My Tattooed Angel

Sombody to Love

Maybe I was exaggerating when I said recording would take a month. We only have a couple more days left. Jimmy has just been on a writing rampage, and wrote a new song called "A little piece of heaven". It's sort of like a rock opera, except so much cooler. There are so many things stuffed into that song. I think it's one of my favorites. We've been working on this song alone all day. Like I said, there's a lot of stuff put into it. The Rev is recording a part when he sings "Eat it, Eat it, Eat it." It sounds really dirty, and it sort of is. Matt's laughing his fucking ass off, he seriously can't control himself.

"Eat it, Eat it." I hear.

That wasn't Jimmy, and it sure wasn't one of us. I think we have a stalker at hand...maybe not...maybe it is just jimmy.

"Eat it, Eat it." I hear again.

This time the sound comes from behind me. I quickly turn around, Joey's behind me perched on the couch.

"Eat it, Eat it." Joey says.

I pick up Joey and he says it again. Great, the only two words he can say are Eat and it. It's sort of funny that he picked it up so quickly. I show Syn, he thinks it's hilarious. Joey has a really dirty mind, maybe not, he probably doesn't even get why we're laughing so hard when he says it. The rest of the day is devoted to "A little piece of heaven." There aren't to many guitar parts, so I had Syn to hang around almost the whole day. Since we worked SO hard today, well some of us did. We decide to hang out at a bar. We all get a table together. Of course, this is sort of torture for Val, considering she's pregnant. She just sips at her diet coke, though I think Matt's drunk enough for the both of them. There's a guy who's playing piano and he's letting people request songs for sort of a sing a long.

"I dare you to do a song." Brian says.

"Maybe I will." I say standing up.

"Oh god. Have you ever heard her sing in the shower?" Zacky asks.

"Yeah. Have YOU?" Brian asks.

"Um...no...damn it." Zacky says.

"Rock 'em Katie." Brian says.

"You know I will." I say.

Apparently there aren't a lot of souls brave enough to sing in front of a big crowd, the pianist looks bored and has a huge smile when I come down and request a song.

"Somebody to Love by Queen?" I ask.

"You got it." He says.

I get up on the stage and look into the crowd. I think I see our table. The pianist waits for a cue to start.

"This one's for my Brian, who's back there...somewhere." I say.

"Knock 'em dead Katie. WOOO" Brian yells from the back.

I smile and look over at the pianist. He starts the into and I start to sing. I love this song, and sing it around the house all the time. Even ask Brian, he gets the worst of it. I guess I did really well, everyone's standing and clapping. I tried to do my best, and I guess I did. I hear cheering from the back. I skip off stage and run back to table.

"Dude, you rocked." Johnny says giving me a high five.

"Yeah, isn't she awesome." Brian says wrapping his arms around my torso.

"And I'm all yours." I say touching my finger to his nose.

I can just see Zacky rolling his eyes. I realize that it sometimes hurts him when Syn and I have moments. I think he still does have some feelings for me, even though he has a girlfriend. Maybe if it wasn't for my dick of a brother, we'd still be together, but then I wouldn't have Syn. No offense to Zacky, but maybe it was for the better, even though it ended a way a relationship should never end. We all head for the van. Matt decides to pay the tab, see I told you he was drunk...no he's actually pretty sober for him being Matt.

"Hey Katie, could I talk to you?" Matt asks stopping me in my tracks.

"Sure." I say walking back to the table.

" Well as you know, Val's pregnant. That means I'll have to leave in a month or so, I don't want Val to be touring when she's pregnant. That means I'd be going with her..." Matt says.

"But what about the band?" I ask.

"That's where you come in. Katie, I want you to fill in for me." Matt says.

"You mean sing in your place?" I ask.

"Yeah. You should have seen yourself up there. Your a natural, you have a great voice, and you know the songs better then anyone I know." Matt says.

"Oh Matt, I could never..." I say.

"Please, I wouldn't want anyone else." Matt says.

"Ok, I'll do it." I say.

"I knew you'd pull though, thanks Katie." Matt says hugging me.

"Anytime." I say hugging him back.