My Tattooed Angel

Them...

I just finished my breakfast and now I'm washing out the bowl. Brian's lounged out on the couch, still in his boxers and T-shirt, channel surfing. As I dry off the bowl, I look out the window above the sink. There's a moving van at the house next to us. That must be the new family moving in.

"Hey Syn, check this out." I say.

Brian walks up next to me and looks out the window. He gives me a weird look, I don't think he gets it.

"The new family's moving in." I say pointing out the van.

"And..." Brian says.

"I was thinking we should welcome them in to the neighborhood." I say.

"Your serious?" Brian asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Alright, let's go." Brian says taking one of his fedoras from the rack and walking out the door.

Thinking he was kidding about going in his boxers, I stay in the kitchen. I wait by the door waiting for him to come back, he doesn't. I look out the window and he's half way down the road.

"Brian, no." I yell running out the door.

I run down the street barefoot until I catch up to Brian. He stops and I lead him back to the house.

"Remember when we drove down the road in a gold cart sining the national anthem?" I ask.

"We were so wasted." Brian says.

"Remember that the Hicks' moved a week after?" I ask.
"Let's try to have at least ONE neighbor that doesn't think we're idiots." I say.

"But we are idiots." Brian says.

"I know that, but they don't need too." I say.

"Alright." Brian says.

We make it to the house. Brian throws on a pair of jeans and I do the same. I would bring the new neighbors something, but I don't think they'll want a bunch of guitar picks.

"Ok, we can go now." I say taking Brian's hand.

We walk to the house. The moving val is gone now. There's a car parked in the driveway, it looks sort of old. We walk to the door and I knock on it. An elderly lady opens the door. She gives us a puzzled look.

"Hi, welcome to the neighborhood. I'm Katie..." I say.

"And I'm Brian." Brian says.

"Hello. My name is Anne, and this is my husband Albert." Anne says waving over her husband.
"Well, we have to finish un-packing. It was very nice to meet you." She says

"You too, bye." I say.

Brian and I continue home.

"They seem nice." Brian says.

"They were...interesting" I say

"I don't think they'll cause us too much trouble." Brian says.

"Yeah..." I say.
"Hey Brian." I whisper into his ear.

"What?" Brian whispers back.

"Tag, your it." I say tapping his shoulder and running away.

"Your so going to get it." Brian says chasing after me.

I have the feeling we're going to lose another neighbor soon, Brian and I are pretty crazy.