My Tattooed Angel

Warmness On the Soul

I feel the bunk move. It's probably just Syn getting up. I nuzzle my face back in to my pillow. Someone's moving up the bunk, like I said, probably Syn.

"I'm getting married." Matt says staring right in my face.

"What the hell?" I ask opening my eyes.

"I proposed to Val, and she said yes." Matt says standing o his knees, but then hitting the ceiling.

"Huh?" Brian asks sitting up.

"I'm engaged to the greatest woman on earth." Matt says.

"Katie's mine..." Brian says.

"He means Val." I say.

"Oh...you proposed...I get it now." Brian says.

"Oh my god...your getting married." I say going from sitting to kneeling.

"Yeah." Matt says with a huge smile on his face.

"Come here. I'm so proud of you." I say hugging Matt.

"Thanks Katie." Matt says

"Where you going?" I ask as Matt climbs down the bunk.

"To tell the others." Matt says skipping to Zacky's bunk.

I crawl off the bunk and try to avoid getting run over by Matt who's off the wall in happiness. I sit across from Val who's sitting at the table sipping her coffee.

"Hey Future Mrs. Mathew Charles Sanders ." I say.

"Yeah." Val says looking down at her left hand.

"I'm so happy for you." I say.

"Do you think we're ready?" Val asks.

"Val, how many years have you been dating?" I ask.

"I don't know, ever since 6th grade." Val says.

"If your relationship lasted that long, it's destiny." I say.

"Your right." Val says smiling.

Matt's been wanting to ask Val to marry him for almost a year. He was afraid that she would say no. I don't know why he would think that, Val loves Matt so much and visa versa. In middle school, I never thought that the two would one day be engaged. It's amazing how love works. Val gets up to up her cup in the sink. Matt, who's a lot more calm now, walks to her and puts his arm around her waist. She nuzzles her face into his chest, they were so meant to be.
It's the last song of the night. Brian leans his guitar agented the side of the stage. He walks behind Jimmy and brings out a keyboard and stand.

"For the last song of the night, we're doing a song off the first album." Matt says.

Matt looks back at Syn and he starts the piano part for Warmness on the soul. I always forget that Brian can play piano too, he's a music geek, just like me. As Brian does the into, Matt walks backstage and leads Val by the hand onto the stage. Matt starts singing to Val as he holds her left with his free hand. Matt wrote this song for Val a really long time ago, even before Avenged Sevenfold's first album. By the time the band finishes the whole song, both Matt and Val have tears in their eyes by what they're feeling right about now. I couldn't be anymore happier for them.