Status: Barely active, but still alive

Complications Between Mythical Creatures

Cold Front With A Warm Undercoat

Jake


The sound of the football landing in the blondes hands echos through the wind. Embry watches her with big dopey eyes, how pathetic.Seth is about twenty feet away from where the blonde is standing, Embry stands a few feet away from her, and the brunette is a few feet away from Seth. It looks like they split themselves into two teams.

The girls are closer now, I can see almost both of their faces. The brunette is the closest, but I can't see her face. All I can see is her orange bikini glowing in the sunlight. I watch as Seth and Embry throw and catch the ball effortlessly and slowly, they're obviously showing off for the two, Embry more than Seth. Embry and the blonde are having a conversation while the brunette and Seth have one of their own, but it seems like Embry and the blonde are having much more fun.

Seth softly chucks the football at Embry and his imprint, the brunette shouts for her friend to catch it. Effortlessly, the blonde opens her arms and catches the almond shape in her hands. “Scar ! Now it's your turn !” she cocks her arm back and throws the ball at her friend. Scar ? What kind of name is that ? I think to myself.

The football does a perfect spiral up through the air then dives down at “Scar”. Taking a step back she watches it come down at her, her arms are open and ready. “Got it !” she smiles as the ball touches her skin, but her smile falls flat as she fumbles then drops the ball. Disappointed she picks up the leather contraption and gives it a light toss to Seth muttering “stupid thing.” Everyone, even me surprisingly, laughs at her frustration.

Image

Scarlet


The sound of the leather hitting Seth's hands softly reaches my ears. Seth, Embry, Abby, and even the boy sitting by himself all laugh lightly at me. I evil eye the ball as it makes it way back toward Embry and Abby landing in Embry's hands this time. His eyes have this twinkle to them when he hands the ball to Abby.

I watch them carefully, almost jealous. They're so cute together, the biggest smiles in the world on their faces. “You're not very good at this, are you ?” Seth asks catching the ball again, his teeth seem so bright and white against his dark skin. “No, not really. Abby's always been the more coordinated one, I'm the clumsier one.” I admitted watching him line his fingers on the dingy lace of the football. He does this slowly, taking time and care into where he places his fingers. “It's okay, you'll eventually get it,” he tries to cheer me up.

I couldn't help but laugh a little at him, “It's been 19 years, I don't think I'll ever get the hang of it.”

He smiles again, laughing with me, “Here, try to throw it.” His arm extends to me, the football sits firmly in his palm. I look down at the ball, debating, but instead of taking it I remember the boy sitting by himself. “Uhmm.. I think I'll just pass on that. I'd probably end up hurting someone.” I push his arm closer to his boy, declining his offer. “Oh, come on. It's not that hard,” he pushes against me, “and besides. I can pretty much guarantee that you can't hurt any of us.”

Shaking my head I push his arm back to him and smile, “No, I'm okay. Thank you.” I look around and see the boy sitting by himself, “I think I'll just go join your friend over there and watch. It's probably safer. If I don't hurt you guys I'll probably end up hurting myself somehow.”

Seth glances over his shoulder and looks at his friend, “Who ? Him ?” he jerks his finger behind him. “Uhmm... I don't know if he'd be much of any company right now.”

“What do you mean ?” I tilt my head to the side.

“He's kind of a sour puss right now.”

“Can I ask why ?”

“Ehh, I don't know. He's just a piece of work,” Seth shrugs.

“Well, he looks lonely. Maybe I can change that,” I smile at Seth before making my way over to the lonely stranger in the sand.

Image


The sound of my sister and our new friends throwing and catching the football continue as I make my way over to the solemn boy. The feeling of the warm sandy beach air blows over my skin and through my hair. I observe the boy as I walk across the grains of sand, he sits there watching our friends looking through me. Once he realizes that I'm walking over to him I can see the distaste and annoyance flash t his eyes.

“Hmm.. He doesn't look too happy about this...” the thought kind of makes me not want to sit beside and try to talk to him, but I shrug it off and just keep on walking. The boy didn't bother to even look at me, he just looked right past me and at the sand at his feet.

“Phew !” I huffed plopping down beside the young man, “It's such a beautiful day today.” I say holding my hand above my eyes to shield it from the bright sun. “Hmm.” was the short response I got from him. Watching him out of the corner of my eye I saw that he has turned his head in the direction completely opposite from me. “You don't think so?” I turn my head to him, tilting it a little.

“Are you really trying to talk to me about the weather?” he asks in a bored tone looking straight ahead. I stop and look at the boy, then follow his line of sight at our friends, “Yeah, I guess I am.” I smile to myself. “Hmm,” was the only reply I got.

“You don't look very happy to be here,” I mused leaning back on my palms and extending my legs out in front of me, stretching. “Hmm...” he trailed off not shifting his eyes from our friends, or the ocean? What is this kid looking at that's got him so interested? I thought to myself watching the side of his face.

After a moment of silence between us I decided I had had enough, “Okay, I can take a hint.” I sat forward and dusted my palms of the grains on sand. Pulling my legs in I pushed myself forward and began dusting off my butt, “I can tell that you wanna be alone.” No reaction.

I looked down at this mysterious stranger, for one reason or another something was telling me that I just had to get this kid to look at me. “Can I at least get a proper introduction?” I asked putting my fists on my hips, only to get a scoff in return. “How about a handshake?” I took a few steps to the side so that I was directly in front of him now.

Another scoff, “What is this, a business deal?” he looked at my hand. Thinking about his words I decided to go with it, “Yeah, it is. So man up and shake this lil' lady's hand.” I managed to get a small chuckle out of him making me do the same in return.

After a grinning, “Fine,” he took my hand firmly and shook it. “Jacob,” he said staring straight at my knees.

“Wow...” I trailed off.

“What ?”

“That was terrible,” I start to laugh, “How do you expect to ever get hired or close a deal with that kind of introduction?” Another scoff, but this time it had a little smirk to it. “Now, come on. Say your first and last name and make some eye contact. Here, I'll even come down to your eye level.” I lower myself down into a half squatting half kneeling position, never releasing his hand.

This time, he finally lifted his gaze. And when it does something just clicks...

Our eyes connect, his deep warm brown eyes enveloped me and suddenly I was falling, swimming in them. I could feel my soul getting pulled toward him, into him. His grip on my hand tighten a bit as did mine. Everything around us seemed to just melt away until it was just me and him. Him...

Then something else happens.. suddenly I see myself. In the forest, alone. I'm smiling, staring down at my left hand. I know something.. I can see it in my own eyes, I'm keeping a secret. A big one.

Suddenly a twig snaps, my head whips up, alarmed. But when my eyes meet with whatever made the sound, I smile. A large wolf approaches me. It circles me, rubbing itself against my skin and clothes.


Before I know it, the image fades away and I'm swimming in Jacob's eyes again. “Jake. Jacob Black,” he sounds dazed. I shake my head a bit, trying to remember what's happening. Introductions !

“Now that's more like it,” I giggle a bit. What in the world ?! “Scarlet, Scarlet Loralay. But you can call me Scar,” I smile really big at him, getting the brightest smile in return.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY !! Sorry, this has taken so long !

What do you think ? Do you like this chapter ? Are you proud of me ? :D
I FINALLY got this chapter out ! Now... the REAL fun begins ! Are you ready ?

Questions ? Comments ? Concerns ?
Please Rate, Subscribe, Comment, & Share !

**This chapter is dedicated to imjustinlove ! For being my faithful reader !
Mahalo !<3