Status: Barely active, but still alive

Complications Between Mythical Creatures

Grocery List

Jake


I can feel the leaves and small twigs crush and break under my feet with each step.. A forest... I'm walking through a forest... It seems like there is a mist surrounding me.. It makes the bark and greenery glow... Suddenly I feel a slight tug in the pit of my stomach... It pulls me forward.. A small giggle echoes through the air and into my ears. The sound makes my heartbeat kick up and the tug in my stomach tightens. “Who's there?” I call out. No answer...

There's a figure walking just a few meters ahead of me... Judging by the silhouette it looks like it's a girl, she's small with long hair wearing a short flimsy dress... For some reason I feel like I know this girl... Like I've met her before... As soon as the thought crosses my mind the tug becomes a full blown pull. Without realizing I take a step toward her and the sound of a twig snapping under my foot sounds like a siren, scaring her off..

Her head whips back and our eyes meet. The moment my eyes lock with hers, I'm surrounded by a whirlpool of warmth. Suddenly I feel like I'm drawn to her even more than before... Now that pull feels like a large hand grasping my soul.. pulling me toward her.
Whoever she is... I need to know... As quickly as our eyes met, she tears hers away and takes off. “No, wait!” I run after her...

My feet pound the ground trying to keep up with this mysterious girl. I watch as her figure glides effortlessly through the foliage, over large boulders, but I begin to fall behind... The feeling grows stronger, but as I fall behind
If you shift into a wolf you'd be able to keep up. Without another thought I run faster and piece by piece take off my clothes. Finally, I leap into the air and shift, my body erupts in fur and claws.

My paws touch the ground and I effortlessly stride behind her.
Ha! Try to outrun me now I'm practically on her heels now. Just a couple more strides and I'll be right beside her. But just as I reach her side I see her peer at me out of the corner of her eye. A small smirk appears and with a small giggle, she takes a sharp right and takes off into a whole other direction.

It takes me a second to realize what happened as I screech to a stop and collect myself. I don't know why but I
have to go after her... I take off in the direction that I last her her go and push myself to go a fast as possible. She's fast... I watch as her small figure comes into view... Just a little more...

“Jake....” a deep, familiar voice echoes through my head.. “Jacob....” the forest begins to glow brighter, “Jake...” and as the forest glows brighter, the girl begins to fade. “No...” my eyes grow wide as her image continues to fade... “Wait!” “Jacob....”

“Jake ! Jacob !” the sound of my dad's voice echoed through the house. “Jake !” he calls my name again. Judging by the distance of his voice, it sounds like he's in the kitchen. “Mmm...” I groan slowly opening my eyes. The bright sun pierces through my window above my bed. The intensity of the light causes me to shut my eyes again.

“Jacob,” my dad's knuckles softly hit the door a few times before he opens it. “Mmm...” I rub the sleep from my eye lids, hoping that that would calm my pupils a little bit. “Jake, I need you to run to the store for a few things.” I open my eyes again and try to focus on his face. “Can you do that, please?” he looks at me as he places his hands in his lap.

“Mhmm..” I lift my head up off the edge of my mattress and drop it on my pillow. “Thanks,” he smiles at me before pulling his wheelchair out of my doorway and into the hall. “There's a list on the kitchen counter and money next to it. Bring Embry along with you, he should be waking up about now..”

I said nothing as I listened to the sound of my dad wheeling himself into his bedroom, my eyes still closed. An image of the girl flashes through my mind again and my eyes snap open. The empty hole in my stomach ached again and pulled me towards the window above my bed. I push myself up and turn to look out through the glass panes. Everything seems normal... well as normal as it can get. The disconnected garage that holds all my tools and my bike. Beyond the faded red walls are the countless thick and tall oak trees.
I began to picture the girl again... Running through the woods.. It's only a dream Jake. Don't get so caught up in it, I think to myself. But I can't help but feel that it was more than that.. Like maybe it means something else...

“Jake!” my dad's voice called out again. “I'm up, Dad!” I replied brushing off the last few thoughts of my dream. “Good, cause Embry's here,” and as if on cue, Embry walked through my bedroom door. “Morning,” he beamed shoving his hands into the pockets of his cut offs. Turning I can't help but smile. This kid is completely beaming. “What's up with you?” I ask standing up to make my way to my dresser.

“I don't know...” Embry's smile grew wider as he sits on my bed and fluffs a pillow under his head. “I just woke up this morning and I feel like a new man.” I scoffed at him, pulling on a plain black T Shirt, “A new man? Youre no where near a man...”

“Shut up,” a pillow hit me in the head. I turned around and picked up the pillow, tossing it back on to my bed near Embry's feet. “So what are we gonna do today ?” he asked. “We're gonna go pick up some groceries for my dad,” I replied checking my wallet then tucking it into my back pocket.

“Sounds like fun,” he says as I make my way to my bathroom to brush my teeth. “Where exactly are we going?” he asks biting his nails.

“I think we're gonna have to go into Port Angeles, my dad likes that new grocery store they have.”

Image

Scarlet


The back door shuts closed as Abby and I walk into the kitchen, our hair is wind blown, our bodies covered in sweat. I pull open the fridge door and grab two chilled water bottles. Abby thanks me as she catches the bottle I toss at her. We both take a seat at the kitchen island and almost drain our entire bottles.

“So how's Mom?” Abby asks taking a deep breath. I swallow my last drop of water and exhale, “She's okay, I guess.. I checked on her when I woke up. She was rolled up in her blankets... So I turned on the heater.” Abby looked down at her almost empty water bottle, eyebrows fixed in a worried expression, “Oh..” “I'm gonna go check on her, you wanna wait here?” I ask crushing my water bottle before tossing it into the garbage. “Yeah,” Abby follows my action before walking over to the fridge to grab another.

***


My knuckles tap the door of my mother's bedroom door letting her know that I'm home from training, “Mom?” I ask softly. The sound of my mother's groggy voice muffles through the door, “Come in, Honey.” I turn the door knob and slowly push the door open. Walking quietly I make my way to the empty side of the bed, “Good morning,” I smile.

“Good morning, sweetheart. How was training?” she asks hugging a pillow. “It was okay,” I reply looking at her face. Usually she's up by now, sometimes reading some books on magic or handling something else. But looking at her I can tell that she does not feel good at all. I look at her right arm, propped up on her pillow. The burn is covered by bandages. But you can tell that it's gotten worse, “How's your arm?” The smile on her face falls for just a moment, and she looks down at it, “It's not that bad...” she smiles again shaking her head a bit. “Mom...” I look at her. “Okay... I feel terrible...” she laughs lightly.

“Is there anything I can do?”

“Uhmm... yeah. Could you and Abby go down to the herb shop in Port Angeles for me and get some things?”

“Yeah, of course. What do you need?”

“Uhmm...” she pauses to sit up and look around her room. Off to our left is her desk where she likes to keep certain books and files. “You see that book in that pile right there?” I follow the direction she points and see two stacks of books on the corner of her desk. “Uhm... which one? The one with the pages?” making my way over to her desk I begin going through the stack of books. There's got to be at least a dozen books all together.

My mother laughs airily, “Ha ha ha... Gimme a break, I'm broken over here. The small one that should have rosemary leaves on the cover.”

“This one?” I show her a book a little bigger than the span of my hand. She nods and asks me to flip to page 58. “I remember this potion... Didn't you use it on me before?” I ask making my way back to her bed. “Yeah, this is a book of our family remedies and whatnot,” she says as I look through the ingredients. “Oh...”

“Well I'm not sure which herbs you need to buy, so just see which ones we have and if we're running somewhat low on a few things write them down.”

“Wait, I don't even know what most of these look like...” I say realizing I don't know as much as I thought.

“That's alright, just bring the whole book if you want. This book is a bit more advanced than the level that you're at. The woman behind the counter will help you. Just let her know that you're my daughter and she'll take care of everything.”

“Okay,” the old book closes shut in my hand, “anything else?”

“No, that's all. Thank you, Honey,” my mother reaches up to tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear. “Of course, now get some rest,” I touch my lips to her forehead before helping her lay back in bed. A smile is her last reply before closing her eyes to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn.... It's been too long ! So sorry that this is so short, I wanted to get a chapter out ASAP !

So what do you think? Any predictions ? (;
Hope you liked it, nothing too interesting unfortunately. But more to come !

Thank you so much to
imjustinlove & animeQT613 for commenting
and especially to all my subscribers !

No silent readers please !

Please comment, rate, subscribe, and rec !
Mahalo!