Status: Barely active, but still alive

Complications Between Mythical Creatures

Empty

The sound of my Civic's motor hums as we speed down the road. The trees that line the pavement move past us in a blur. “Uhmm.. Scarlet ? Maybe you should slow down a little ?” Abby suggests from the passenger seat, but I can't hear her. My mind is racing faster than my car.

What's going on with me ? Who was that boy ? And why was I so... attracted to him ? Jacob Black.... What a weird name... but for some reason... I like it.. This isn't like me.... Why did I act that way ? I never try to kiss a guy that fast. Especially if I just met him like, what, three ? Four hours ago ? But there's something about him.. Something... different about him. And what was up with that premonition ? That's the second one I've had about a wolf today. They were so close together...

Talking about premonitions... What was up with Mom ? Why'd she talk to us like that. Usually she calls our phones or something.. I hope she's okay... I hope that
everyone's okay... My grip on the steering wheel tightens, fear clenching my heart.

“Scarlet !!” Abby screams.

“Huh ? What ?” I say snapping out of my thoughts.

“Slow down !” she demands. Glance over and see that she's clutching on to the handle above her door for her life. I glance down at my speedometer, “Woah ! 93 miles ?!” I instantly take my foot off the gas pedal and lightly press on the brake. We slow down to 45.

Abby finally releases her death grip on the handle, “Finally !” she yells taking a sigh of relief. I can't help but laugh in response, “Sorry..” Abby looks at me in shock, “'Sorry'?!? Scarlet, you could've killed us ! We're witches, not immortals ! We can still die !!!” she scolds waving her hands at me. I watch her out of the corner of my eye, she looks so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh a little more.

“Oh, calm down ! We're fine !” I say with a goofy grin, hoping that my sister would calm down. But she only evil eyes me in return.

Image

Jacob


“Thank you,” her sweet voice reaches my ears as she closes the trunk of her car. To my left Embry and Abby hug one last time before she leaves, Embry still having that dopey expression on his face. I shake my head and focus back on Scarlet. She's looking in the back seat of her car for something, but to me it kind of seems like she's just stalling. Why does she have to go so soon ? I wonder what happened... Hope everything's okay...

Scarlet stands up straight and pushes back the driver's seat, cutting off access to the back seats. Shutting the car door she tucks her keys into her pocket and turns to me. “So... I'll see you around ?” she looks up at me with a fake smile. She's good at that.... I think to myself watching the disappointment in her eyes. “Mhm,” I try to hide my own disappointment. She's so close... Would it be weird if I hugged her ? I ask myself wanting to hold her again.

“Can I get a hug before I go ?” she asks raising her right eyebrow and puckering her lips to the side. HELL YEAH YOU CAN !!! I scream in my head. Instead of doing the little victory dance that I want to I just let out a small laugh and look down at my feet in attempt to hide my excitement. “Yeah,” I smile really big at her getting a huge smile in return. “Yay,” she says softly reaching out her arms to me.

I take my hands out of my pockets and wrap my arms around her shoulders, pulling her into me. I put my head down and rest my lips against the top of her head. I feel her arms around my waist squeeze a little bit making me do the same but not so tight. We stay like that for just a few seconds, but I don't pull away. For some reason I can't. I don't want to. Instead of moving first, I wait for her. It takes about a minute for her to finally loosen her grip on me, forcing me to let her go. I smile at her, wishing she didn't have to leave.

It's practically night now, just a little light from the sun peaks over the horizon behind us. Scarlet smiles back at me then looks at the ground “Are you ready ?” Abby asks. Scarlet looks at her and nods, “Yeah.” I glance over at Abby and watch how she and Embry's hands are still touching. They're barely holding each other's hands, Abby's is on the inside of Embry's hand, their fingers laced but they're not holding either one's hands.

Trying not to think too much about it, I follow Scarlet to the side of her car and pull open the driver's door for her. She looks up and smiles at me again, I feel my heart skip a beat as I watch that beautiful smile. Those perfectly filled lips, those sparkling teeth that glow in the moonlight with her eyes. God, this girl is gorgeous... I smile back at her and try to focus on something else... Why does my face feel so hot ? “Thank you,” she says, “You're welcome...” I tell her.

Scarlet and Abby lower themselves into the car and I close the door. She starts the engine and rolls down the window. Leaning over I smile one last time at her, “Drive safe, okay ?” Once again, she gives me that amazing smile and nods, “I will, thank you. I'll see you around ?” I nod in agreement, “It's a date.” We both laugh a lightly.

“Okay, bye,” I back up to where Embry is standing on the edge of the parking lot. We wave as the Honda reverse and it pulls out. Both Embry and I wave at the girls the image of the little car getting smaller and smaller. I find myself getting more and more disappointed as they disappear.. and empty. It kind of feels like a piece of me is missing now. “Goodbye, Scarlet Loralary... I'll see you again soon.. hopefully...” I say to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much to everyone who has supported this story ! I apologize for taking so long to publish this and for how short this is. I kinda felt like this should be a chapter all on it's own. So please don't be afraid to let me know exactly what you think !

Did you like it ? Did you love it ? Did you not like it ?
If not, please let me know what you didn't like !
** & If you have any ideas about what you want or think should happen, I'll see if I can work it into the story line ! I have so many ideas, it's ridiculous !

& a special thanks to;
imjustinlove
summertimesadness
randarue22
Peace_Love_Jonas
& kailixx
For being amazing readers and commenting !

Please Rate, Comment, Subscribe, Share, & Love !
Mahalo,