My Tattooed Angel

Lost and Found

Matt's off to a late start. It's 1:00PM, and he just got into the shower. Me on the other hand, I've been awake for several hours. I'm sitting on the couch, doodling on a note pad. Boredom is taking a toll on me. Matt walks out of the bathroom and into the spare room to get changed. Suddenly Matt's phone rings.

"Hey Katie, could you get that?" Matt asks.

"Sure." I say putting down my pen on the table.

I walk to the counter, where Matt's phone is. The number is not one I recognize. I open the phone and put it to my ear.

"Hello, Mathew Sanders' line." I say.

"This is the Orange County police station, I'm calling on the account of Valary Sanders." A masculine voice says.

Matt walks into the kitchen, and stands in the middle of the room. He looks worried, as if he knows who's on the other end.

"She has been found, and is now in the hospital. She right now is in labor" The man says again.

"Oh my god, thank you." I say hanging up the phone.

I close the phone and place it back on the counter. I look at Matt, he looks like he's about to tackle me if I don't tell me what's going on. I slowly walk over to Matt.

"They found her. She's in the hospital and...your going to be a dad." I say smiling.

"Oh my...let's go." Matt says barley knowing what to say.

Every time I look over at Matt, he has such a happy expression on his face. A huge change from when I picked him up from the bar a couple day's ago. I'm not one for speeding, but this is an exception. We arrive at the hospital in thirty minutes. I park the van and Matt and I head inside. A nurse it expecting us, and leads us though the hospital.

"Is she still in labor?" Matt asks.

"No, the baby was delivered fifteen minutes ago." The Nurse says.

I look at Matt, he really didn't want to miss the birth. He wanted to be there for Val every step of the way. I put my hand on Matt's shoulder for comfort. The nurse stops at a room. Matt and I exchange glances and walk in.

"Matt." Val softly says.

Matt walks to Val and sits on the side of the bed. All Matt can do is smile. Val looks exhausted, first she was kidnapped and then she gives birth. She deserves an award for everything she's gone though the last couple days.

"Say hello to Emma." Val says.

"Just like we planned." Matt says.

"Do you wanna hold her?" Val asks.

"Yeah, OK." Matt says.

Val hands the sleeping Emma to Matt. It's sort of funny to watch Matt, this big muscular guy, hold a tiny new born baby.

"You just gonna stand there?" Val asks.

"No." I laugh walking over to Val.

"Katie, would you and Brian be her godparents?" Val asks.

"I'd be honored, and I'm sure Brian would too." I say.

Speaking of Brian, I better call him. I walk out to the hallway and take my phone out of my pocket. I open it up and dial Brian's number.

"Hey Katie, what's up?" Brain asks.

"They found Val. She had the baby too. A beautiful baby girl named Emma." I say.

"Want me to come down there?" Brian asks.

"Can you?" I ask.

"I'll try, you at the hospital?" Brian asks.

"Yeah." I say.
"Val asked us to be Emma's godparents." I say.

"What'd you say?" Brian asks.

"That we would." I say.

"Cool. I'm coming now." Brian says.

I put my phone back in my pocket and walk back into Val's room. Emma's now awake and Matt's cuddling her. This is so cute. I sit around and try to keep Val within her sanity level. I hold Emma, she has Matt's eyes. My phone beeps, I have a new text message.

Hey, I'm down in the lobby. -Syn

I leave Val's room and head down stairs. Brian's standing in the middle of the lobby. I walk over to him. We kiss and I take his hand and we head upstairs to Matt and Val. After a while Brian and I leave. Matt says with Val and Emma, no nurse is going to move him away from his wife and new baby girl.