My Tattooed Angel

Gone?

I've been on edge all week. It's getting really close to Val's due date. Every time the phone rings, I'm always worried that it's Matt asking me how to deliver a baby in the middle of a high way. Luckily most of his calls have been about where to get a sour skittle burger. You could say Val's requests have been a little unreasonable. We're about to go on stage, they guys are rounding up their instruments and I'm warming up my voice. I hear my phone go off. I walk over to my stuff, but the ringing stops before I get to it. I start to walk back to Brian and the rest of the guys when it goes off again. I let out a sigh, roll my eyes, and walk back to my stuff.

"Hello?" I ask

There's dead silence. I consider hanging up until I hear something on the other end. This is really creepy.

"Hello?" I ask again.

"Val's gone." A masculine voice says at the other end.

"Matt?" I ask.
"What do you mean Val's gone?" I ask.

"I can't find her. Katie I need you." Matt says.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Val...please just come down here." Matt says.

"Ok...I'm coming hang on." I say picking up my back pack.

I walk over to the guys, they look confused. I have to get to Matt. I don't know what's going on, but Matt sounds really scared.

"Johnny, I need the key's to the van." I say.

"Um...why?" Johnny asks.

"I don't have time to explain, and I don't even know half of whats going on. I have to get to Matt though." I say.

"Is Val is labor?" Brian asks.

"Like I said, I don't even know half of it." I say.

"Who's going to sing though?" Zacky asks.

"You guys can. I have to leave." I say.

"Here, go." Johnny says taking the key's out of his pocket and throwing them to me.

"Thanks." I say.

"I'm coming with you." Brian says.

"You guys can sing in my place, but no one can replace you. I'll call you later, I promise." I say.

"Be safe." Brian says kissing my cheek.

"Ok, I'll try." I say running out of the stadium.

I find the Val and sit in the drivers seat. I remember I'm still on the phone with Matt. I put the phone on speaker and place it on the dashboard.

"Ok, now where are you?" I ask.

"Outside of Bruno's." Matt says.

Bruno's is the local bar at Huntington Beach. We go there all the time to hang out. That's the bar where Brian got alcohol poisoning.

"Ok, I'm almost there." I say.

Luckily we're pretty close to home. Only about half an hour away. I hope Matt's OK, what did he mean when he said Val's missing. With that thought in mind, I step harder on the gas pedal. I finally pull up to Bruno's. Matt's sitting agented the wall, knee's held agented his chest. I park the van and run to his side. I kneel next to him and place my hand on his shoulder. He looks up at me but then buries his face into his knees.

"Matt, what happened?" I ask.

"Val..." Matt says staring into the street.

"Matt, where is she?" I ask.

"She's...I don't know." Matt says.

"What'd you do?" I ask.

"Nothing. I should have though." Matt says.

"Come one, let's get you home." I say supporting Matt to a standing position.