My Tattooed Angel

The War on Maple Street

Syn's down stairs working on a new solo downstairs. I'm sitting on the couch reading a book...oh who am I kidding, I'm listening to Brian play. Brian's definitely my guitar hero. I hear a knock at the door. I wonder who it could be. Brain doesn't notice, he keeps playing. I start to get up. The person at the door knocks harder and louder.

"I'm coming, hang on." I say.

I get to the door and open it. It's Anna and Albert, our new elderly neighbors that moved in a couple day's ago.

"Hello dear, may I ask what that noise is?" She asks.

"Oh that's just Brian." I say.

"Well, could it stop?" Anna asks

"That's his job." I say.

"Making racket?" Albert asks.

"No, playing guitar." I say.

"Well, I don't care. I've been trying to take a nap, and all I hear is that racket." Anna says.

"Well I'm sorry." I say trying to control myself.

"Aren't you going to make it stop?" Albert asks.

"In time, now can I please go back to my business?" I ask.

They leave and I close the door. Brian's not being that loud, and they live far enough away. It's not like the houses have one foot of space between them. I might as tell Brian to quiet down, so Mr and Mrs Sensitive don't come back.

"Hey Syn, could you quiet down?" I ask.

Brian stops playing and I hear him run up the stairs. He opens the door and stands at the last step.

"Are you sick?" Brian asks putting his hand to my forehead.

"No...I'm fine." I say taking his hand from my face.

"Well ether way, I think my bride to be needs some TLC." Brian says scooping me in his arms.

"Brian." I laugh putting my arms around his neck.

Brian lays me down on the couch and I bring him down on top of me. We start to kiss and really get into it when I hear tapping at one of the windows. Brian hears it too. He sits up with his body resting on my stomach. I see his expression and sit up as much as I can. Anna and Albert are at the window watching up make out. Brian flips them off and they walk away from the window.

"What the fuck was that about?" Brian asks laying back down on top of me.

"They we're complaining about your playing being too loud." I say.

"Seriously? I barley had the amp on." Brian says

"I know." I say.

"This means War." Brian says.
"But how?" He asks.
"I'm taking a shower on it." Brian says getting up.

"Ok." I say.

Brian heads into the bathroom. After about fifteen minutes I hear something from the bathroom. I get up and put my ear to the door.

"You, I wanna take you to a gay bar. I wanna take you to a gay bar. I wanna take you to a gay bar, gay bar, gay bar." Brian sings.

"Brain?" I ask.

"Yeah?" Brian asks.

"Your scaring me." I say.

"It's my job." Brian says.

"It's working." I say.

Maybe Anna and Albert heard him too. Because a month later, they move. Almost for the better, it was sort of creepy when they spied on us. Joey's now singing Gay Bar. No matter how many times I try to teach him to say "I love you", he always picks up stuff like this really fast.