My Tattooed Angel

24 Hours

I have the feeling that someone is leaning over me. I open my eyes. To my surprise, Brian's standing five feet away with the video camera.

"Good morning Miss. Bell...oops, I mean Mrs. Haner." Brian says.

"Good morning." I say sitting up a bit.

Brian sits on the bed next to me. He still has the camera. I fully sit up and put my hands in my lap.

"Are you gonna put the camera down, it's sort of hard to kiss you with it over your face." I say.

Brian tosses the camera on the other side of the bed and crawls up my side of the bed. He wraps his arms around my neck and kisses me. I nuzzle my face to his, inhaling his sent.

"I love you Brian, and I'm so happy that I'm your wife." I say.

"I love you too, and I'm really happy that you are too." Brian says.

I smile and kiss his cheek. Brian holds me closer. I look over at the camera on Brian's side of the bed. I escape Brian's grasp and crawl over him to the camera. I turn it on and sit facing Brian.

"It's Brian Elwin Haner Junior y'all." I say.

Brian sits up off my pillow and crawls to where I am. He sits down facing me. He looks straight into the camera and just blinks. He smiles and pushes me down, with him landing on top of me.

"Help." I laugh.
"Please keep in mind that this may be seen by anyone." I say.

"Oh in that case, I better take my pants off." Brian says sitting up and undoing the tie on his pants.

"All children leave the room, Brian's getting naughty." I say.

"You act like that's a bad thing." Brian says.

I laugh and sit up to kiss Brian. I get dressed in my usual fashion. Jeans and a band shirt, which today is Pink Floyd. Since it is 1:00PM, I decide to have lunch. I slept in really late, too much partying at the wedding reception I guess. I make myself a grilled cheese sandwich and sit down. Brian walks out from the bedroom fully dressed. He slides on his shoes and picks up a metal baseball bat from the floor.

"Where you going?" I ask standing to throw my plate away.

"Taking care of the mailbox." Brian says.

"Thats right, we have to change it too just Haner instead of Haner-Bell." I say.
"What's the bat for?" I ask.

"The mail box." Brian says.

"All you have to do is peel off a couple stickers." I say.

"We're getting a new mail box, want to help me with the honers?" Brian asks picking up a second bat.

"Sure." I say sliding on my shoes.

Brian and I walk down the driveway and to shoulder of the road. The mail box still says my maiden name on it, that needs to change.

"Would you do the honer?" Brian asks.

"My pleasure." I say swinging the bat over my shoulder.

Brian and I beat the living shit out of our mail box. Our neighbors stare at us like we're mad, I guess we sort of are.