My Tattooed Angel

Haner To Be

I'm sitting on a trunk cleaning up a bass. I see Syn take a guitar from the rack. Is that the guitar I think it is? I stand up and walk to him.

"Why are you using that guitar. You know it always breaks down." I ask.

"I don't know. Just too switch things up." Brian says.

"Go ahead, make my life harder." I say.

"Gotta go." Brian says kissing my cheek.

If that guitar goes whack, I'm going to be so pissed. That guitar is so old, it breaks down almost every time it's used. During the show, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around, it's Brian...the one not on stage.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"You tell me." Brian says.

"You don't know?" I ask.

"Syn really wanted me to come today. He wouldn't tell me why though." Brian says.

"Yeah, he's been like that all day. Secretive and stuff." I say.

"He takes after his mother." Brian says.

A laugh and continue to watch Syn. Maybe the guitar will hold up, but my question is why he's not using his regular guitar. Maybe I spoke too soon, because the guitar stops working during burn it down. Syn shakes it and then looks back at me.

"Katie, I think we need you." Jimmy says looking over at me.

"Yeah, Yeah. I know." I say rolling my eyes.

I give Syn an evil glance as I take the guitar from him and kneel on the stage. I take a screwdriver out of my pocket and unscrew the back of the guitar. I work with the wiring and screw the back on again. I told him it would break down. I hand Syn his guitar and walk off the stage. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Syn rest his guitar agented the amp and run to me. He drags me by the hand to where he was positioned before.

"Katie, I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side." Brian says.
"Will you marry me?" Brian asks getting down on one knee.

"Oh Brian." I say. He looks up at me, waiting for an answer.
"Yes Brian, I'll marry you." I say.

Brian takes a small velvet box out of his pocket and takes the silver ring out of the box. He slowly slides the silver band up my left ring finger. Brian stands up and we hug. I kiss his lips like I've never kissed them before.

"I love you Brian." I say wrapping my arms around his waist.

"And I love you too Katie." Brian says.
"I gotta get back to the show." He says.

"Ok. See you in a few." I say kissing his cheek and walking off stage.

I walk off the stage. Val and Brian are as close to the stage as possible. Val walks up to me and gives me a hug.

"Welcome to the family." Brian says.

"It's a pleasure. I can't wait to be a Haner." I say.

Syn plays "Katie's Dream" for the last part of the show. The same solo that really brought us together. As soon as Syn comes off Stage, I fly into his arms, holding him close.

"So that's why you were using that guitar, to get me on stage." I say

"Yeah. I was going to teach Joey to say "Will you marry me", and then I would follow though. But I accidentally thought him to say, will you bury me." Brian says.

"Yeah, that might have caused you some issues." I laugh.

The show was really late. We head back to the bus. I'm pretty tired, so I search for my pajamas. I find them in the crack between the wall and my old bunk. I reach over to dig them out. Brian wraps his arms around my torso and starts to playfully hump me.

"Brain!" I say turning around in his arms.

Brian leans over and falls onto me. I clear the bangs from his face and swoop them behind his ear.

"Now just because we're engaged doesn't mean you get to hump me in public." I say.

"This isn't public." Brian says.

"When people are home, it's considered public." I say.

"Ok fine...then what can I do to you in public?" Brian asks bringing his legs up, completely straddling me.

"I could name a couple things." I say kissing him.

"Please, keep the fucking to a minimum." Johnny says walking past the bunk

"Never!" Brian yells back at him.

"That's my Brian." I say.

"Yep." Brian says.