My Tattooed Angel

Just a little date

When I left this morning, Brian was still on the couch. Now that I walk down the driveway, coming back from a run, the truck is missing. I don't know where Brian could have went, it's just an ordinary Saturday. I shrug and enter the house, of course Brian leaves the door open. I slide off my running shoes and look at the counter. There's a note, in Brian's handwriting:

Meet me in the park at 6:30pm. -Syn

The Park? At 6:30pm? What's that all about? I shove the note in my pocket and walk to the bedroom. I change out of my sweatpants into jeans and tee-shirt. 6:30pm is a long way from now, what's Brian up too? I live though the rest of the day absolutely bored. The only one else here is Joey, and it's sort of hard to talk to a cockatiel that can only say Eat it and sing gay bar.
It's now 6:15pm, I better start heading down to the park considering that I'm taking the bus. I'm a little early, but I'll need time to actually find Brian. While walking down the concrete path, I hear an acoustic guitar. Who else could it be? I follow the sound until I find Brian. He's sitting on a pick-nick table with his acoustic guitar.

"Hey." I say.

"There you are." Brian says putting the guitar down.

"What are we celebrating?" I ask noticing the campaign bottle under the table.

"Nothing really." Brian says.

"Just the fact that your the sweetest man alive?" I ask sitting down next to him.

"Sure, why not?" Brian asks.

I smile and kiss his cheek. Brian, being Brian, opens the campaign. We make a bunch of random toasts...to random things. We get a little drunk, then again who makes toasts to Elmo when they're sober? Brian puts everything back in the car and we just walk around the park. Hand in hand, you know the way we roll. I walk onto the dock that leads to a pond. Brian follows me and playfully pushes me in. I get myself together and stand in the waist deep water looking up at Brian with my arms crossed.

"You know your coming in too, right?" I ask.

"What do you think I was going to do." Brian says.

"Well..." I say.

Brian jumps in after me. I dunk his head under so that he's as drenched as I am. I realize that maybe we should get out of the pond, before someone sees us. Brian drives home. As soon as get home, I change. I don't think I could take wearing wet jeans any longer. Brian just changes into new boxers, that aren't drenched in pond water and a tee-shirt. A usual Brian fashion. By the time I go to bed, my hair's still wet. Why does watter have to be so wet...did I just say that...maybe I'm a bit more then drunk.