My Tattooed Angel

U R MINE

I wake up to Joey chirping. He sounds close. I open my eyes and turn over to face Brian. Brian's awake and staring cross eyed at Joey who's perched on his nose. I laugh and shoo Joey off Brian until he flies into the hall way. I scoot closer to Brian until I'm hovered over him.

"I don't care what Joey thinks,this is my property." I say kissing Brian's nose.

"And this is mine." Brian says pulling me down next to him.

I laugh and rest my head on his chest. Brian plays with my hair between his fingers until I look over at the clock and realize how late it is. Johnny should be here in fifteen minutes.

"We have to get up." I say.

"Yeah..." Brian says.

I sit up and walk to the closet. I get fully dressed, but I can't find my sweat shirt. It's about the only thing close to a coat that I have.

"Looking for this?" Brian asks pulling out my sweatshirt from under his pillow.

"Yeah, thanks." I say ask Brian throws my sweatshirt at me.

Brian rounds up Joey's stuff and I put together the travel cage. I carefully place Joey in the plastic aquarium and Brian hands me some stuff to put in the cage. I swear, he's like our child. I carry my bag and Joey's cage as Brian and I walk to the van.

"What's that?" Johnny asks as I place Joey on my lap.

"Our cockatiel." Brian says.

"His name's Joey." I say.

"You two just keep getting weirder and weirder." Johnny says as he starts to drive to Matt and Val's.

We pick up everyone and everyone asks about Joey, it's like they've never seen a cockatiel before. Once everyone gets on the bus, I let Joey fly around. For some reason he keeps landing on Jimmy's head. Maybe it's because he's a fucking skyscraper. No one's really bothered by Joey, which is good. I think he'll be a really good travel buddy. Maybe in my spare time I'll try to teach him how to talk. He's good at waking Brian up, maybe I'll teach him how to say that.