Status: Barely active, but still alive

Complications Between Mythical Creatures

Early Partings

Scarlet

The sun sinks lower and lower in the sky, the air just getting a little bit chillier. After Jake and I introduced ourselves it seems like his whole personality changed... Something in his eyes changed, it shines brighter now. It shines in a way that makes me smile, and for some reason it makes me feel... stronger ?

It's almost dark now, about 30 more minutes before the sun is completely gone. The warm weather is gone and it's begun to get chilly again. After our formal introductions, he got me to sit back down beside him and talk. It's weird though, I don't think I've ever been able to have such a....great conversation with a person other than maybe Abby or my mom (on some occasions).

Okay, “great conversation” isn't exactly the best words to describe it but I don't know what else to call it. Have you ever sat on the phone, or even face to face, with someone for hours and had just the most random conversation in the world. Every topic you talked about was completely pointless and had no meaning, but you just never wanted it to end ? I don't exactly know how else to describe it... but that's exactly how I felt. Our conversation started at our friends and ended with whether or not a whale could jump over the moon better than a cow. Completely random and pointless, but for some reason.. I just didn't want it to end...

“What if it's tail hit the moon and cracked it in half ?” I ask imagining the picture in my head. Jake only chuckles in return, “Then instead of falling off it flipped upside down still connected.” See, completely pointless.. But completely entertaining.

Jacob and I sit side by side, my arms are folded around my legs kind of shielding them from the cold. As our conversation continued we grew closer. Both of us never said anything about it but I could tell that I'm not the only one that noticed. I lean into him a little bit, our arms touching. I use him as a person space heater. Why is this kid so warm ? The heat draws me in, it gives me goosebumps.

I look away from the side of Jake's face in search for our friends. I find the younger boy, Seth, back with the other couples. They're sitting around a huge bonfire, it looks like they're telling each other stories. I smile at them and look around for my best friend. She's over by our things with Jake's friend, Embry. They sit on her towel telling stories of their own using mine as a blanket. I watch them and can't help but smile, they're so cute. Abby sits close to Embry's side folding into him, Like two puzzle pieces..

“Like they're made for each other...” Jake's husky voice envelopes my ears.

“Huh ?” I look at this amazingly attractive boy. Amazingly attractive ?! Woah, Scarlet... I mentally shook my head.

“Oh, sorry. I couldn't help but notice that our friends seem like they were made for each other..” he said tilting his head back over to Abby and Embry. “Oh,” I laugh lightly a little shocked at how we were thinking the same thing, “you noticed that too ?”

“Mhm,” he smiles at me. I can't help but just stare at him as he does this. I can feel the blood rushing to my cheeks again.

Our eyes lock again.. and I'm falling again.. I suddenly feel everything about him.. his warm breath coming out of his nose.. His long eyelashes lining his eyes.. The warmth of his skin against mine..

I stare at this stranger, still swimming in his eyes... Slowly I feel myself physically getting closer to him, our souls drawing each other in. Closer and closer our heads lean in, our eyes never breaking contact. Our foreheads touch, closing the distance between us and sending a small tingle through my skin. Jake shifts his weight so that he's sitting up now, his right hand lifts up off the sand reaching for my face.

Our skin connect and I suddenly feel this electric current of ecstasy ripple through my cheek and through my body... A small gasp escapes my lips, my hand flies to his, holding it to my face. Our eyes unlock but the moment doesn't stop. I watch his gaze shift from my eyes to my lips. I feel my teeth dig into them, anxious.. A breeze picks up and I close my eyes. The mix of the cool wind and the warmth of Jacob's skin is heaven..

I feel Jacob pull me in closer, his hot breath hitting my face directly now. My own breathing picks up, my heart racing...

“Hey ! Jacob ! Embry !” Seth's voice breaks the moment which shatters our daze. We pull away from each other quickly and turn away, my cheeks burning the whole time. We both laugh lightly as I wonder what just happened. You just met this guy, Scarlet ! What are you doing ?! This isn't like you !! I mentally yell at myself. This isn't like me at all. I'm usually the more sensible one...

Jacob clears his throat, “Yeah ?!” he shouts over in Seth's direction.

“Come here ! Scarlet ! Abigail ! You too !” Jake and I glance at each other, laughing lightly once again. Unsure what to say about what just happened I look at the sand, smiling to myself. Even though I'm not exactly sure what that was I don't regret it... I'm just a little confused... “Uhmm...” I trail off laughing a little again.

Image

Jake


“Uhmm..” the sound of her little giggles are so adorable. Everything about this girl is... amazing.. What's up with you, Jake ? You just met this girl and you already want to kiss her ?! Just a few hours ago I was completely disgusted with the idea of finding a mate. Permanent or not.. Then this girl comes along and all of a sudden.... This is too weird.... I look at Scarlet, shes looking down at the sand as she sits just a few inches away from me. “Jacob ! Embry !” Seth's voice sounds through the air once again, Scarlet and I laugh again. I look over at Abigail and Embry again, they're laughing now. They both glance over in our direction and begin to get up. Embry gets up first and dusts himself off before he extends his hand to Abby, helping her up. They both smile as they make their way toward Seth and the rest of the pack on the other side of Scarlet and I.

“Well, doesn't look like we have much of a choice, does it ?” I say looking down at her. She looks up and sees Embry and Abigail walking toward us. She smiles, “No, it doesn't.” Just like Embry I get up first and help Scarlet stand, “Thank you.”

“You're welcome.” As Embry and Abigail reach us the girls smile at each other. Watching them out of the corner of my eye I can't help but notice that they're talking to each other without really talking. For that quick moment it seemed like they were telling each other something through pure looks. “Something you girls wanna say ?” I ask smirking straight ahead. Out of the corner of my eyes I see them glance at me then at each other before they say “Nope, not really,” in unison.

Scarlet and Abigail exchange a quick little laugh before they turn toward our pack. I bury my hands in my pockets as the four of us walk forward, the two girls between Embry and myself.

Image

Scarlet


I don't know what's come over us but for some reason, Abby and I are extremely giddy.. We walk along the shoreline between the two boys, Jake up closer toward the forest on my left and Embry on Abby's right.

The two of us are trying to hide our excitement as we make our way through the sand. We have a lot to share when we get home.

I cross my arms as we walk. I'm getting so cold but I don't have a jacket with me and I don't want to leave.. Well not yet at least. Hopefully I can bare it in my tank top and shorts... “You okay ?” Jake asks, I'm walking a little closer to him now. “Yeah,” I smile as I look around, trying to hide my shivers. “It doesn't seem that way..” I can feel him watching me.

“Just a little cold..” I smile at him rubbing my left arm. I see concern flash through his eyes, the look melts my heart. Oh my.... I tear my eyes away from him, trying to control my weak knees. I try to focus my attention on how many twigs there are in the sand as we pass them. All of a sudden I'm blanketed in a wave of amazing heat. Jake wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me into him. I look up at him, my face red, “Uhmm..” I'm lost for words... Jake just looks down and smiles at me, his eyes full of worry. “I'm sorry if this makes you uncomfortable but I don't have a shirt or jacket on...” I smile in return, “No, it's okay. Don't worry.” “Good, now let's get you a blanket,” he assures me. I can only nod in return.

I look back down again, my face feels like it's on fire. Just relax, Scarlet. Keep calm.. I tell myself. Taking a deep breath I look up and watch the rest of Jake's friends laugh converse, they look like they're having so much fun. Hopefully they won't mind us joining them..

Then, for some reason they all stop abruptly. Their expressions are solid, almost permanent looking. I look up at Jacob, he's watching them too but he's not moving either. “Embry ?” I hear Abby beside me. Looking over I see that he's stuck too. Abby waves her hand in front of his face, “Scar.” She's worried, “I know.”

Everyone is frozen.

Abby and I look at each other and nod. Someone's here. Releasing ourselves from the boys' grasp Abby and I look around, “Do you sense anything ?” I ask her getting in a defensive stance. “No,” Abby does the same. Back to back we look around. “Then that means...” we look at each other and understand. “Mom ?” I call out.

A purple shadow materializes before us, solidifying into my mother's image. She looks stressed. “Mom, what is it ?” I ask alarmed.

“I need you both home, now.” She says point blank.

“What ? Is everything okay ?” I ask taking a step closer to her. “What's going on ?Is it a demon ?” Abby chimes in.

“I'll explain when you get home, please. Hurry,” she pleads. Abby and I exchange a worried look, “Okay.” We quickly return to our places, trying to match our positions to how we were earlier. Looking back up at my mom we nod telling her we're ready. Nodding my mom's figure fades back to a familiar purple haze and everyone unfreezes.

I clear my throat, “Uhmm.. actually.” I force the words out from my lungs. “Thank you for the offer but it's getting late and we have to get back home...” I look up at Jake's worried eyes. “I'm sorry... raincheck ?” Jake's eyes light up a little, but his disappointment is still there. He nods, not really knowing what to say.

“Can I get a quick hug ?” I ask opening my arms. He lets out a quick laugh, “Sure.” I wrap my arms around him tight, squeezing him a little bit. “It was nice meeting you, Jacob Black,” I whisper in his ear.

“It was nice meeting you too, Scarlet Loralay..”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay ! Another chapter done ! A WHOLE lot more of Jake and Scarlet in this one ! How do you guys like it ? PLEASE let me know !! Im dying to hear your thoughts(:

Questions ? Comments ? Concerns ?
Please Rate, Subscribe, Comment, & Share !

**This chapter is dedicated to imjustinlove ! For being my faithful reader !
Mahalo !<3