back down and continue to watch them.

We must have looked like idiots watching them like that, but for some reason I was just so curious about them. Something seemed different about them.

Then, as if hearing my thoughts one of the boys, the one that was wearing a blue button up that was left open, looked up at me and smiled. “Is he ...” I trailed off watching him wave in our direction then watched as Abby's shadow waved in response. “Yup,” I could hear the smile in Abby's voice.

The boy tapped the sad boys arm and nodded over in our direction. The third boy, he seemed to be the youngest, looked up and smiled but the sad one didn't even glance. I laughed in spite of myself, “Guess we're caught.” “Mhm,” Abby grinned to herself taking another gulp of water.

The two boys that waved at us began to converse, glancing over at us every other sentence. “Wonder what they're talking about,” Abby asked flirtatiously winking at me. I smiled to myself, “Yeah, I wonder ..”

“Hey, let's go for a dip,” Abby smiled at me.

“Sure,” I followed her into the water.

Image

Jacob


“Dude, look. They're checkin us out !” Embry tapped my arm. Seth perked up and looked over at the two girls. It's been a few hours now and all that they've done is eat, sunbathe, and swim for a little. Now they were back to sunbathing. The two idiots waved at them eagerly, “Hey I think I recognize them,” Embry said.

“Really ? From where ?” Seth asked hanging on every word Embry said. “They were on the yearbook committee.” I thought back to the days where we were actually in school, now that I think about it. I remember her always being around, assemblies, pep rallies, school performances, she was always there. But I've never gotten a good look at her face. In my head I see a tall, slender brunette that was always dressed nicely, but for one reason or another I can't seem to put a face on her body. “She graduated with us,” Embry looked at me.

“Yeah, I think I remember her,” I admitted, “still not interested though.”

“Oh, come on Jake !” Seth whined, “Let's at least go and talk to them !” Embry nodded in agreement, still occasionally glancing over at the girls.

“You guys can go, I'm good,” I leaned back on my hands peering at the girls out of the corner of my eye. “Fine,” Embry stood up and began to dust himself off, “You go ahead and be a party pooper. We're gona go have some fun,” he grinned at Seth who stood up too. They turned around toward the girls but stopped when they saw that they weren't there anymore. “Hey, where'd they go ?” Seth looked back at Embry. “Beats me.”

“They're in the water,” I nodded over to where they were swimming. The two girl crazed boys followed where I was looking. “Yes, looks like they're coming out,” they grinned at each other. “Hey, Seth. Go grab the football over by the imprints would ya ?” Embry asked. “What for ?” Seth cocked his head to the side.

“He wants to use it as an excuse to talk to the girls,” I kept my gaze on the horizon, the sun was beginning to set.

“You're just gona walk up to him and talk about a football ?” he is so innocent. “Just go get the ball and throw it to me,” Embry said. Shrugging in confusion Seth did as asked and ran over to get the ball.

Image

Scarlet


The strong current push and pulled on our bodies, our legs and arms fighting against it so we could stay afloat. “So, do you recognize them ?” Abby asked tilting her head back in the boys direction. I looked over to the shore trying to see if I vaguely knew of them. They were still crowded around the one sad boy. He did not look interested at all, but he was still looking at us our of the corner of his eye while his friends were talking.

“I think I might,” I admitted trying to remember. “Wait a minute,” realization struck me. “I think I do, those are the guys are from the Quileutes tribe. They didn't do any clubs but it's pretty hard to miss them around school. They're huge !” I laughed.

“Have you ever gotten a good look at them ?” Abby asked floating on her back.

“No not really, their faces don't come to mind,” I replied playing with a hand full of ocean in the air just above the surface of the water. I smile to myself as I make a bunch of different animals a rabbit, a frog, a cat, and even a wolf.

I suddenly take in a lung full of air, my senses being thrown out of the present.

The full porcelain moon shines down on a pack of about 8 wolves that are assembled together. One of them is sitting on top of a rock, authority radiates off of the large black as night wolf. His deep golden eyes gaze down at the rest of his pack. Nothing but the sound of silence fills the air, none of the wolves say anything. Yet the way that they are all looking at each other makes it seem as though they are somehow communicating.

The rest of his pack is a mixture of appearances. There is a small grey wolf that sits in the center of the rest. All of the creatures are the size of horses but more muscular. It has an almost graceful aura around it, yet strong as if it could take on anything seems uncomfortable under the alphas gaze, it looks as though it is ready to leave them already, but it knows that it cannot.

Another wolf sits beside the tiny wolf, this one is almost as small yet it is a bit larger than the first one. This one sits with a more innocent aura around it as if it is the youngest. This one has obviously hasn't grown much yet, it is still a pup. It has sandy colored fur with a deeper brown and black over lay on its back.

In front and to the right of the pup is a chocolate colored beast who's face is a lighter shade than the rest of his body. On its left is a slender wolf with dark grey fur that has an over layer of black that fades into spots through the rest of his body. The fur on this wolf seems soft and sleek.

Behind the first wolf and a little of to the left is dark silver coated wolf. The deepness of the color almost makes it seem black. The look in its dark eyes reflected a temper not to be messed with. Beside it sits a wolf with thick and short brown hair. For reasons unknown a mocking look floats through its eyes. A light air surrounds this one.

Lastly, behind all of the wolves sits the largest one. A light wind rustles it thick reddish brown fur. It sits there a little bored of just sitting around. He turned his head ever so slightly and just as I was about to see the look in his eyes …


“Scarlet ?” Abby was shaking me now, worry drowned in her eyes, “Scar, are you alright ? What did you see ?” My eyes scanned the area around us, we were still in the water. “Did I almost drown ?” I asked watching my arms and legs continue to move so I could stay afloat.

“No,” she looked relieved, “You're body kept moving but your eyes had that glazed over look. You're getting better at this,” she winked at me. I smiled sharing her relief. That last thing that we want is to raise a few eyebrows as to why I suddenly decided to stop moving.

“Let's go back ?” I didn't wait for an answer, I just lunged forward and began to swim back to shore. My arms shot forward and pushed back the water around me, helping my body glide forward. My legs kicked up and down as hard as I could while my face tilted up every once in a while to get a breath of air. Behind me I could vaguely hear Abby shout at me about not playing fair, but that only made me go faster.

“I win !” I shouted crawling out of the shore and running over to our towels. I reached down and picked up my orange towel and shook it free from sand. Wiping off my body and drying my hair I turn around and watch Abby trot after me, “No fair !” she said. “You cheated,” she huffed picking up her purple towel and doing the same.

“Nahh, you're just slow !” I teased.

“Nu uh !” Abby testified throwing her towel at me, but it only made me laugh even harder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys ! So sorry that this is late, I guess my time wasn't as free as I thought, Haha.
Well, here's chapter three ! Finally some Jake ! Do you like it ? I was going to put more of Scarlet and Jake in here, but the chapter was already super long !

& A little contest;
Can you guess which pack member was sitting where in Scarlet's vision ?
Send me a message or comment and I will dedicate the next chapter to the first four people to get it right ! Either somehow describe it or take a picture of a diagram !
Ready ? Set. Go !

Thiis Chapter Is Dedicated To;
ImJustInLove My Only Unsilent Reader <3

Let me know how I'm doing ! Please don't be a Silent Reader !
Comment Share & Subscribe !
Mahalo !