My Tattooed Angel

Dear God

I suddenly wake up. I turn my head to Brian's side of the bed, he's not there. I walk out to the living room. Brian's sitting on the couch watching TV. Matt's pacing in the kitchen with his cell phone to his ear. I stand there for a minute.

"There's sleeping beauty." Brian says turning his head to face.

"Yeah..." I say rolling my eyes.

Matt finally puts his phone on the counter. He let's out a sigh and looks down. Brian and I exchange glances.

"What's up Matt?" I ask walking over to him.

"For the past hour, I've tried to call Val's phone. But she won't pick up." Matt says.

"The police will find her, and both Val and baby will be OK." I say.

"But what if she goes into labor, and I'm not there. What if I miss the birth of our kid." Matt says.

"You won't. They'll find her." I say putting my hand on Matt's shoulder.

"I sure hope your right." Matt says.

Brian stands up off the couch. He walks to the sink and puts his coffee mug in it. He glances over at the clock.

"I better get ready to go." Brian says.

"Go? Your leaving?" I ask.

"I have too Katie." Brian says.
"I guess your staying with Matt?" Brian asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Alright." Brian says nodding his head.

Brian heads to the bed room to get ready to leave. I grab myself a cup of coffee and sit on the couch. I'm really going to miss Brian, but I shouldn't be complaining. Matt doesn't even know where the hell Val is. Half an hour later, Brian walks out of the bedroom with everything he needs.

"I gotta go." Brian says.

"Alright." I say.

"Bye." Brian says kissing me on the cheek

"Bye" I say.

"I'll call you later." Brian says as he walks out the door.

"Guess it's just you and me." I say looking over at Matt.

"Yeah...I guess." Matt says.
"Well, I'm gonna take a shower." Matt says.

"Alright. If you need anything, just ask." I say.

Matt head's into the bathroom. I look over at the couch, I left my mug on the table. I walk over over to get it when I notice a piece of paper under one of the pillows. I pull it out, it looks like Matt's hand witting. At the top, the words Dear God are written. I read the piece of paper. It seems like a song, he must of written it last night. I stare at the piece of paper until I realize that the song is about what happened last night. It all makes sense. I fold the paper and put in my pocket. I head to the bedroom and get dressed, being sure not to loose the piece of paper. By the time I get dressed, Matt's in the living room. He's turning up all the pillow's and everything.

"Looking for this?" I ask pulling the folded up piece of paper out of my pocket.

"How did you...?" Matt asks.

"I found it while you were in the shower. Hope you don't mind that I read it." I say handing him the piece of paper

"It's alright." Matt says.
"I've read your diary, so we're even." He says.

"What..."I say

"Don't hurt me." Matt says.

"I won't...today." I say.
"Are you going to do anything with Dear God?" I ask.

"I don't know, It's a little late to put it on the new album. We probably couldn't even get in the studio." Matt says.

"Maybe not...follow me." I say.

"Um...OK." Matt says. I bring Matt down stairs.

"Oh yeah, I forgot this was down here." Matt says.

"Yep, welcome to guitar heaven." I say.

"Yeah, I about to say." Matt says looking around at the walls covered with guitars.

"We could record it here and put it on the album. All we have to do is to get the guys." I say.

"Thanks Katie, your the best." Matt says.

I smile and head upstairs. I almost forget that Brian's not here. The thing is that Brian's always with me. Wherever he is, I usually am. My phone beeps, I have a new text. I take my phone out of my pocket and open the message. It's from Brain.

I love you - Syn

There's a picture attached. Its Brian blowing a kiss to the camera. I smile and close my phone, this is going to be hard.
It's now getting late. I can't find Matt, this can't be good. Maybe he's outside. I open the door and sitting on the stoop in from of the door is Matt. I sit down next to him. He's looking up at the sky.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I ask.

"Val...the baby." Matt says.

"Oh..." I say.

"I can't help but wonder, if she's looking up at the same stares, thinking of me." Matt says.

"No matter what she does, she thinks of you." I say.

"You think so?" Matt asks.

"I know so." I say.

"Thinking of Syn?" Matt asks.

"Always." I say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Obviously "Dear God" Isn't about Val being kidnapped. But if you listen to the song, the lyrics work really well with the story line.